Thread: Yorktown Beach question....

Yorktown Beach question....

Hey guys and gals, I'm going down to Yorktown Beach area soon to do some walking and I want to make sure properly carrying.

From what I've read the beach and shopes area are NOT federal land and it is ok to carry. Is that correct?

Also, What about in the battle fields and the Colonial Parkway?

Thanks in advance!!

rescueguy456

Quote Originally Posted by rescueguy456 View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I'm going down to Yorktown Beach area soon to do some walking and I want to make sure properly carrying.

From what I've read the beach and shopes area are NOT federal land and it is ok to carry. Is that correct?

Also, What about in the battle fields and the Colonial Parkway?

Thanks in advance!!

rescueguy456

The battle fields and Parkway most certainly are Federal, which means no OC. The shops and most of the beach are OK, but if memory serves, there is a section of land and beach that are Federal. This is at the far east end of the beach, and is marked by signage.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The battle fields and Parkway most certainly are Federal, which means no OC. The shops and most of the beach are OK, but if memory serves, there is a section of land and beach that are Federal. This is at the far east end of the beach, and is marked by signage.
    Just doing a quick search, it looks like the Battlefields are part of the National Park system...which would make either OC or CC alright. Open carry is fine in National Parks.
    http://www.nps.gov/yonb/index.htm

There is other Federal land that's military, but that's marked and off limits anyway.

The majority of the beach and shops are York County which is Sheriff Diggs world. There is no more pro gun, pro Constitution, law enforcement official than he is.
    Last edited by peter nap; 05-23-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Just doing a quick search, it looks like the Battlefields are part of the National Park system...which would make either OC or CC alright. Open carry is fine in National Parks.
    http://www.nps.gov/yonb/index.htm

There is other Federal land that's military, but that's marked and off limits anyway.

The majority of the beach and shops are York County which is Sheriff Diggs world. There is no more pro gun, pro Constitution, law enforcement official than he is.
    Yep, all of the above is spot on. DoubleTap & I have frequented this area about as much as you have Williamsburg and have never had a problem anywhere - not on the battlefield, not on the beach, not in the shops.

Miss the family restaurants of the bygone era though.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

thanks for the info!