• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is the cartoon "spongebob" an allegory?

EMNofSeattle

I've through more and more about this... and it seems that many of the characters on the children's TV show are allegorical to real life...

Take Plankton for instance, what better representation of the US government? in the show plankton is a restaurant owner, but he never has any customers, instead everyone eats at the "Krusty Krab" which sells a cheese burger called "the krabby patty" plankton thinks he'll get the customers if he can copy the secret formula...

so with this problem in mind, Plankton builds multi-million dollar robotic machines with complicated plans that often fail in execution, so he can steal a 2.99 Cheeseburger......

what better representation of the government is there then that?

HyDef

I always thought Sponge bob was an allegory for tampons, since he's super absorbent and is in a Bikini Bottom. Now, what does that say about Mr. Crabs?

Last edited: