Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Warner Cable Ashland KY

Time Warner Cable Ashland KY

So I went to Time Warner earlier to pay my bill and there was a sign on the door citing a Ohio law. I'm on my iPhone so I can't post pictures but I will write out what the sticker said.

Time Warner cable is a weapons free workplace. As such, pursuant to Ohio revised code sec.2923 1212 (A):unless otherwise authorized by law, "no person shall knowingly possess, have under the persons control, convey or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordinance Onto these premises."

Since it said unless otherwise authorized by law I went ahead and carried in there anyways. But even then they are citing a Ohio law. I was going to bring it up to them but decided not to. Doesn't KY have a law saying the a company can't cite a law from another state? I'm assuming they're doing this because their headquarters is located in Ohio. I don't know this for sure but like I said I'm only assuming.

Maybe someone in here can shed some light on this for me. Thanks guys.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markal1990 View Post
    So I went to Time Warner earlier to pay my bill and there was a sign on the door citing a Ohio law. I'm on my iPhone so I can't post pictures but I will write out what the sticker said.

Time Warner cable is a weapons free workplace. As such, pursuant to Ohio revised code sec.2923 1212 (A):unless otherwise authorized by law, "no person shall knowingly possess, have under the persons control, convey or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordinance Onto these premises."

Since it said unless otherwise authorized by law I went ahead and carried in there anyways. But even then they are citing a Ohio law. I was going to bring it up to them but decided not to. Doesn't KY have a law saying the a company can't cite a law from another state? I'm assuming they're doing this because their headquarters is located in Ohio. I don't know this for sure but like I said I'm only assuming.

Maybe someone in here can shed some light on this for me. Thanks guys.
    Time Warner is a big anti company. I don't know about a KY. law that forbids a company from citing other state laws, but if your feet is on KY. soil then who gives a chit what another state law says? And you're probably right about why they have an OH. law posted. OH. law doesn't mean squat here in the Bluegrass.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

KRS § 237.110 (17) authorizes private businesses to prohibit concealed carry on their premises (not open carry). I imagine KY trespass law would apply and that your comment made the notice effective.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Not exactly. If Time Warner says you can't carry inside, open or concealed, you can't carry inside. It's private property. It's just not a crime for you to do so. Unless you refuse to leave, then you could get trespassing. That's my understanding.

KY trespass is at KRS 511 and, as I read it, requires face-to-face notice.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/511-00/090.PDF

511.090 General provisions.
    (1)A person "enters or remains unlawfully" in or upon premises when he is not
    privileged or licensed to do so.
    (2)A person who, regardless of his intent, enters or remains in or upon premises which
    are at the time open to the public does so with license or privilege unless he defies a
    lawful order not to enter or remain personally communicated to him by the owner of
    such premises or other authorized person.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-22-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Ok so am I correct with the unless otherwise authorized by law thing? Since KY is an open carry state? because I took it that since KY is an open carry sate that I am authorized by law to carry in there.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markal1990 View Post
    Ok so am I correct with the unless otherwise authorized by law thing? Since KY is an open carry state? because I took it that since KY is an open carry sate that I am authorized by law to carry in there.
    Technically you are probably correct, but I doubt that the business views "authorized by law" to have the same meaning as you. I would bet "authorized by law" leans more toward LEO and the like.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

You're authorized by God to carry here.

Quote Originally Posted by langzaiguy View Post
    He's also got the backing of the Nine Guardians, and my personal Druidic blessing.

Now that we got the fairy tale stuff out of the way.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Danbarry Cinemas in Florence used to have a sign just like that. I laughed when I saw the Ohio revised statute.

Activist Member
    Who cares about what the actual wording is on the sign because it is completely irrelevant. Just think of the sign as a "NO CARRY" sign, because that is what it is.

Here in Kentucky you can ignore said sign and walk into the establishment while carrying, but if you are ASKED to leave you MUST leave. If you don't leave once ASKED then you COULD be cited/arrested for Criminal Trespass.

If you want to carry then carry, but don't be surprised if you are not asked to leave one day because of your firearm. Once that happens, don't ever walk back into that location with your firearm on, because again, you could be arrested for Criminal Trespass since you had already been informed verbally that you were not welcome if you were armed.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    He's also got the backing of the Nine Guardians, and my personal Druidic blessing.

So, religious bashing ok, but gay bashing not ok?
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    So, religious bashing ok, but gay bashing not ok?
    What part of my post is anywhere near 'religious bashing'? and who mentioned anything about it being okay? and who brought up sexuality?

Langzai mentioned a natural general monotheistic persona of which granted authorization to do a particular activity; I mentioned a polytheistic set of personas which also authorized it, because I didn't want to leave anyone out, and to add to the authorized authorizations.

And I mentioned the fairy tales with no actual form of spirituality being mentioned, and broad-based, including what I said.

So, Tacitus42; You must be new here to the forums, we don't start sh*t in each others state-specific forums. You wanna debate wordplay and stuff, take it to the Social lounge.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

What part of my post is anywhere near 'religious bashing'? and who mentioned anything about it being okay? and who brought up sexuality?

Langzai mentioned a natural general monotheistic persona of which granted authorization to do a particular activity; I mentioned a polytheistic set of personas which also authorized it, because I didn't want to leave anyone out, and to add to the authorized authorizations.

And I mentioned the fairy tales with no actual form of spirituality being mentioned, and broad-based, including what I said.

So, Tacitus42; You must be new here to the forums, we don't start sh*t in each others state-specific forums. You wanna debate wordplay and stuff, take it to the Social lounge.
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack
    Last edited by John Pierce; 06-06-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Only a liberal would twist themselves around a convoluted line of like the above.

"Everybody" knows, or should know, exactly what you meant and that you meant it exactly as you stated it, as a affront to Christians specifically, here on OCDO.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Only a liberal would twist themselves around a convoluted line of like the above.

"Everybody" knows, or should know, exactly what you meant and that you meant it exactly as you stated it, as a affront to Christians specifically, here on OCDO.
    What would be a polite, non-personal way of saying "Go screw yourself" that wouldn't get me in trouble for fighting back against two people who are antagonizing me?
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 05-29-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Talk about a FAIRY tale. Don't bash religion and I wont pick on your birth defect. BTW who gives a rats ass if you are gay.
    My birth defect? which defect do you wish to pick on? I was born with only half of a right kidney, and a damaged left kidney. I am genetically pre-disposed to have large painful kidney stones. I was born half deaf in my right ear. I was born sterile. I have a heart murmur. and suffer from OCD in a small form since birth.

Take your pick.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

My birth defect? which defect do you wish to pick on? I was born with only half of a right kidney, and a damaged left kidney. I am genetically pre-disposed to have large painful kidney stones. I was born half deaf in my right ear. I was born sterile. I have a heart murmur. and suffer from OCD in a small form since birth. Take your pick.
    H - none of the above incomplete list.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Re: Time Warner Cable Ashland KY

As the party that Drake's comment was directed towards, I am annoyed but not offended. Lay off the dude.

The original point was that our rights are not bestowed upon us by the government but by God. If you don't believe in God than so be it, I won't be offended by one's unbelief. I will, however, be offended if you attribute our rights to our government.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

The original point was that our rights are not bestowed upon us by the government but by God.
    The original point was of KY trespass law requiring face to face notice, and had nothing to do with birth defects.

Talk about a FAIRY tale. Don't bash religion and I wont pick on your birth defect. BTW who gives a rats ass if you are gay.
    As a former street minister, I saw NO religion bashed in the least! I did see someone come into the thread, and we welcome everyone to the Kentucky thread, but we do NOT need agent provocateur's and people trying to stir up trouble in the Kentucky forum.

If you have something related to the topic, please feel free to post away but drop the instigator mentality. As sheepdog's, we have enough foolishness from the sheep!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    As a former street minister, I saw NO religion bashed in the least! I did see someone come into the thread, and we welcome everyone to the Kentucky thread, but we do NOT need agent provocateur's and people trying to stir up trouble in the Kentucky forum.

If you have something related to the topic, please feel free to post away but drop the instigator mentality. As sheepdog's, we have enough foolishness from the sheep!
    You must have missed it. It was said that God is a fairy tale. So any religion that believes in God is a religion based on a fairy tail. Not sure how that can be twisted into anything other then a jab at anyone that believes in God. As a former minister I'm surprised you feel otherwise. Maybe that is why "former" is the descriptor. Someone took a jab, then they got jabbed back. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Back to the topic. What if you are asked to leave but not given a reason? Would you feel welcome to return. I would probably try to make it clear that I was welcome back so long as I was not armed. Typically they will take your information if you are totally banned so I guess you could assume. I just don't like the word "assume" if it means my rear may be on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    You must have missed it. It was said that God is a fairy tale. So any religion that believes in God is a religion based on a fairy tail. Not sure how that can be twisted into anything other then a jab at anyone that believes in God. As a former minister I'm surprised you feel otherwise. Maybe that is why "former" is the descriptor. Someone took a jab, then they got jabbed back. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Back to the topic. What if you are asked to leave but not given a reason? Would you feel welcome to return. I would probably try to make it clear that I was welcome back so long as I was not armed. Typically they will take your information if you are totally banned so I guess you could assume. I just don't like the word "assume" if it means my rear may be on the line.
    Who wrote that "GOD was a fairy tale"? If it was written I apparently overlooked it.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Is this the post you're referring to Willy?

Is this the post that you're referring to, Willy? If so, I did not take this as a reference to GOD being a fairy tale but that the 9 guardians and druid blessing were a fairy tale.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Originally Posted by DrakeZ07

By quoting "You're authorized by God to carry here" and then adding "ALSO got the backing of....". I'm not sure how that could be construed to mean that God was not being added or ALSO part of the list in that response.

MAYBE very poorly constructed response but even if I had posted that (ie I KNEW what I meant 100%) I would be able to look back at it and see how it could be misread to include God as "fairy tale stuff". You can choose to believe or know that was 100% not the intent because you personally know this person or for any other reason you have. However, I would like to think you are actually capable of seeing that someone else to read it differently. If you just can't, well, at least a few of us have.
    Last edited by willy1094; 06-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast