Thread: Why I'm leaving WA

Why I'm leaving WA

Because, local governments refuse to follow state firearm law, prosecutors abusing their authority and charging citizens with imaginary firearm crimes, the public being constantly on the defense over firearm possession, police officers that murder citizens without any justification, (and my personal favorite), being asked during a job interview if I belonged to the KKK because I once lived in the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    ... being asked during a job interview if I belonged to the KKK because I once lived in the South.
    Gads; troubling to hear that. You don't need to disclose the business, but mind if ask what industry that was in?
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

I'm not seeing anything in your post that is a problem specific to WA state. Frankly, we have it pretty good here as gun owners for such a liberalized state. Thanks to preemption, at any rate. You gotta remember, there are liberal idiots in every state, even Texas.

Move to where it's better, like NY, CT, or NJ.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Serious question... Where do you plan to go?
    IBTL

Quote Originally Posted by compmanio365 View Post
    I'm not seeing anything in your post that is a problem specific to WA state. Frankly, we have it pretty good here as gun owners for such a liberalized state. Thanks to preemption, at any rate. You gotta remember, there are liberal idiots in every state, even Texas.
    +1
    The Greatest Weapon is the Mind. The Second Greatest Weapon is my Hand, It controls my Guns
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    USCCA Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    01 FFL Dealer/The Gun Man
    Glock Armorer
    Tactical Instructor
    Ex Navy
    Heavy into the Second Amendment

Well, goodbye and best of luck to you.

Might I suggest Arizona or Alaska, as your next home?

Maybe Vermont?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Darren

Pass the popcorn

Did I mention 7,840 bridges in Washington are considered structurally deficient...

Let's all move to France, they are experts at running away when presented with adversities. They even have rear view mirrors on their armored vehicles so they can see the battle as they run away.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Washington State has it pretty good compared to that sinking ship called California where I came from.

Re: Why I'm leaving WA

My wife and I were looking to retire there, this os crazy to hear. LEOs murder? Asked of you belonged to the clan because you lived in the South.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Washington really isn't that bad compared to many other liberal states. No one wants to touch gun laws here - make them better or worse - since it would be polictical suicide. The weather is decent, jobs are usually available if you are in the right field. We certaintly aren't perfect - high cost of living, high taxes, hard to start and run a business here, but we really aren't the worst. If you have better personal or professional opportunities elsewhere, hopefully in a state that is "freer" than WA, then best of luck to you. But honestly, the reasons why you want to leave are incredibly nit-picky.

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    Washington State has it pretty good compared to that sinking ship called California where I came from.
    OK, you got me on that one...I'm staying.

Quote Originally Posted by cmr287 View Post
    My wife and I were looking to retire there, this os crazy to hear. LEOs murder? Asked of you belonged to the clan because you lived in the South.

As God is my witness the latter is true...the first one I just made up.(cough Ian Birk cough)

Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    As God is my witness the latter is true...the first one I just made up.(cough Ian Birk cough)
    They wouldn't have asked, but he was wearing a white pillow case at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Let's all move to France, they are experts at running away when presented with adversities. They even have rear view mirrors on their armored vehicles so they can see the battle as they run away.
    I was thinkin more like Idaho; I'm more inclined to use a center peel than "run away".

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    They wouldn't have asked, but he was wearing a white pillow case at the time.
    Your getting close to the edge there, Slick!

I'm moving from Texas to Washington in two weeks. Texas is one of the most restrictive states in the country when it comes to handguns. The Republican legislature has absolutely zero incentive to give two squirts of rat crap about liberty or rights.

I'm looking forward to carrying my PPQ in a DeSantis Thumb Break.

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    I'm moving from Texas to Washington in two weeks. Texas is one of the most restrictive states in the country when it comes to handguns. The Republican legislature has absolutely zero incentive to give two squirts of rat crap about liberty or rights.

I'm looking forward to carrying my PPQ in a DeSantis Thumb Break.
    We welcome you! I love Texas for many reasons, but not their gun laws. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... no open carry? And, a government permission slip required to exercise a right? Required training to exercise a right? Are the politicians required to get training before they run for office, or exercise their right to freedom of speech? I am convinced that the best thing recently to come out of Texas is Ted Cruz!

I'm glad you have seen the light in the the northwestern skies. Follow the light...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    We welcome you! I love Texas for many reasons, but not their gun laws. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... no open carry? And, a government permission slip required to exercise a right? Required training to exercise a right? Are the politicians required to get training before they run for office, or exercise their right to freedom of speech? I am convinced that the best thing recently to come out of Texas is Ted Cruz!

I'm glad you have seen the light in the the northwestern skies. Follow the light...
    +1 well said Sir
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

593 acres in Wyoming is calling my name......

Quote Originally Posted by cmr287 View Post

Well, to be fair, in many states it is still murder even if the other guy had a loaded gun pointed at your head when you killed him. Justifiable homicide is still homicide after all.

But yeah, there is at least one police department in the state that seems to have a history of officers violating peoples rights, up to, and including, murdering them without just cause, and getting away with it pretty much Scott free.
    Last edited by arentol; 06-01-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Interesting enough SPD is smack in the middle of liberal heaven. They love more government until it shoots them in the back.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi