Thread: Guns are everywhere ---- cell phone guns, now guns that look like umbrellas -NJ Train

Banned

Guns are everywhere ---- cell phone guns, now guns that look like umbrellas -NJ Train

Apparently, they were able to determine that the only "weapon" the man had was the umbrella he planned to use later in the day to fight off rain from hitting him.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2241556...#ixzz2UEf17PgT

How can one mistake an umbrella for a gun ... NJ ...

I did not know they put camera in umbrellas ... (cell phones now being taken 'cause they could be CIA-like guns)

A smart phone recording a cops actions is a greater threat to the cop than someone with a gun.

A cop has a bullet proof vest, and a firearm to defend themselves against an armed criminal.

The cop is utterly and totally defenseless when the lens of a video recorder is aimed at them by a law abiding citizen, and they know it.

Welcome to the Idiocracy!

Umbrellagun...

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

I guess walking canes will be the next reason to detain and harass citizens in NJ.

I hope to be living in Delaware real soon.

CCJ

Re: Guns are everywhere ---- cell phone guns, now guns that look like umbrellas

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post

Umbrellagun...

-MH
    +1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

"Gunbrella"

is a term used when they are spotted within 14 miles of a University in N.C. Gunbrellas can cause heavily armed local cops, Deputies, S.W.A.T. teams and Highway Patrol officers to swarm these campuses whenever a gunbrella is spotted. Streets are closed, traffic diverted and automobiles stopped and searched. Gunbrellas cause dorms to be locked down then searched. All local news agencies must send reporters out among the common masses to discuss the effects and dangers of the gunbrella presence and how lucky we are to have police to keep our children safe.
    If only we could come together, as a nation, and do something about the gunbrella show loop-hole, Maybe then the easy accessibilty of these cold killers might come to a halt. There is no good reason for Americans to have access to such things, when a safer alternative is a rain coat.

Rather have a gunsword.

A gunsword is a neat idea, shoot them at distance and sword play up close.

When you run out of ammo you can still fight.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 05-26-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    I guess walking canes will be the next reason to detain and harass citizens in NJ.

I hope to be living in Delaware real soon.

CCJ
    . Bliss v. Commonwealth, 12 Ky. (2 Litt.) 90, at 92, and 93, 13 Am. Dec. 251 (1822)-

A case involving a sword in a cane.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

you know maybe this is a good idea. start calling in bogus sightings, have the "authorities" running around after false reports till they are dizzy

of course this is liberal world. they would just use it as an excuse for more money
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    A friend told me he knows a guy (which I know full well is he-said she-said, no need to point it out, just enjoy the damn story) that carries a wallet-gun in his back pocket where wallets typically go, and carries his real wallet somewhere else, so that if he gets mugged he can pull his gun without raising alarm. Of course, that wouldn't hold up in every situation, such as if they wanted to retrieve the wallet themselves.

I think that if I was supervisor of a police officer that mistook an ubrella for a firearm, I'd make them take a field sobriety test followed by an eye exam - if for no other reason, just to ridicule them
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-26-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post

Umbrellagun...

-MH
    Fricking heck ... now a new never ending debate? ... .45 cal umbrellagun v. 9mm umbrellagun

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    A friend told me he knows a guy (which I know full well is he-said she-said, no need to point it out, just enjoy the damn story) that carries a wallet-gun in his back pocket where wallets typically go, and carries his real wallet somewhere else, so that if he gets mugged he can pull his gun without raising alarm. Of course, that wouldn't hold up in every situation, such as if they wanted to retrieve the wallet themselves.

I think that if I was supervisor of a police officer that mistook an ubrella for a firearm, I'd make them take a field sobriety test followed by an eye exam - if for no other reason, just to ridicule them
    And a pick-pocket would be promoted from a pick-pocket to an armed robber.

Guns are everywhere ---- cell phone guns, now guns that look like umbrellas -NJ

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Fricking heck ... now a new never ending debate? ... .45 cal umbrellagun v. 9mm umbrellagun
    I have a black umbrella with a quad rail and forward mounted grip.

Just full of rain fighting win.

Would a telescoping umbrella be considered an SBR or an AOW?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    LOL!
    I almost spit coffee on my screen!

I wish I lived where it rained more, this has such potential for fun and mayhem...

-MH

p.s. .45 is my vote!
    Last edited by March Hare; 05-28-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas