• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yorktown Beach question....

rescueguy456

Hey guys and gals, I'm going down to Yorktown Beach area soon to do some walking and I want to make sure properly carrying.

From what I've read the beach and shopes area are NOT federal land and it is ok to carry. Is that correct?

Also, What about in the battle fields and the Colonial Parkway?

Thanks in advance!!

rescueguy456

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
Hey guys and gals, I'm going down to Yorktown Beach area soon to do some walking and I want to make sure properly carrying.

From what I've read the beach and shopes area are NOT federal land and it is ok to carry. Is that correct?

Also, What about in the battle fields and the Colonial Parkway?

Thanks in advance!!

rescueguy456

The battle fields and Parkway most certainly are Federal, which means no OC. The shops and most of the beach are OK, but if memory serves, there is a section of land and beach that are Federal. This is at the far east end of the beach, and is marked by signage.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The battle fields and Parkway most certainly are Federal, which means no OC. The shops and most of the beach are OK, but if memory serves, there is a section of land and beach that are Federal. This is at the far east end of the beach, and is marked by signage.

Just doing a quick search, it looks like the Battlefields are part of the National Park system...which would make either OC or CC alright. Open carry is fine in National Parks.
http://www.nps.gov/yonb/index.htm

There is other Federal land that's military, but that's marked and off limits anyway.

The majority of the beach and shops are York County which is Sheriff Diggs world. There is no more pro gun, pro Constitution, law enforcement official than he is.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just doing a quick search, it looks like the Battlefields are part of the National Park system...which would make either OC or CC alright. Open carry is fine in National Parks.
http://www.nps.gov/yonb/index.htm

There is other Federal land that's military, but that's marked and off limits anyway.

The majority of the beach and shops are York County which is Sheriff Diggs world. There is no more pro gun, pro Constitution, law enforcement official than he is.

Yep, all of the above is spot on. DoubleTap & I have frequented this area about as much as you have Williamsburg and have never had a problem anywhere - not on the battlefield, not on the beach, not in the shops.

Miss the family restaurants of the bygone era though.