• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns are everywhere ---- cell phone guns, now guns that look like umbrellas -NJ Train

davidmcbeth

Banned

XD40sc

A smart phone recording a cops actions is a greater threat to the cop than someone with a gun.

A cop has a bullet proof vest, and a firearm to defend themselves against an armed criminal.

The cop is utterly and totally defenseless when the lens of a video recorder is aimed at them by a law abiding citizen, and they know it.

countryclubjoe

I guess walking canes will be the next reason to detain and harass citizens in NJ.

I hope to be living in Delaware real soon.

CCJ

Resto Guy

"Gunbrella"

is a term used when they are spotted within 14 miles of a University in N.C. Gunbrellas can cause heavily armed local cops, Deputies, S.W.A.T. teams and Highway Patrol officers to swarm these campuses whenever a gunbrella is spotted. Streets are closed, traffic diverted and automobiles stopped and searched. Gunbrellas cause dorms to be locked down then searched. All local news agencies must send reporters out among the common masses to discuss the effects and dangers of the gunbrella presence and how lucky we are to have police to keep our children safe.
If only we could come together, as a nation, and do something about the gunbrella show loop-hole, Maybe then the easy accessibilty of these cold killers might come to a halt. There is no good reason for Americans to have access to such things, when a safer alternative is a rain coat.

Freedom1Man

Rather have a gunsword.

A gunsword is a neat idea, shoot them at distance and sword play up close.

When you run out of ammo you can still fight.

Last edited:

papa bear

you know maybe this is a good idea. start calling in bogus sightings, have the "authorities" running around after false reports till they are dizzy

of course this is liberal world. they would just use it as an excuse for more money

stealthyeliminator

A friend told me he knows a guy (which I know full well is he-said she-said, no need to point it out, just enjoy the damn story) that carries a wallet-gun in his back pocket where wallets typically go, and carries his real wallet somewhere else, so that if he gets mugged he can pull his gun without raising alarm. Of course, that wouldn't hold up in every situation, such as if they wanted to retrieve the wallet themselves.

I think that if I was supervisor of a police officer that mistook an ubrella for a firearm, I'd make them take a field sobriety test followed by an eye exam - if for no other reason, just to ridicule them :)

Last edited:

XD40sc

A friend told me he knows a guy (which I know full well is he-said she-said, no need to point it out, just enjoy the damn story) that carries a wallet-gun in his back pocket where wallets typically go, and carries his real wallet somewhere else, so that if he gets mugged he can pull his gun without raising alarm. Of course, that wouldn't hold up in every situation, such as if they wanted to retrieve the wallet themselves.

I think that if I was supervisor of a police officer that mistook an ubrella for a firearm, I'd make them take a field sobriety test followed by an eye exam - if for no other reason, just to ridicule them :)

And a pick-pocket would be promoted from a pick-pocket to an armed robber.

palerider116

Guns are everywhere ---- cell phone guns, now guns that look like umbrellas -NJ

Fricking heck ... now a new never ending debate? ... .45 cal umbrellagun v. 9mm umbrellagun

I have a black umbrella with a quad rail and forward mounted grip.

Just full of rain fighting win.