Thread: AR way ahead of Missouri on OC!

AR way ahead of Missouri on OC!

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

And the amazing part is this bill was filed 3-6-2013, passed and sent to Gov 4-3-2013 and the Gov signed it 4-4-2013. This is moving at the speed of light compared to the MO Legislature. It takes longer than that for the MO Legislature to go to the bathroom for a call of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    And the amazing part is this bill was filed 3-6-2013, passed and sent to Gov 4-3-2013 and the Gov signed it 4-4-2013. This is moving at the speed of light compared to the MO Legislature. It takes longer than that for the MO Legislature to go to the bathroom for a call of nature.
    Amazing!

I do so much backpacking in AR it will be freaking amazing to OC! I have literally hiked thousands of miles in that state. My poor old g30 will be replaced with my S&W 636 plus. WOOT!

Regular Member HighValueWarrior's Avatar
    Hope the politicians in Jefferson City take notice ..............
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."

Benjamin Franklin
    The First American

Quote Originally Posted by HighValueWarrior View Post
    They have been notified! The next session doesn't start till Jan. 2014. We'll remind them again.........
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Love it! Variety of weapons too.

Visit AR, reward 'em with some tourist economy.

AR passed and the Gov signed at least 14 second amendment bills this session. And lots of folks in Jeff City consider AR as being a backward state. This only happened after the Republicians gained control of the Senate and House.

The reps/senators in JC have taken notice. Or did we somehow miss HB436 completely? Now, Nixon is another story, but we all knew that from the get-go. Our legislature passed hundreds of solid, good bills this session. Not all of them were 2A related, but that shouldn't mean we throw them under the bus. We should be thanking and congratulating them.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Re: AR way ahead of Missouri on OC!

You have to remember that Missouri tends to favor an omnibus approach to legislation in general, but especially with firearms.

HB436 is probably the equivalent of several bills in other states.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Re: AR way ahead of Missouri on OC!

The fact that Arkansas went from CC only to CC and OC (with no permit required for either) in such a short period of time is freakin amazing!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regular Member HighValueWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    The reps/senators in JC have taken notice. Or did we somehow miss HB436 completely? Now, Nixon is another story, but we all knew that from the get-go. Our legislature passed hundreds of solid, good bills this session. Not all of them were 2A related, but that shouldn't mean we throw them under the bus. We should be thanking and congratulating them.
    No one is disparaging 436 ..... a job mightily well done.
    However the Arkies just put everyone nationally to shame.

Not only did they decriminalize possession of knives, guns ect ..... but they changed the interpretation of their laws so that only criminals with 'intent' can be convicted.
    That is by far the most radical state transformation to happen in how long ? a century ???

The only thing better would be Constitutional Carry and it wouldn't be by much.

The Arkies have made a lot of 2A people quite envious and a lot of States will need to pick up their game.
    No crime in ''gently reminding them'

Competition is good
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."

Benjamin Franklin
    The First American

The wording in this article and bill are pretty shady. The did not remove the parts for saying a permit is needed, and permit holders are banned from such and such places, etc.

To me, it allows OC/CC, but the CCW laws are still in effect? Someone dropped the ball here.
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol
    Active OC/CC in Phelps county Area. (Rolla, St. James)