• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stopped yesterday...

Xanaseyr

The law reads:

It also reads:
(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
and:
(d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to
(1) the lawful performance of official duties by an officer, agent, or employee of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision thereof, who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of law;
(2) the possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon by a Federal official or a member of the Armed Forces if such possession is authorized by law; or
(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

TheQ

It also reads:

and:

Go OC at your local SS (Social Security) office and let us know how it works out for you. Tell them you need a new SS card.

Take a copy of the law (like it'll do you any good) and a live upload video device. Let me know the URL of your live upload and when you do it. I'll be watching live.

Sheldon

Go OC at your local SS (Social Security) office and let us know how it works out for you. Tell them you need a new SS card.

Take a copy of the law (like it'll do you any good) and a live upload video device. Let me know the URL of your live upload and when you do it. I'll be watching live.

+1 you may eventually win but in the long you would loose one way or the other....

Xanaseyr

You can decide for yourself whether it's a good idea. I'm in no good position to fight something like that.
I just think it's silly to quote one line of the law without considering other relevant lines of even the same section.

+1 you may eventually win but in the long you would loose one way or the other....
I've heard similar statements made about lawful open carry.

You'll get kicked out of all your favorite businesses, the police will arrest you for brandishing, someone will steal your gun or attack you for the thrill of it, or they will prohibit or restrict the carry of firearms, whether open or concealed. You just can't win.
To some extent, in some places, there might even be some truth to it, but I think we can generally agree that open carry isn't the big devil.

Sheldon

You can decide for yourself whether it's a good idea. I'm in no good position to fight something like that.
I just think it's silly to quote one line of the law without considering other relevant lines of even the same section.

I've heard similar statements made about lawful open carry.

You'll get kicked out of all your favorite businesses, the police will arrest you for brandishing, someone will steal your gun or attack you for the thrill of it, or they will prohibit or restrict the carry of firearms, whether open or concealed. You just can't win.
To some extent, in some places, there might even be some truth to it, but I think we can generally agree that open carry isn't the big devil.

Agreed but my point was more of a legal fees, time off work to fight, possible jail time, being detained for a better part of the day, and the worst possible bad PR which would only serve to hurt our cause...

Now in AZ OC is a way of life by many and mostly ignored, way cool!

FreeInAZ

Agreed but my point was more of a legal fees, time off work to fight, possible jail time, being detained for a better part of the day, and the worst possible bad PR which would only serve to hurt our cause...

Now in AZ OC is a way of life by many and mostly ignored, way cool!

^^^ Above is mostly correct. In the rual areas OC is no big deal at all. In some other cities it can be a issue these include Tucson & Payson. Usually the cities with (Libtard populations or large numbers of former residents of PRK).

AZ is far from perfect. If you could take the best parts of MI gun (MCL 123.1102 carry in municipal buildings/ etc) law & make a hybrid with AZ's (Const. carry etc) I think most of us would be REALLY HAPPY. :)

Sheldon

^^^ Above is mostly correct. In the rual areas OC is no big deal at all. In some other cities it can be a issue these include Tucson & Payson. Usually the cities with (Libtard populations or large numbers of former residents of PRK).

AZ is far from perfect. If you could take the best parts of MI gun (MCL 123.1102 carry in municipal buildings/ etc) law & make a hybrid with AZ's (Const. carry etc) I think most of us would be REALLY HAPPY. :)

AKA the Commiefornia immigrants... yeah they really tend to PO the AZ long time residents with their wanting to change it to the way it was in the state they just escaped from...

Actually I have OC in Phoenix (and the surrounding municipalities), Siera Vista, Bisbee, Tombstone, Tucson, Prescott, Chino, Wickenburg, and of coarse my gold mining claim in the Bumblebee area, simply switching to CC as needed with never an issue... Maybe just dumb luck?

Last time in Phoenix I was OC outside at our motel when some guy came buy just to "feel safe."... There was a group of illegals MS-13 gang types in the area and they tended to avoid anyone that was OC like they had the plague....

Yep always condition orange when I travel...

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

@ Sheldon - not to side track the thread too much, I noted two cities that have had OC issues in the past.On a whole most places are fine with OC in AZ, as are most officers. LEO's in the greater Phoenix area don't give a second thought to OCers. There are always those in political office who will see just how much they can get away with, dispite State or Federal law and AZ is no exception. Tucson seems to be where most the anti-rights(2A) crap is slung from through.

http://gunway.com/discussion/161/tucson-city-government-at-it-again-2-new-gun-laws/p1

PS - you are correct also about the thug element in Phx also. I left a rally at the State building downtown about 6 weeks ago IIRC & stopped at the nearest Circle-K for a cool soda drink. Funny how there is always a ghetto not far from a center of Gov.? Anyways, I walked in and immediatley noticed several sort of shall we say "shady acting folks" lingering near the coolers. Once they saw my OC'd 45acp they were out of there like cock roaches at the sight of the Orkin man. As I paid the girl cashier said are you are cop? I told her - just a citizen. She smiled and said thanks. I asked for what? She said for scarring off the cooler flies, and remarked they must have also thought I was a cop... I was kinda of dressed nice I thought..I'll have to work on my wardrobe apparently, :p

Last edited:

Sheldon

@ Sheldon - not to side track the thread too much, I noted two cities that have had OC issues in the past.On a whole most places are fine with OC in AZ, as are most officers. LEO's in the greater Phoenix area don't give a second thought to OCers. There are always those in political office who will see just how much they can get away with, dispite State or Federal law and AZ is no exception. Tucson seems to be where most the anti-rights(2A) crap is slung from through.

http://gunway.com/discussion/161/tucson-city-government-at-it-again-2-new-gun-laws/p1

PS - you are correct also about the thug element in Phx also. I left a rally at the State building downtown about 6 weeks ago IIRC & stopped at the nearest Circle-K for a cool soda drink. Funny how there is always a ghetto not far from a center of Gov.? Anyways, I walked in and immediatley noticed several sort of shall we say "shady acting folks" lingering near the coolers. Once they saw my OC'd 45acp they were out of there like cock roaches at the sight of the Orkin man. As I paid the girl cashier said are you are cop? I told her - just a citizen. She smiled and said thanks. I asked for what? She said for scarring off the cooler flies, and remarked they must have also thought I was a cop... I was kinda of dressed nice I thought..I'll have to work on my wardrobe apparently, :p

Let me guess... Shoulder rig, dual mag? That is what I have noticed the police tend to wear a lot, must be cooler and easer access in the warm climate... Yep they do tend to scatter like cockroaches when the lights are turned on... :D

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Let me guess... Shoulder rig, dual mag? That is what I have noticed the police tend to wear a lot, must be cooler and easer access in the warm climate... Yep they do tend to scatter like cockroaches when the lights are turned on... :D

Good guess! +1!