Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: information on sheriff Arpaio

information on sheriff Arpaio

Was Sheriff Joe defeated in federal court for the charge of racial profiling?
    Was he charged with any crimes or was he simply being sued in civil court?
    Best regards,

CCJ
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-26-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Fixed title

Sheriff Joe Arpaio?

Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Not a country club sheriff, or internet commando.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Joe thinks he is above the law.

Question

Not to be a ****, but what does this thread have to do with OC?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-26-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Obv, nothing to do with OC however plenty to do with over zealous LEOs over stepping there authority and racial profiling and violating rights. I could only imagine if the citizens in this case were also OCering, how would Sheriff's Joe's [officers] treat the citizens?

OCers may be the next group of citizens to be profiled if they aren't already.

CCJ

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE LEO BASHING
    Last edited by John Pierce; 05-28-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Re: information on sheriff Arpona

Actually Maricopa county is very OC friendly in my experience. I do it everyday. Even ate lunch across from a table full sheriff's not a peep about my OC.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Actually Maricopa county is very OC friendly in my experience. I do it everyday. Even ate lunch across from a table full sheriff's not a peep about my OC.
    Thats great news. Are you mexican or latino?

TIA

CCJ

Re: information on sheriff Arpaio

Could you please cite or link to the cases where the Sheriff was convicted of a crime? Last I checked discrimination by a public office holder is a crime...

Oh - I consider myself a citizen of the United States of America. Not a Irish American or a Mexican American and so on. So your question is more this ...you didn't get hassled because you are not brown? Then the answer would be I don't know what was in others minds. Does racism exist? Sadly yes. Has the Sheriff been found guilty of it? To my knowledge no. That does not mean I'm wright. If you can find data that shows he has please post it.

Last I checked discrimination by a public office holder is a crime...
    Checked what, please? A rule (5) citation to the crime of discrimination by a public official.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Checked what, please? A rule (5) citation to the crime of discrimination by a public official.
    The OP makes uncited claim after claim - you are ok with that? What he claims I believe on the Federal level would fall under color of law abuses sect 1983. Thanks for your one sided rule monitoring...

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Was Sheriff Joe defeated in federal court for the charge of racial profiling?
    Was he charged with any crimes or was he simply being sued in civil court?
    Best regards,

CCJ
    Ok since the OP does not follow rule 5 here we go. This appears to be against the Department as a whole and not the just the Sheriff. I tried nicely to get cites from OP - nothing - so I did the work for him. This is being fought & still going through the federal court system.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/25...rofiling-case/

I have to say I have been a participant on this site for 3 years and it is getting pretty "un-moderated" and we seem to have our fair share of internet ghouls here. Carry on in your usual rectal cranial inversion ways...
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 05-26-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Ok since the OP does not follow rule 5 here we go. This appears to be against the Department as a whole and not the just the Sheriff. I tried nicely to get cites from OP - nothing - so I did the work for him. This is being fought & still going through the federal court system.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/25...rofiling-case/

I have to say I have been a participant on this site for 3 years and it is getting pretty "un-moderated" and we seem to have our fair share of internet ghouls here. Carry on in your usual rectal cranial inversion ways...
    Right, because "Sheriff Joe" isn't well-known for personally running every aspect of his department, down to what color underwear those in its jails must wear.

"Sheriff Joe" needs to go back to the 90s, or go enfarce the law somewhere like NYC. The body of America is trying to move on from that crap, finally and thankfully. It's a long row to hoe, though.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Right, because "Sheriff Joe" isn't well-known for personally running every aspect of his department, down to what color underwear those in its jails must wear.

"Sheriff Joe" needs to go back to the 90s, or go enfarce the law somewhere like NYC. The body of America is trying to move on from that crap, finally and thankfully. It's a long row to hoe, though.
    Well the voters here keep electing him, so he must be doing something right. I live here & can say coming from Detroit - The crime rate here is in my opinion much lower - in particular violent crime / homicides. I in no way except racism being ok period. I also do not think illegal immigration should be accepted as ok either. Hence the issues for many with the sheriff's method's who either can't or won't vote him out of office.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 05-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Well the voters here keep electing him, so he must be doing something right.
    True enough.

Far as low crime goes, you can thank the lack of gun control for that. It's not like Sheriff Joe can claim something the rest of the state can't.
    Last edited by marshaul; 05-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.

enough with the race card already

57% of those arrested were illegals(court record), that's a pretty good hit rate imo !

Sheriff Joe is our Hero.

If you don't like him or how he operates in Maricopa County, Arizona then keep your sorry back side in New Jersey.

Have a nice day.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    If you don't like him or how he operates in Maricopa County, Arizona then keep your sorry back side in New Jersey.
    OK, but I expect you to reciprocate. You're equally unwelcome here.

Check out [his] bio for a clearer picture.

I rest my case.

CCJ

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE LEO BASHING
    Last edited by John Pierce; 05-28-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Not how I feel - come on down marshaul (VA is a great place) and others from the NE. You'll see things first hand, and be able to judge for yourselves. I would visit Jersey given the chance, being from DETROIT most of my life, .....everywhere looks like paradise in comparison.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 05-27-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Not how I feel - come on down marshaul (VA is a great place) and others from the NE. You'll see things first hand, and be able to judge for yourselves. I would visit Jersey given the chance, being from DETROIT most of my life, .....everywhere looks like paradise in comparison.
    Hi Free

Thank you for your reply. Your much better off in AZ then NJ.

AZ-1 sheriff joe

NJ- 100/1000 or more sheriff joes plus toughest gun laws in the country.

I was in Detroit on business about 3 months ago, horrible city. Great that your in a safer place.

Best regards.

CCJ

Good, reciprocation is guaranteed. I have no intention of visiting there.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Sheriff Joe is our Hero.

Have a nice day.
    Unfortunately I have business in Sept in North Scottsdale and hopefully I'll be able to keep my backside out of jail in Maricopa County.

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE PERSONAL ATTACK
    Last edited by John Pierce; 05-28-2013 at 11:06 AM.

North Scottsdale is a very affluent area and I happen to live there. You shouldn't have trouble, Scottsdale PD is very professional. Maricopa county Sheriff's have a substation in Cave Creek (tiny). So unless you venture into south phoenix the chances of you running into them is small. Police here in my experience are the least of your worries. Not getting killed by some of the worst drivers in the world is the real trick.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast