Thread: So is IL finally coming around on CC

So is IL finally coming around on CC

You can carry, but.....
    "Under the measure, concealed carry would be prohibited at all schools, colleges and universities, child-care facilities, parks and playgrounds, Chicago area forest preserves, state and municipal government buildings, libraries, hospitals, mental health facilities, nursing homes, airports, stadiums, arenas, sporting events, amusement parks, zoos, museums, public transportation and government public gatherings."
    These "provisions" would cut out about 50% of my carry time. I'm so glad I live in WA. I'm in total shock it is "shall" issue, when I first heard about it I thought it would be "may" issue.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Banned
    50%? You are an optimist.

Re: So is IL finally coming around on CC

Yeah, but from what I hear, the governor opposes it and will probably veto it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    .....resulting in constitutional carry June 9th when the 7th Circuit Court's ruling takes effect removing all firearms restrictions.

I can't think of a reason a staunch anti Gov would refuse to sign a super restrictive CCW Bill so that anyone could carry.

Pro-2A legislators in IL really dropped the ball on this. All they had to do was hold out for everything they wanted holding the dark cloud of Constitutional Carry over the anti's heads. What happened? I'll tell ya': They let the reverse happen and panicked over the thought of no regulation. So they fulfilled the role the anti's should have been in and passed SOMETHING!........ANYTHING!.......QUICK!

The idiots should have held out and made the anti's pass SOMETHING!.......ANYTHING!.....

......but, alas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Call, write, and email the governor, saying that guns are evil and that passing this bill will cause blood to flow in the streets! That's the best shot at motivating the veto: if the governor thinks he has strong anti-gun backing against the bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned
    from what I have understood the idiot Gov will veto the bill ... and they have the votes to override the veto. The gov. may change his mind given this.

Then provisions of the bill can be attacked to knock out certain aspects...the mandatory training is one I see this is a low lying fruit

It positively needs to be vetoed!

Did anyone catch the 16 hours of training and a $150 fee?!?! Wouldn't that 16 hours of training prevent any reciprocity with states that have lesser requirments...which is all of them, No?
    Last edited by markush; 05-25-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Did anyone catch the 16 hours of training and a $150 fee?!?! Wouldn't that 16 hours of training prevent any reciprocity with states that have lesser requirments...which is all of them, No?
    Every Il politician that votes for this bill should be run out of office on a rail. It is up to the people to demand they pass no bill and let constitutional carry take place. The home rule carp is just that, CARP, the judges ruling made no exception for home rule, the cities have to obey the order just as much as the state.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

IL is coming around?? Have you read the details of the bill?

Re: So is IL finally coming around on CC

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    IL is coming around?? Have you read the details of the bill?
    I live in Illinois, and I have read the bill four times. Its a brown sandwich, hold the mayo. The bunch over on the concealed carry only board are saying we should support this bill. And, we should like it because it's better than nothing. Its horrid. They claim it is shall issue but it is really may issue. It does provide statewide preemption for all firearms laws which in reality is good. But, telling me I'm supposed to like it, is like telling prisoners in Awschwitz they are supposed to like the soup.

Carthago Delenda Est
    Last edited by kurt555gs; 05-25-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Call, write, and email the governor, saying that guns are evil and that passing this bill will cause blood to flow in the streets! That's the best shot at motivating the veto: if the governor thinks he has strong anti-gun backing against the bill.

<o>
    Therefore nothing changes if he signs the bill, with that logic. What is motivating about that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Resto Guy View Post
    Therefore nothing changes if he signs the bill, with that logic. What is motivating about that?
    Huh??

My post is aimed at getting him to veto the bill, hoping that it is not overridden.

I don't get your point at all. Were you responding to another post, but quoting ming?

<o>

I got your point. What I'm saying is, it's an empty threat to say "blood will flow" if he signs the bill. My point is that blood is already flowing in his streets, and the Governor knows it. Maybe saying LOTS more blood will flow?
    And I agree completely, he should veto the bill.

Banned
    Gotcha.

Doesn't matter that things will actually get better if more folks in IL carry. Antis will always be motivated by emotional appeals that feed their fears, reality be damned.

The best shot at not having a bill on 6/9 is a veto. The best shot at getting a veto is to convince the governor of a groundswell of panicky hoplophobes who will applaud his effort to try to stop this.

So, again, folks write, call, email the governor make emotional pleas for veto this bill so that IL does not become the Wild West!