• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Embracing Freedom 2013 ' Tri-Cities July 4th Freedom Event

AlexMayhem

On our National Day of Independance from Tyranny, ought'n we excercise those same rights, secured by the blood of the Patriots, which today still face scrutiny and oppression?
'Embracing Freedom 2013', a rights/freedom event is being organized for July 4th at John Dam Plaza in Richland. Focus of the event would be to educate the public of our Freedoms and Rights, for us to be in solidarity of excercising our rights, and to broaden focus from OC/2A to our other Rights which we also ought to be able to excercise without molestation.

The plan is to advertise the event via fliers at local gun stores, military surplus stores, with local liberty groups and such, as well as through word of mouth.

This event is in the early stages of planning (organization began this week, demonstration permit is in hand and will be submitted soon), so there will be more information to follow.

OC will, of course, be invited.

X-
The Cossack

AlexMayhem

Update

Update -

This event will no longer be 'permitted', that is the decision was made that we ought'nt need to pay a few hundred dollars to reserve the right to rent a public park. The event will procede as an informal meeting at the John Dam Plaza Park in Richland, WA from 12-2PM. Time was chosen so that there would be minimal conflicts with evening festivities, as well as to be when there would be a lot of traffic through the area. It will be OC encouraged, bring flags if you got `em.

Primary objective is for us to get together as like minded Americans and network. Some members of the 5/21st Lightfoot Militia*, the local Tea Party**, Committe of Safety*** and Oath Keepers**** will be in attendance. Those members will be able to answer questions regarding their groups, as well as to encourage membership.
It's all and well that we are here on opencarry.org - we understand and excercise our right to OC and we talk about it - but what we can accomplish on our own is not as great as we can accomplish together. Our country was made by individuals that came together and were united by a common cause. We should do the same.

The secondary objective is to be visible to the public as peacable, knowledgeable and normal Americans who stand for our Country, Constitution and wish to see our USA return to the Constitution that is trampled under foot.

The third objective is excerise as a group those individual rights which the Supreme Law of the Land affirms to be ours. Peacefully, we will be seen, we will be heard, we will share with our fellow Americans those precious Rights which are not merely eroding but are being taken under various guises for the sake of control by a government which no longer knows it's place in our lives.

That's where we are at now, I'll try to bust out some fliers in the next few days - whether you can attend or not, let me know if you would be willing to help distribute fliers to folks you think may be interested.

X-
The Cossack

* http://southeastwashingtonmilitia.webs.com/aboutus.htm
** http://www.teapartypatriots.org/groups/tri-cities-tea-party/home/
*** I'll post their link later when I track it down - this is a breakdown of the function and importance of COSs in American history http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_of_Safety_(American_Revolution)
**** http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/

AlexMayhem

Update-

EmbracingFreedom2013@live.com is the email address to forward any questions, request time to speak (we're trying to gather funds for a PA system/bullhorn), and to RSVP for the event.

I'm not a Facebook user, but I will get an account set up for the event and will submit it here. Please forward it to friends and family.

X-
The Cossack

Freedom First

It's on! Tomorrow, July 4th, Noon to 2pm at John Dam plaza in lovely Richland! We have many non-mainline groups gathering to network and speak about their ideas and groups. Great networking opportunity for Patriots.