• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please come help me address this U.K. lunatic

since9

Campaign Veteran
Location.

He made a very long post chock full of misstatements of fact and logical buffoonery. Sure would be nice if some of you could stop by and post a reply or three. Americans welcome! Anyone from the U.K. who can counter some of his claims which I strongly suspect are false would be even better.

Thanks!

- since9

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No thank you - he wishes to wage a war of words and I do not play such silly games.

Let him stew in his own pot as he has wrought.

eye95

When the Brits allowed themselves to be disarmed, the police, for the most part, were also unarmed. That seems to have changed. Now the Brits do not have arms for the most important reason to have arms: To protect themselves from an armed rogue government.

Clearly now that government has become VERY well armed.

Dumbass move on the part of the British subjectry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
<O>

Last edited:

F350

I was in Missouri during the voter referendum on CC in '98 and worked at a university, and I was having a letter to the editor published in support about every other week. At a university function I had a Brit come up to me and start a debate on guns in general; after it was clear to him he was loosing he puffed himself up in self-righteousness like only a Brit or Frog can do and said...

brit} WELL; if it was up to me we'd just go out and pick them ALL up!!!!
me} And exactly how did that work out for you lime sucking sons-of-bitches the last time you tried it?
brit} WELL!!
me} Why don't you shove a lime up your @ and go back where you came from.

He went and got his wife and as he was leaving; it was near the end of June, I gave him a cheery wave and said "HAPPY 4th OF JULY; see ya at the picnic?".

That was on a Friday night, middle of the next week there was a function in the auditorium I was in charge of and the university President (prior Air Force officer) come over to me and asked what went on between Nigel and me. So I told him, he closed his eyes, hung his head and shook it. I said "Pick a fight with a Jarhead, don't expect the Marquis of Queensberry".

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was in Missouri during the voter referendum on CC in '98 and worked at a university, and I was having a letter to the editor published in support about every other week. At a university function I had a Brit come up to me and start a debate on guns in general; after it was clear to him he was loosing he puffed himself up in self-righteousness like only a Brit or Frog can do and said...

brit} WELL; if it was up to me we'd just go out and pick them ALL up!!!!
me} And exactly how did that work out for you lime sucking sons-of-bitches the last time you tried it?
brit} WELL!!
me} Why don't you shove a lime up your @ and go back where you came from.

He went and got his wife and as he was leaving; it was near the end of June, I gave him a cheery wave and said "HAPPY 4th OF JULY; see ya at the picnic?".

That was on a Friday night, middle of the next week there was a function in the auditorium I was in charge of and the university President (prior Air Force officer) come over to me and asked what went on between Nigel and me. So I told him, he closed his eyes, hung his head and shook it. I said "Pick a fight with a Jarhead, don't expect the Marquis of Queensberry".
Marines don't train to lose.

Win, lose or draw - the only one worth repeating is win.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The site demands that I register as an author before I may be allowed to comment. Not worth my time and energy to play that game.

Were I to comment, it would be:

1) http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/2007/03/23/why-the-gun-is-civilization/ - especially when someone is saying only the army and the police should be allowed to have guns.

2) http://www.handgunrepairshop.com/Why_do_you_carry_a_gun.html

3) There is no way to make a nation gun-free. Pass all the laws you want regarding contraband, turn-ins (with or without just compensation), highly restrictive special permissions, and the like. Those laws will only be obeyed by the law-abiding citizenry, leaving all the criminals as essentially the only ones with guns. Evil exists, has always existed, and probably will always exist. That means, for purposes of this discussion, that criminals will continue to have guns. Now, if they would only use those guns against each other untill only one is left standing, the notion that nobody needs or should have guns might actually be correct.

stay safe.

scouser

Location.

He made a very long post chock full of misstatements of fact and logical buffoonery. Sure would be nice if some of you could stop by and post a reply or three. Americans welcome! Anyone from the U.K. who can counter some of his claims which I strongly suspect are false would be even better.

Thanks!

- since9

Actually, if you read what he says, he's Australian. I sometimes am asked if I'm Australian, along with "well you must be Irish" .. "Scottish then" .. "no you can't be English, you don't sound English". Well, I'm a mutt. English on my mother's side, and a mix of Irish Catholic and Scots-Irish Protestant on my dad's side, and that gets real confusing at times.

Doesn't take away the fact that his comments are emanating from between the wrong set of cheeks but us actual Brits don't like being lumped in with those whose forebears received free passage to the other side of the world.

Law abider

The man doesn't need addressing me ol joe! he looks like a looney bin! can't argue with blokes like that. An asylum he needs. Too proud to me he looks and loves tyranny. Where is your constitution? Fight you must against your powers and address the sane ones in power. Got to fight your way out. yes I enjoy oc my gun. the founders gave their lives fighting you blokes of yesteryear. look up kris anne hall and she will explain your former gun rights. tata.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The man doesn't need addressing me ol joe! he looks like a looney bin! can't argue with blokes like that. An asylum he needs. Too proud to me he looks and loves tyranny. Where is your constitution? Fight you must against your powers and address the sane ones in power. Got to fight your way out. yes I enjoy oc my gun. the founders gave their lives fighting you blokes of yesteryear. look up kris anne hall and she will explain your former gun rights. tata.

Did it for you - note that while see does not speak directly, individually to guns, she is an constitutional originalist.

http://www.theblaze.com/author/krisannehallesq/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...10-20100604_1_mr-jarvis-prosecutor-assistants

Last edited:

Law abider

Did it for you - note that while see does not speak directly, individually to guns, she is an constitutional originalist.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...10-20100604_1_mr-jarvis-prosecutor-assistants

Yes I too am a constitutional originalist. The British, God bless them for their fish and chips, and i ate a lot while in school over there, need to understand their history and their rights incorporated into our constitution. Kris ann Hall gives a 1hr talk on it and a 5 hr talk on it. She will be coming here in November.

scouser

She actually has her own website

http://www.krisannehall.com/

and the talks mentioned in the previous post are available to buy on dvd from there

saiga12boy

I think he is right in the fact that Australia has less gun crime however it has more crime and not to mention all the poisonous and dangerous animals and bugs they have in Australia that people probably get killed by there.

saiga12boy

This guy also says that quote "Why should the world’s greatest liberal democracy need to be protected by a population holding guns? What is your freedom if you all need assault rifles to protect it?
Does it end where you all have small, tactical nukes? What is your rule of law if your police and judiciary cannot enforce it? In what demented universe can you imagine for a moment that you need guns to protect you from a President who cannot even raise taxes!" Hello we have freedom because we have what you call "assault rifles" and other firearms. The reason the president supposedly can't raise taxes is because we have guns,knives,clubs,etc. though it is mainly because of guns. ( In the previous sentence what I meant by supposedly is that even though from what he says regarding the president and taxes if he's right Obama would raise taxes anyway.)

davidmcbeth

Banned
I can tell you from personal experience, living in England for several years.

The English I talked to HATED the fact that they gave their gun "rights" away. Now they have big brother in their small intestine and sky high taxes.

And folks in Ireland ? Many still have their evil assault rifles.

He's just a liberal living in a liberal's fantasy land.