• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR way ahead of Missouri on OC!

larueman

And the amazing part is this bill was filed 3-6-2013, passed and sent to Gov 4-3-2013 and the Gov signed it 4-4-2013. This is moving at the speed of light compared to the MO Legislature. It takes longer than that for the MO Legislature to go to the bathroom for a call of nature.

Amazing!

I do so much backpacking in AR it will be freaking amazing to OC! I have literally hiked thousands of miles in that state. My poor old g30 will be replaced with my S&W 636 plus. WOOT!

HP995

Love it! :D Variety of weapons too.

Visit AR, reward 'em with some tourist economy.

Hope the politicians in Jefferson City take notice ..............:uhoh:

AR passed and the Gov signed at least 14 second amendment bills this session. And lots of folks in Jeff City consider AR as being a backward state. This only happened after the Republicians gained control of the Senate and House.

Oramac

Hope the politicians in Jefferson City take notice ..............:uhoh:

The reps/senators in JC have taken notice. Or did we somehow miss HB436 completely? Now, Nixon is another story, but we all knew that from the get-go. Our legislature passed hundreds of solid, good bills this session. Not all of them were 2A related, but that shouldn't mean we throw them under the bus. We should be thanking and congratulating them.

kcgunfan

You have to remember that Missouri tends to favor an omnibus approach to legislation in general, but especially with firearms.

HB436 is probably the equivalent of several bills in other states.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

tattedupboy

The fact that Arkansas went from CC only to CC and OC (with no permit required for either) in such a short period of time is freakin amazing!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HighValueWarrior

The reps/senators in JC have taken notice. Or did we somehow miss HB436 completely? Now, Nixon is another story, but we all knew that from the get-go. Our legislature passed hundreds of solid, good bills this session. Not all of them were 2A related, but that shouldn't mean we throw them under the bus. We should be thanking and congratulating them.

No one is disparaging 436 ..... a job mightily well done.
However the Arkies just put everyone nationally to shame.

Not only did they decriminalize possession of knives, guns ect ..... but they changed the interpretation of their laws so that only criminals with 'intent' can be convicted.
That is by far the most radical state transformation to happen in how long ? a century ???

The only thing better would be Constitutional Carry and it wouldn't be by much.

The Arkies have made a lot of 2A people quite envious and a lot of States will need to pick up their game.
No crime in ''gently reminding them'

Competition is good :cool:

NeoShade

The wording in this article and bill are pretty shady. The did not remove the parts for saying a permit is needed, and permit holders are banned from such and such places, etc.

To me, it allows OC/CC, but the CCW laws are still in effect? Someone dropped the ball here.