• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time Warner Cable Ashland KY

willy1094

Quote Originally Posted by langzaiguy View Post
You're authorized by God to carry here.

Originally Posted by DrakeZ07
He's also got the backing of the Nine Guardians, and my personal Druidic blessing.

Now that we got the fairy tale stuff out of the way.

By quoting "You're authorized by God to carry here" and then adding "ALSO got the backing of....". I'm not sure how that could be construed to mean that God was not being added or ALSO part of the list in that response.

MAYBE very poorly constructed response but even if I had posted that (ie I KNEW what I meant 100%) I would be able to look back at it and see how it could be misread to include God as "fairy tale stuff". You can choose to believe or know that was 100% not the intent because you personally know this person or for any other reason you have. However, I would like to think you are actually capable of seeing that someone else to read it differently. If you just can't, well, at least a few of us have.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

By quoting "You're authorized by God to carry here" and then adding "ALSO got the backing of....". I'm not sure how that could be construed to mean that God was not being added or ALSO part of the list in that response.

MAYBE very poorly constructed response but even if I had posted that (ie I KNEW what I meant 100%) I would be able to look back at it and see how it could be misread to include God as "fairy tale stuff". You can choose to believe or know that was 100% not the intent because you personally know this person or for any other reason you have. However, I would like to think you are actually capable of seeing that someone else to read it differently. If you just can't, well, at least a few of us have.

You are reading WAY too far into my post dude, or you just have a lot of free time on your hands and wanted to have an argument about something that doesn't concern you because your life is so miserable and boring that you have to pick on other people, and feed on drama. Go take part in the Social Lounge if you want lots of sultry drama, but don't come to this forum and try to start stuff.

Can I throw money at Mister Pierce to hire Gutshot to be our state's moderator or something? It seems like the majority of new people to our humble abode have been trolls, d-bags, or Agent Provocateurs.

For the record, I am a Druidic Pagen. The 'fairy tale' thing was a broad brush jab of humor, and in case you tight arses didn't actually look at my posts on the matter, it was dripping with sarcasm, i.e. "Authorizing Authorizations".

This is why I Isolate myself from this group excepting once a week to check on my friends and PM's. Such a buzz kill.

Last edited:

neuroblades

To Try To Wrap This Up.

OK, I've met Drake in person and thought he's not a Christian, he knows that I am and as such, I'm quite sure that he did not intend for it to sound like he was slamming and making light of GOD! He was simply trying to get the point across that after having re-read this "issue" has now eluded me. So with that said, let's just let it all go and let this thread get back to the topic if anyone has anything to post about Time Warner Cable.

Thank you one and all, G'night!

willy1094

You are reading WAY too far into my post dude, or you just have a lot of free time on your hands and wanted to have an argument about something that doesn't concern you because your life is so miserable and boring that you have to pick on other people, and feed on drama. Go take part in the Social Lounge if you want lots of sultry drama, but don't come to this forum and try to start stuff.

Can I throw money at Mister Pierce to hire Gutshot to be our state's moderator or something? It seems like the majority of new people to our humble abode have been trolls, d-bags, or Agent Provocateurs.

For the record, I am a Druidic Pagen. The 'fairy tale' thing was a broad brush jab of humor, and in case you tight arses didn't actually look at my posts on the matter, it was dripping with sarcasm, i.e. "Authorizing Authorizations".

This is why I Isolate myself from this group excepting once a week to check on my friends and PM's. Such a buzz kill.

Sir,
My posts were a civil (unlike this response) discussion about how what you write/wrote on the web will be interpreted differently by different readers. Others have taken offense at a jab of humor (thanks for owning up to it finally) directed toward their religion. I would assume that you would take a jab of humor towards homosexuality negatively, could be wrong though. I am forced to question if the majority of new people here are the problem or it it may not be YOU. Just because the "old" crew know who you are and have adapted to how you are does not mean is should be expected of everyone that does not know you. I don't troll, I haven't called anyone a d-bag since high school and I don't see how I attempted in any way to discredit you or set you up. Your posts on thread have done a great job of showing me who you are.

I not sure how you think you can decide that this conversation has nothing to do with me. As far as free time on my hand, I doubt I have as much or more than you. My life is a joy and I enjoy every day that I am alive. The name calling and negative assumptions tend to lead me to believe you are deflecting what may be true for you onto me. :question: I came to this site because I own and carry a firearm and live in the great state of Kentucky. I didn't come here to gossip, make jokes about peoples' beliefs/sexuality (I may poke at a political issue), or seek to down anyone. I will speak up if I see something I do not agree with. That shouldn't give you are anyone else reason to talk to me like I'm a piece of crap you stepped in. I'm ok though. This is the internet and I do not get bent out of shape over angry people.

I will move along if others members think I should. Just let it be known. If this forum is not for "new people" I will understand.

neuroblades

Olive Branch

No, Willy, no one has to go anywhere. As I said previously, we here in the Kentucky welcome each and every person! So, with that being said, let's let this issue go and get back the Open Carry and Gun issues. :)

NativeAmerican

You must have missed it. It was said that God is a fairy tale. So any religion that believes in God is a religion based on a fairy tail. Not sure how that can be twisted into anything other then a jab at anyone that believes in God. As a former minister I'm surprised you feel otherwise. Maybe that is why "former" is the descriptor. Someone took a jab, then they got jabbed back. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Back to the topic. What if you are asked to leave but not given a reason? Would you feel welcome to return. I would probably try to make it clear that I was welcome back so long as I was not armed. Typically they will take your information if you are totally banned so I guess you could assume. I just don't like the word "assume" if it means my rear may be on the line. :confused:

I believe that the reference to 'fairy tales' was used in the context of, if it's not a concrete written 'law' then it amounts to a bunch of fairy dust. It's all well and good to say that our rights are given by God, however it is another thing to have anyone in Law Enforcement, the courts, or otherwise to accept that without issue. So they therefor don't amount to much more than a fairy tale to real life. I don't believe he meant harm in the saying, only to attempt to get everyone back to discussing the legalities and realities of the situation at hand.