Thread: open carry friendly

open carry friendly

summer is just around the corner and concealed carry gets harder as the clothes get lighter. does anyone know if there is a local list of open carry friendly businesses? if not i will try to create one please submit any places that you have verified are supportive. post if you have carried without incident or if you have actually confirmed with a member of management their company stance.
    Last edited by Marcus92183; 05-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.

You can try friendorfoe.us
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians." - George Mason

Hannaford is open carry friendly. One of the managers at the Saco location though differently and asked me to leave. After calling corporate they confirmed that it is corporate policy that stores are to follow state laws.

Never been asked to leave a store in Portland/South Portland for open carrying, and I've pretty much been to them all!
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by tazxrulz View Post
    Hannaford is open carry friendly. One of the managers at the Saco location though differently and asked me to leave. After calling corporate they confirmed that it is corporate policy that stores are to follow state laws.
    alot of stores use that policy i wonder if they allow the manager to add to restrictions though? would be interested to know how the store manager would respond to being confronted with the corporate policy. and if you mentioned the store in a complaint to corporate i am sure he got a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus92183 View Post
    alot of stores use that policy i wonder if they allow the manager to add to restrictions though? would be interested to know how the store manager would respond to being confronted with the corporate policy. and if you mentioned the store in a complaint to corporate i am sure he got a call.
    Corporate told me the manager was definitely wrong. They told me I am more than welcome to open carry while shopping at Hannaford. So from what I gather the store manager does not have the authority to make store rules that go against corporate policy. Too bad wal-mart is not the same. Those morons let each manager make their own rules as far as open carry goes.

Re: open carry friendly

Corporate told me the manager was definitely wrong. They told me I am more than welcome to open carry while shopping at Hannaford. So from what I gather the store manager does not have the authority to make store rules that go against corporate policy. Too bad wal-mart is not the same. Those morons let each manager make their own rules as far as open carry goes.
    No. WalMart doesn't allow managers to make their own rules.

Sent from the back of a black van

Quote Originally Posted by SPOProds View Post
    No. WalMart doesn't allow managers to make their own rules.

I called wal-mart corporate office and they told me otherwise. I have the call recorded, I'll post it if I can find it.

open carry friendly

They have that option but I was told that the Biddeford store will not be asking people to leave for open carry.

I called wal-mart corporate office and they told me otherwise. I have the call recorded, I'll post it if I can find it.
    They'll tell you that to cover for the manager. But ever notice how the store will suddenly allow OC one corporate is contacted? Because WalMart tells them to allow what ever is legal "or else.

open carry friendly

I agree but I think in this case the assistant manager misinterpreted the store managers policy either that or he changes his mind depending on who is looking

I've never had a problem in any Walmart. Scarborough, biddo, Windham all issue free. I've been kicked out of Petco in south Portland for OC before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2