Thread: Pistol Records Management System

Pistol Records Management System

I did a search on the title of this thread and got no hits so that means it probably HAS been covered before, I just can not find it.

Anyway, I received a community bulletin on preventing crime that included a listing of all of the Burglaries in the 4th precinct of Virginia Beach for the period of 1 April 2013 to 20 May 2013. (there were 70!). I have the pdf if anyone would like it but found an online link to a report from 2008
    http://www.levelgreencl.org/resource...%20Details.pdf

My concern is in the bottom right hand corner it lists the source as "Pistol Records Management System"

I have not been able to determine if that is the name of a commercial software product or is a form of data base that among other things contains information on Pistol owners (which I believe is illegal)? Has anyone heard of this before or know if it is a database on gun owners? (obviously it is more because it contains offenses as well)

looks to be a records management system used by law enforcement. I did a quick google search and came up with this:

http://www.officer.com/product/10040...ervices-pistol

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    looks to be a records management system used by law enforcement. I did a quick google search and came up with this:

http://www.officer.com/product/10040...ervices-pistol
    In this case pistol stands for: PISTOL - Photo Imaging Software Technology On Line, don't think that and the database are the same product.

I found an audit of Richmonds PISTOL system for 2011 and the following is the description of the system:

Subject: Police Department Ė PISTOL Records Management System
    The City Auditorís Office has completed an audit of the Police Departmentís PISTOL Records
    Management System (PISTOL). PISTOL Records Management System (RMS) is a critical
    application used to collect, store, and provide access to all of the information gathered by law
    enforcement personnel.

So anytime we provide ID during an encounter an entry will go into this system? Sounds like a good reason not to provide ID - I don't want to create a hit in the PISTOL system.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrearick View Post
    enforcement personnel.

So anytime we provide ID during an encounter an entry will go into this system? Sounds like a good reason not to provide ID - I don't want to create a hit in the PISTOL system.
    Yep!

Founder's Club Member
    I found an audit of Richmonds PISTOL system for 2011 and the following is the description of the system:

Subject: Police Department Ė PISTOL Records Management System
    The City Auditorís Office has completed an audit of the Police Departmentís PISTOL Records
    Management System (PISTOL). PISTOL Records Management System (RMS) is a critical
    application used to collect, store, and provide access to all of the information gathered by law
    enforcement personnel.

You bet. That's exactly what they do. You won't create a hit the first time; but every time after that, you will.

This has long been known.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Thanks Citizen, new to gun ownership and this forum. Trying to read some of the mountain of knowledge here and tried the search to no avail. Thanks for confirming my suspicions and putting up with a question on an old topic.

Not necessarily. Depending on the agency, it would depend on if the officer did a field interview, and recorded your information on an FI card. Simply showing your ID is not going to get you entered in.
    If you've ever been fingerprinted for anything by the PD/SO (like for a CHP) you're already in PISTOL, if the locality uses it. PISTOL records usually only contain a specific locality's info (ie one locality can't see if you were FI'ed another, etc).
    Last edited by starbuck; 06-04-2013 at 11:08 AM.

I had a break in at my house. Female cop refused to take my report until my wife (stupidly) provided her drivers license. She had asked for mine, and I was argueing with her "Why? I'm not operating a motor vehicle. Gave you my name and you are standing in my address." She actually said something along the lines of "I don't know who you are so I need your ID." At this point, my wife, to my horror, broke, and provided hers. Was OC the whole time.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 06-07-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    I had a break in at my house. Female cop refused to take my report until my wife (stupidly) provided her drivers license. She had asked for mine, and I was argueing with her "Why? I'm not operating a motor vehicle. Gave you my name and you are standing in my address." She actually said something along the lines of "I don't know who you are so I need your ID." At this point, my wife, to my horror, broke, and provided hers. Was OC the whole time.
    File a complaint with the department! I call an officer to my house to file a complaint he/she better take my word for who I am.
    Of course over here I have the Sheriff's home and cell phone number.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."