• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I'm leaving WA

Amicus

Because, local governments refuse to follow state firearm law, prosecutors abusing their authority and charging citizens with imaginary firearm crimes, the public being constantly on the defense over firearm possession, police officers that murder citizens without any justification, (and my personal favorite), being asked during a job interview if I belonged to the KKK because I once lived in the South.

compmanio365

I'm not seeing anything in your post that is a problem specific to WA state. Frankly, we have it pretty good here as gun owners for such a liberalized state. Thanks to preemption, at any rate. You gotta remember, there are liberal idiots in every state, even Texas.

TheGunMan

I'm not seeing anything in your post that is a problem specific to WA state. Frankly, we have it pretty good here as gun owners for such a liberalized state. Thanks to preemption, at any rate. You gotta remember, there are liberal idiots in every state, even Texas.

+1

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Let's all move to France, they are experts at running away when presented with adversities. They even have rear view mirrors on their armored vehicles so they can see the battle as they run away.

cmr287

My wife and I were looking to retire there, this os crazy to hear. LEOs murder? Asked of you belonged to the clan because you lived in the South.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

acmariner99

Washington really isn't that bad compared to many other liberal states. No one wants to touch gun laws here - make them better or worse - since it would be polictical suicide. The weather is decent, jobs are usually available if you are in the right field. We certaintly aren't perfect - high cost of living, high taxes, hard to start and run a business here, but we really aren't the worst. If you have better personal or professional opportunities elsewhere, hopefully in a state that is "freer" than WA, then best of luck to you. But honestly, the reasons why you want to leave are incredibly nit-picky.

Amicus

My wife and I were looking to retire there, this os crazy to hear. LEOs murder? Asked of you belonged to the clan because you lived in the South.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

As God is my witness the latter is true...the first one I just made up.(cough Ian Birk cough)

Amicus

Let's all move to France, they are experts at running away when presented with adversities. They even have rear view mirrors on their armored vehicles so they can see the battle as they run away.

I was thinkin more like Idaho; I'm more inclined to use a center peel than "run away".

()pen(arry

I'm moving from Texas to Washington in two weeks. Texas is one of the most restrictive states in the country when it comes to handguns. The Republican legislature has absolutely zero incentive to give two squirts of rat crap about liberty or rights.

I'm looking forward to carrying my PPQ in a DeSantis Thumb Break.

Ajetpilot

I'm moving from Texas to Washington in two weeks. Texas is one of the most restrictive states in the country when it comes to handguns. The Republican legislature has absolutely zero incentive to give two squirts of rat crap about liberty or rights.

I'm looking forward to carrying my PPQ in a DeSantis Thumb Break.

We welcome you! I love Texas for many reasons, but not their gun laws. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... no open carry? And, a government permission slip required to exercise a right? Required training to exercise a right? Are the politicians required to get training before they run for office, or exercise their right to freedom of speech? I am convinced that the best thing recently to come out of Texas is Ted Cruz!

I'm glad you have seen the light in the the northwestern skies. Follow the light...