Thread: Shooting in a Church in Crozet (near Charlottesville)

Charlottesville, VA

Shooting in a Church in Crozet (near Charlottesville)

My wife just sent me a text message to tell me that there's apparently been a shooting in a church in Crozet. I'll update if and when I get more info.

ETA: NBC 29 has a preliminary article (with no details) posted. It doesn't mention a church, but gives the address as 1446 McAllister. link

They're saying on TV now that someone was shot behind the church, not in it.
    Last edited by Lyndsy Simon; 05-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Richmond, Virginia, USA

Albemarle Police are investigating a shooting that occurred just after 10 a.m. Tuesday, in the 1400 block of McAllister Street in Crozet.

Police said that a 10-year-old girl was shot and died at the scene. A male juvenile was involved and discharged the gun, police said.

The investigation is on-going and that is the only information police have provided at this point.

There were initial community concerns, but police said that the scene was secure. A staging center was established right after the shooting, at the Open Door Ministry, according to reports from WCAV.

on a rock in the james river
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be humble. Be the best you can be.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!