• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So is IL finally coming around on CC

golddigger14s

Activist Member
You can carry, but.....
"Under the measure, concealed carry would be prohibited at all schools, colleges and universities, child-care facilities, parks and playgrounds, Chicago area forest preserves, state and municipal government buildings, libraries, hospitals, mental health facilities, nursing homes, airports, stadiums, arenas, sporting events, amusement parks, zoos, museums, public transportation and government public gatherings."
These "provisions" would cut out about 50% of my carry time. I'm so glad I live in WA. I'm in total shock it is "shall" issue, when I first heard about it I thought it would be "may" issue.

Superlite27

Yeah, but from what I hear, the governor opposes it and will probably veto it.

.....resulting in constitutional carry June 9th when the 7th Circuit Court's ruling takes effect removing all firearms restrictions.

I can't think of a reason a staunch anti Gov would refuse to sign a super restrictive CCW Bill so that anyone could carry.

Pro-2A legislators in IL really dropped the ball on this. All they had to do was hold out for everything they wanted holding the dark cloud of Constitutional Carry over the anti's heads. What happened? I'll tell ya': They let the reverse happen and panicked over the thought of no regulation. So they fulfilled the role the anti's should have been in and passed SOMETHING!........ANYTHING!.......QUICK!

The idiots should have held out and made the anti's pass SOMETHING!.......ANYTHING!.....

......but, alas.

eye95

Yeah, but from what I hear, the governor opposes it and will probably veto it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Call, write, and email the governor, saying that guns are evil and that passing this bill will cause blood to flow in the streets! That's the best shot at motivating the veto: if the governor thinks he has strong anti-gun backing against the bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
from what I have understood the idiot Gov will veto the bill ... and they have the votes to override the veto. The gov. may change his mind given this.

Then provisions of the bill can be attacked to knock out certain aspects...the mandatory training is one I see this is a low lying fruit

markush

It positively needs to be vetoed!

Did anyone catch the 16 hours of training and a $150 fee?!?! Wouldn't that 16 hours of training prevent any reciprocity with states that have lesser requirments...which is all of them, No?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Did anyone catch the 16 hours of training and a $150 fee?!?! Wouldn't that 16 hours of training prevent any reciprocity with states that have lesser requirments...which is all of them, No?

Every Il politician that votes for this bill should be run out of office on a rail. It is up to the people to demand they pass no bill and let constitutional carry take place. The home rule carp is just that, CARP, the judges ruling made no exception for home rule, the cities have to obey the order just as much as the state.

kurt555gs

IL is coming around?? Have you read the details of the bill? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I live in Illinois, and I have read the bill four times. Its a brown sandwich, hold the mayo. The bunch over on the concealed carry only board are saying we should support this bill. And, we should like it because it's better than nothing. Its horrid. They claim it is shall issue but it is really may issue. It does provide statewide preemption for all firearms laws which in reality is good. But, telling me I'm supposed to like it, is like telling prisoners in Awschwitz they are supposed to like the soup.

Carthago Delenda Est

Last edited:

Resto Guy

Call, write, and email the governor, saying that guns are evil and that passing this bill will cause blood to flow in the streets! That's the best shot at motivating the veto: if the governor thinks he has strong anti-gun backing against the bill.

<o>

Therefore nothing changes if he signs the bill, with that logic. What is motivating about that?

eye95

Therefore nothing changes if he signs the bill, with that logic. What is motivating about that?

Huh??

My post is aimed at getting him to veto the bill, hoping that it is not overridden.

I don't get your point at all. Were you responding to another post, but quoting ming?

<o>

Resto Guy

I got your point. What I'm saying is, it's an empty threat to say "blood will flow" if he signs the bill. My point is that blood is already flowing in his streets, and the Governor knows it. Maybe saying LOTS more blood will flow?
And I agree completely, he should veto the bill.

eye95

Gotcha.

Doesn't matter that things will actually get better if more folks in IL carry. Antis will always be motivated by emotional appeals that feed their fears, reality be damned.

The best shot at not having a bill on 6/9 is a veto. The best shot at getting a veto is to convince the governor of a groundswell of panicky hoplophobes who will applaud his effort to try to stop this.

So, again, folks write, call, email the governor make emotional pleas for veto this bill so that IL does not become the Wild West!