Thread: open carry question.

open carry question.

I'm a Mississippi resident. However I will be in Michigan for a couple months working. Is it legal for me to open carry in the state of Michigan being that I live in Mississippi? And if so, could someone please give me the law so that I can carry a copy of it in my pocket in case I get stopped by someone who is uneducated.

Do you have a Mississippi concealed carry license or any type of Mississippi license or documentation that proves you are the legal owner of your gun?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

yes. I have a CCW from MS. however, we don't register guns down here, so I cant prove that I own it.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Para1911 View Post
    yes. I have a CCW from MS. however, we don't register guns down here, so I cant prove that I own it.
    Bring your CCW and you may lawfully carry openly or concealed, subject to Michigan's laws.

http://Handgunlaw.us does a pretty good synopsis of what's good and what's not here in Michigan.