• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obsessive Compulsion to comment

Edward Peruta

To: David Godbout aka davidmcbeth

Your 5,000 plus posts on this web forum since joining in January of 2012 makes me wonder why you seem obsessed with posting a comment on almost every issue and post by others regardless of the topic.

I know from personal experience that this forum offers individuals like me, the oppurtunity to ask timely questions and find timely answersand hopefully provide timely accurate informationon many OPEN CARRY and FIREARM related issues.

This posting is directed to everyone who visits the Connecticut section of the OPENCARRY forum so that they may attempt to understand that not all of those that post are doing so in a rational manner.

Your posts, comments and advice have caused me to reconsider further involvement on this website because your comments and advice are often extreme, recklessand problematic to anyone who follows your advice or reasoning.

Unlike the majority of individuals who visit this message board, I have met you in person, talked to you face to face on more than one occasion and witnessed first hand the way you unsuccessfully presented your denial case to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.

If you truely believe in what you suggest and preach, please apply for and ATTEMPT to obtain a State Eligiblity Certificate, Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers and practice your beliefs so you may offer real world advice.

After you read this post, consider answering the following questions so others may evaluate why you post on this message board.

Mr. Godbout if possible, please provide us with some very basic background information,

Do you currently possess a firearm?
Do you currently own a Pistol or Revolver?
Do you currently possess a State Eligiblity Certificate or Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers?
Do you currently have an application pending for a State Eligiblity Certificate or Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers?
In the past 10 years, have you ever carried a Pistol or Revolver OPENLY or CONCEALED in Connecticut?
Were you every denied while attempting to obtain a State Eligiblity Certificate or Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers?
If you were denied, did you appeal the denial?
If you appealed to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners, did you attend a scheduled hearing before the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners?
If you appealed, was your appeal successful?
If your appeal was NOT successful, ( I know that it was NOT), did you appeal the Board of Firearm Permit Examiner's decsion to the Superior Court?
Are you married or in any type of relationship with another person?
Have you at any time been evlauated for compulsive thoughts or behavior?

It is my personal belief that you do more damage to Second Amendment Rights and put others at risk by the comments and suggestions you post on this message board.

Respectfully requested,

Edward Peruta

davidmcbeth

1.gif

Join DateJan 2012Locationearth's crustPosts5,519

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
You will never know that arms that I own; either will the state....I have already filed my declaration with them telling them its none of their business and that they have no right to even inquire or demand to know any arm I own as it would be a 2nd amendment violation to make such a demand.

In respect to guns (or no guns) I may own or may not here's a hint: I lie about this all the time .... why would one tell the world what arms that they have??? I have Godzilla sleeping under my lawn, ready to be awakened at my command.

Unfortunately, illness prevented me from filing an appeal; but don't despair .. I will re-file :)

Why not provide your expertise in respect to the threads I started regarding what information / stuff is mandatory per DESPP (form) and BFPE questionnaire? I'm sure folks would like to see your opinion. You are an officer in some organization purporting to support carry and getting permits ... why not share your wealth of information.

I have a letter for Thomas Hatfield saying that I am always right !

And as I have stated before .. I need no papers to carry a firearm ... I carry when I want to. 2nd amendment: keep & BEAR ...

I know that you and I support many of the same objectives in respect to firearms ... be nice ...

And I really doubt anything I do would cause the 2nd amendment to be "damaged". If you have any facts of actual damage to the amendment to support this idea please let me know ... I don't care about annoying public officials...they annoy us enough

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
To: David Godbout aka davidmcbeth...
I've noticed the high frequency with which the poster you mentioned posts.

IMHO he has real issues, doesn't have a real life, and lives life through online postings.

It's a real shame for all involved.

Godspeed to you, EP.

davidmcbeth

Banned

IMHO he has real issues, doesn't have a real life, and lives life through online postings.

Godspeed to you, EP.

A new member to the haters club? Be nice.

Maverick9

Godspeed to you, EP.

Says poster with FIFTEEN HUNDRED and FIFTY posts, lol. Agree play nice, add some content or keep it to yourself, eh?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Maybe you have a comprehension problem, Maverick.

I have 1,500+ posts over a nearly 7 year period versus 5,000+ over a five MONTH period.

Anyone with an IQ larger than my shoe size can figure out whose posts are actually contributory.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Maybe you have a comprehension problem, Maverick.

I have 1,500+ posts over a nearly 7 year period versus 5,000+ over a five MONTH period.

Anyone with an IQ larger than my shoe size can figure out whose posts are actually contributory.

Yeah, but 4500 of my posts are responding to personal attacks ... which I'll respond to almost every time. lol

Most of my posts are in the social section....so relax folks ... and it has not been a five month time period just to clarify ...its been since jan 2012 ... a little while longer than 5 months ...

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, but 4500 of my posts are responding to personal attacks...

BS

... and it has not been a five month time period just to clarify ...its been since jan 2012 ... a little while longer than 5 months ...
You got me there - so, my 1,500 posts in nearly 7 years compared to your 5,500+ in a year and a half.

I don't know what your issues are, but they're clearly big. Get a life, man.

davidmcbeth

Banned
BS

You got me there - so, my 1,500 posts in nearly 7 years compared to your 5,500+ in a year and a half.

I don't know what your issues are, but they're clearly big. Get a life, man.

You need to get a life and stop trolling me .... now YOU are a troll. I got issues with TROLLS like YOU

cteaglesfan

You will never know that arms that I own; either will the state....I have already filed my declaration with them telling them its none of their business and that they have no right to even inquire or demand to know any arm I own as it would be a 2nd amendment violation to make such a demand.

In respect to guns (or no guns) I may own or may not here's a hint: I lie about this all the time .... why would one tell the world what arms that they have??? I have Godzilla sleeping under my lawn, ready to be awakened at my command.

Unfortunately, illness prevented me from filing an appeal; but don't despair .. I will re-file :)

Why not provide your expertise in respect to the threads I started regarding what information / stuff is mandatory per DESPP (form) and BFPE questionnaire? I'm sure folks would like to see your opinion. You are an officer in some organization purporting to support carry and getting permits ... why not share your wealth of information.

I have a letter for Thomas Hatfield saying that I am always right !

And as I have stated before .. I need no papers to carry a firearm ... I carry when I want to. 2nd amendment: keep & BEAR ...

I know that you and I support many of the same objectives in respect to firearms ... be nice ...

And I really doubt anything I do would cause the 2nd amendment to be "damaged". If you have any facts of actual damage to the amendment to support this idea please let me know ... I don't care about annoying public officials...they annoy us enough

Dave,

This isn't a personal attack, so take it easy on me. I was always under the impression that owning was a right and carrying was a privilege. I understand that to 'bear' of course means to carry or possess, for the most part. I just want to know your stance on carrying with 'no papers' when the laws of this state (we all know how fair and just they are) says you need papers to do so.

Something tells me I'm going to regret sending this

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Dave,

This isn't a personal attack, so take it easy on me. I was always under the impression that owning was a right and carrying was a privilege. I understand that to 'bear' of course means to carry or possess, for the most part. I just want to know your stance on carrying with 'no papers' when the laws of this state (we all know how fair and just they are) says you need papers to do so.

Something tells me I'm going to regret sending this

I am a Libertarian who basically supported the viewpoints of the last presidential candidate, Mr. Johnson.

You may wish to examine the recent court case Moore v. Madison in Illinois and listen to the oral arguments before the appellate court...the judge noted (paraphrasing of course) that the word "bear" means more than just walk around your house with your gun .. and he ruled as such. The oral transcript is a must hear...and it may change your mind in respect to a privilege v. right for carry.

I do not think that folks in the USA need to prove that they are not "not eligible" to carry ... and the permitting process is just that. I do not recommend others carry w/o a permit. We should not have to have papers. I carry a firearm when I want to.

I never consider a non-personal attack as an attack ... different opinions and hashing them out is what this forum is for partially.

I have changed my viewpoint in respect to felons owning/carrying guns because of this forum....now I think that if these people are so scary that they cannot own a gun then they are too scary to even be out of prison.

cteaglesfan

I am a Libertarian who basically supported the viewpoints of the last presidential candidate, Mr. Johnson.

You may wish to examine the recent court case Moore v. Madison in Illinois and listen to the oral arguments before the appellate court...the judge noted (paraphrasing of course) that the word "bear" means more than just walk around your house with your gun .. and he ruled as such. The oral transcript is a must hear...and it may change your mind in respect to a privilege v. right for carry.

I do not think that folks in the USA need to prove that they are not "not eligible" to carry ... and the permitting process is just that. I do not recommend others carry w/o a permit. We should not have to have papers. I carry a firearm when I want to.

I never consider a non-personal attack as an attack ... different opinions and hashing them out is what this forum is for partially.

I have changed my viewpoint in respect to felons owning/carrying guns because of this forum....now I think that if these people are so scary that they cannot own a gun then they are too scary to even be out of prison.

I will surely look up that case.

I give you credit for having passion Dave!!!!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
David's posts can be a little over the top, both in content and in frequency. However, as a sane individual I am concerned with nothing but actual aggression.

Does anybody have any reason to suspect that David is an aggressive individual? Unless you do, I'd say you need to learn to live with it, and be thankful folks don't find you "odd".

BTW, if the second amendment is a stake because of a few posts David makes here on OCD-O (har har!), you'd better hope nobody ever actually, you know, murders anybody with a gun ever again. Also, I'm amazed the second could weather Sandy Hook but be in such peril from David here.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Ummm. A long time ago, the forum owners established a preference for avoiding making threads about an individual forum member. Meaning, they'd rather we start a thread just to criticize a forum member. The reason given back then was that such threads come off as personal attacks and just degenerate into arguments.

My suggestion to the OP would be to ask a moderator to delete the thread. Or, if he just must alert new CT readers to the objected persona, then edit the entire OP as a factual, diplomatically worded alert. Just delete all the stuff in the OP that can be construed as a personal attack.

forhumans

Unlike the majority of individuals who visit this message board, I have .. witnessed first hand the way you unsuccessfully presented your denial case to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.

I imagine it went something like this

Last edited: