• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Carry Weapon: SIG 1911 ULTRA G10 Grip Limited Edition .45

Mantioch

Here's my latest purchase! This is a SIG 1911 Ultra Limited Edition .45 with the G10 grips and night sights. Ran across it at the local gun shop today and fell in love. My wife got it for me for father's day, so I cannot have it until then. Very excited, nonetheless! This is a stock photo I grabbed off of the web of the same weapon. I'll post actual pictures as soon as I get it into my grubby hands.

Attachments

• 903868_01_sig_sauer_ultra_compact_1911_g_640.jpg
    903868_01_sig_sauer_ultra_compact_1911_g_640.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7,879

Gil223

Here's my latest purchase! This is a SIG 1911 Ultra Limited Edition .45 with the G10 grips and night sights. Ran across it at the local gun shop today and fell in love. My wife got it for me for father's day, so I cannot have it until then. Very excited, nonetheless! This is a stock photo I grabbed off of the web of the same weapon. I'll post actual pictures as soon as I get it into my grubby hands.
Good looking gun! I would suggest that you never shoot handloads thru it, though. Personally, I don't know it to be a fact, but I have seen a couple of reports in other forums where Sig will not honor their warranty if other than factory ammo is fired in their pistols, and (supposedly) that's their "go to" excuse for almost any malfunction. (Perhaps there's somebody else in this forum that has had personal experience with Sig's warranty service.) Pax...

Sorcice

That seems to be in every manual I have ever read for glock, sig, beretta and Taurus. They can't guarantee you didn't mess up the load so makes sense.

Gil223

That seems to be in every manual I have ever read for glock, sig, beretta and Taurus. They can't guarantee you didn't mess up the load so makes sense.
You're absolutely correct on both points, however my point was that
"that's their 'go to' excuse for almost any malfunction."
This does not appear to be a universally accepted way of performing customer service/warranty repairs for most firearms manufacturers. I have never heard a similar report on any other manufacturer (maybe most are grateful they aren't facing a PI lawsuit?). ;) Pax...

Johnny50cobra

Got the same gun.

I just got the gun for my birthday. I haven't shot it yet. I just wanted to ask, have you seen the gun yet? My looks just like your phot except my trigger is a two hole not three. Model number 1911u-45-nbs13. April 5 2013. All the photos show a three hole

Mantioch

I've seen it and it does have the three holes. Looking on Sig's website, there appear to be a few variants.

I'm having a very hard time locating a holster. The ultra compact is a bit wider than a standard 1911 clone and won't fit any of the holsters I've seen. Some of the Sig forums are suggesting the holster for the Kimber Ultra 10. May have to get something custom made.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Johnny50cobra

All the limited editions I have seen online show a three hole. Don't know why mine has the two hole. I don't have a holster yet, but I have also heard the Kimber holster you refer to should work. Let me know.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That thing looks as close to a 1911 as a grapefruit to a pear.

What was Sig doing? just grabbing the 1911 name to gin up sales?

Gil223

That thing looks as close to a 1911 as a grapefruit to a pear.

What was Sig doing? just grabbing the 1911 name to gin up sales?

Similar, but not a true 1911 look. It looks more like a mutated offspring of a Sig and a 1911. IMHO the similarities stop at the beavertail grip safety and the trigger guard. Sig does have several 1911 models that do present the classic 1911 appearance, but this ain't one of them. Other than being stuck with a serious misnomer, it's not a bad looking pistol. :) Pax...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I'll never be sold on the external extractor, either. It's true that many 1911 makers screw the JMB extractor up, but then again XD uses a leaf spring extractor as is every bit as reliable as a Glock.

If I bought that gun, the first thing I'd do is drop in a solid trigger, BTW.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Good looking gun! I would suggest that you never shoot handloads thru it, though. Personally, I don't know it to be a fact, but I have seen a couple of reports in other forums where Sig will not honor their warranty if other than factory ammo is fired in their pistols, and (supposedly) that's their "go to" excuse for almost any malfunction. (Perhaps there's somebody else in this forum that has had personal experience with Sig's warranty service.) Pax...

Pretty much every gun maker voids the warranty if you shoot handloads, ever.

Solution: don't let your handloads be the problem, and never admit to shooting handloads. ;)

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

I like the looks of it as an every day carry weapon. The words "snub nose" come to mind when I see it, it's so short! But, I imagine that's good for carrying. I made the mistake of purchasing a full-size handgun for every day carry :( I do like having the capacity of a full-sized though

I'm guessing it is single-stack magazine, like a 1911, so it is slimmer as well as short?

WalkingWolf

Guns with poly barrels advise againt the use of lead ammo, companies like Colt, Ruger, and S&W catered to handloaders, and still do. Many of the newer cartridges they chamber for were the result of handloaders. Without handloading there would have been no Model 27 or 29, there would not be 357 sig, or the 327 magnum. Many custom gun makers build specific guns for competition that relies on handloads.

I have bought new Rugers, Colts, and Smiths without one with warranty disclaimers for handloaded ammunition. In fact S&W sold model 39 to the state of Illinois for the state police and other state agencies knowing full well that ISP at the time reloaded their range ammo.