Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Louisiana Open Carry Advocates - CENLA meeting - Alexandria - June 1, 2013

  1. #1
    Regular Member jcwmla80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    48

    Louisiana Open Carry Advocates - CENLA meeting - Alexandria - June 1, 2013

    Louisiana Open Carry Advocates - CENLA meeting - Alexandria - June 1, 2013
    Saturday, June 1, 2013 12:00pm
    IHOP
    2715 S Macarthur Drive
    Alexandria, Louisiana


    The Louisiana Open Carry Advocates will be meeting at IHOP on S. Macarthur Drive in Alexandria on June 1, 2013 at 12PM. Arrangements have been made and management is aware.


    Jeffery Craig
    President, Louisiana Open Carry Advocates
    http://www.laopencarryadvocates.org/
    Join us!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464
    Looks like ya'll are kicking things off with a bang! Good luck with your new org.

  3. #3
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222
    It's just like LOCAL but without the other L.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  4. #4
    Regular Member jcwmla80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Looks like ya'll are kicking things off with a bang! Good luck with your new org.
    Thank you, sir!

  5. #5
    Regular Member jcwmla80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by sraacke View Post
    It's just like LOCAL but without the other L.

    It's actually not just like LOCAL. ********* *** ******* *** *** The money is actually all accounted for, and people show up to the meetings. We left LOCAL because you're completely disorganized and out of touch.

    I see you got banned from Bayoushooter.com. How are you planning to be a president of any kind of organization while making people dislike you so much you get banned from an entire forum?

    You're on my ignore list, so I won't be seeing any further messages from you. You had a chance to have some real solid people on your team, and you squandered it. But ultimately, as long as open carry is the agenda, I don't care which organization people become a part of.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-30-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Personal insult removed

  6. #6
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    LOCAL has fully accounted for every penny in the treasury I can assure you! We are incorporating LOCAL as a LEGAL Non-Profit organization as fast as is possible and just as soon as that happens, all funds will be transferred into a bank account in the organization's name.

    As to being disorganized and out of touch, I have no idea WHERE you came up with that. The first friction we had was when you didn't like that fact that we had bylaws and rules to follow and we couldn't just wing it any old way you wanted to.

    Out of touch? We are on top of Open Carry in this state like no other organization as is our core goal. We follow the Constitution and the law and work within the law to change bad law. I don't know where this comes from...

    As to the BS forum, it is hard to defend ones self against pure fabrication and outright lies and people who hate Open Carry as a general rule.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  7. #7
    Regular Member jcwmla80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    48

    Louisiana Open Carry Advocates

    This fellow is also on the ignore list, so I will not waste much time on it. I didn't read his comment. We left LOCAL for a number of reasons. LOCAL may be right for some people. It was not right for us. I personally emailed the president of that organization, ignored above, and tried to leave things on good terms. He didn't bother to write back. A lot of missed opportunities there. My goal is gun rights. Specifically open carry in Louisiana. If you can further that by joining an organization, do so. What's wrong with having another option? In my opinion, Louisiana Open Carry Advocates has done more in a month that LOCAL does in several. We're growing every day and making in-roads in important places. Please, go check LOCAL out. Talk to the president. Deal with their "web developer" a few times, and when you've had enough, come check us out. I am always available to talk with you, unless you are these 2 guys.

    http://www.laopencarryadvocates.org/

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwmla80 View Post

    I see you got banned from Bayoushooter.com. How are you planning to be a president of any kind of organization while making people dislike you so much you get banned from an entire forum?
    Like it's hard to get banned from BS.



    Quote Originally Posted by jcwmla80 View Post

    This fellow is also on the ignore list, so I will not waste much time on it. I didn't read his comment.
    ...I am always available to talk with you, unless you are these 2 guys.
    "How are you planning to be a president of any kind of organization while disliking people so much you ignore those who disagree with you?"

  9. #9
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Our web designer is Robert Sinclair of Sinclair Designs, Inc. He does all of our webpage work.
    Our treasurer, Phillip Heustis, has accounted for every dime LOCAL has taken in and spent.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Like it's hard to get banned from BS.
    It's not hard if you work as hard at it as Steve has. He has claimed to be "done" with "bayoushitter" quite a few times, bad mouthed the site on other sites, then comes back and posts rants like this

    Frack It. I said I wan't going to participat in this cesspool anymore but you idiots are constantly in here spewing so much misinformation and bovine feces that it's hard to watch even signed out.
    He has also supported and requested donations for two LIARS on Bayoushooter, without fact checking their stories in the least. The most recent one he posted here(guy named Pennington).

    All of these things were allowed to slide until he did the same thing there that he is doing here. Coming into a place where there is no argument and no reason for an argument to attack another organization that should be supporting the same cause. His actions here and on Bayoushooter have nothing to do with open carry and everything to do with personal attacks on other members. Additionally the distaste for him on Bayoushooter has nothing to do with his organization or open carry in general(although this is the shield he has chosen to hide behind). It has to do with his actions and his statements, as they are unprofessional at best.
    Last edited by MikeMan; 05-30-2013 at 08:30 AM.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628

    OCDO Rules

    (12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMan View Post
    He has also supported and requested donations for two LIARS on Bayoushooter, without fact checking their stories in the least. The most recent one he posted here(guy named Pennington).
    This is 100% FALSE. In Mr. Pennington's case it WAS fact checked by me personally and the so called "facts" against him posted by others elsewhere are nothing but fabrications, the twisting of what was posted and innuendo. He is a victim of character assignation for following the law and the "crime" of filming police from a safe distance while armed. Nothing more.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  13. #13
    Regular Member Vermiform's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Louisiana
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    This is 100% FALSE. In Mr. Pennington's case it WAS fact checked by me personally and the so called "facts" against him posted by others elsewhere are nothing but fabrications, the twisting of what was posted and innuendo. He is a victim of character assignation for following the law and the "crime" of filming police from a safe distance while armed. Nothing more.
    Well I would have to respectfully disagree. Let's break it down. As stated on his own youtube channel, he promised to post more vids soon then apologizes later for not being able to create more movies because his only means of doing so was confiscated. This leads me to believe he was purposely creating encounters with LEO. Now I agree, this is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Do you agree so far?

  14. #14
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermiform View Post
    This leads me to believe he was purposely creating encounters with LEO. Now I agree, this is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Do you agree so far?
    This only shows me your logic is flawed.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  15. #15
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermiform View Post
    Well I would have to respectfully disagree. Let's break it down. As stated on his own youtube channel, he promised to post more vids soon then apologizes later for not being able to create more movies because his only means of doing so was confiscated. This leads me to believe he was purposely creating encounters with LEO. Now I agree, this is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Do you agree so far?
    Presuming that what was being done was legal (my understanding is that it is) that should be the end of the discussion.

    I OC 24/7 and audio record constantly. Were my gun(s) confiscated, I would have little to record would I. I consider myself an educator not an instigator - please note the difference in definition. OTOH -some people would say that I instigate daily.....oh well.

    Don't really see the difference if he was recording other people's interaction or his own. The point is his action (OCing) did not create the recordable event - that rests with those that took exception to it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Vermiform's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Louisiana
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    This only shows me your logic is flawed.
    Which part?

  17. #17
    Regular Member Vermiform's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Louisiana
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I OC 24/7 and audio record constantly. Were my gun(s) confiscated, I would have little to record would I. I consider myself an educator not an instigator - please note the difference in definition. OTOH -some people would say that I instigate daily.....oh well.
    I would vehemently disagree with those that say you are instigating. You are open carrying and you have a recorder to protect yourself if an incident goes south. Given half a chance, you are busy trying to educate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Presuming that what was being done was legal (my understanding is that it is) that should be the end of the discussion.
    It should be the end of the legal matter for sure, but I think that it is precisely where the discussion should begin. We are ambassadors and educators and I contend that the gentleman in question is NOT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't really see the difference if he was recording other people's interaction or his own. The point is his action (OCing) did not create the recordable event - that rests with those that took exception to it.
    and that is what I am arguing. He is purposely creating encounters by recording LEO while open carrying. He is not initially being stopped for OC, he is drawing their attention to it then acting smug when they take the bait. This type of behavior is killing us. If you saw the videos before he took them down, then I have a question. How are we going to educate those 3 cops he interacted with now? How are we going to educate their peers in the same police department now? We are trying to open doors after he has slammed them shut. This behavior is not "educating", it is "ambush activism" and it is 3 steps back from our 1 step forward.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Vermiform's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Louisiana
    Posts
    17
    And I wanted to add something for Herohog.

    I am not here to attack you bro. I have much respect for you on our home forums. I just think you've made a mistake in backing this guy and I'm trying to show you my point of view.

  19. #19
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermiform View Post
    And I wanted to add something for Herohog.

    I am not here to attack you bro. I have much respect for you on our home forums. I just think you've made a mistake in backing this guy and I'm trying to show you my point of view.
    The man drove up on an incident and, from across the street, filmed it. He happened to be carrying at the time. PERIOD. You are somehow making it out that he is setting up cops from this and I simply don't see. it. When a cop, for whatever reason, comes over then starts hassling him for his legal actions, how would you expect him to react? In the end, they trumped up a charge of trespassing even though he was not on posted property and was never once asked to leave.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    This is 100% FALSE. In Mr. Pennington's case it WAS fact checked by me personally and the so called "facts" against him posted by others elsewhere are nothing but fabrications, the twisting of what was posted and innuendo. He is a victim of character assignation for following the law and the "crime" of filming police from a safe distance while armed. Nothing more.
    The cause Steve brought to BS(before Pennington) turned out to be arrested for disturbing the police(as he claimed), however the rest of his family being arrested on the same charges along with the posession of marijuana was left out. An obviously important set of details that were easily available via a google search.

    As it relates to Pennington, he claimed he was arrested and charged with trespassing and a few other charges, with a bond in the thousands. A google search for that showed he was only charged with trespassing and his bond was $300. His version of the facts and public record for his arrest do not match.
    Last edited by MikeMan; 05-30-2013 at 12:56 PM.

  21. #21
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMan View Post
    As it relates to Pennington, he claimed he was arrested and charged with trespassing and a few other charges, with a bond in the thousands. A google search for that showed he was only charged with trespassing and his bond was $300. His version of the facts and public record for his arrest do not match.
    That post of his bond was the initial charge which he posted about was increased after the fact by thousands and it was. I have a copy of the paperwork in my possession. The site referenced was not ever updated with the information. He posted that fact and it was ignored.

    PS: The drug charge turned out to be false and dropped. The vegetable material found was just yard waste from their shoes tracked in the vehicle.
    Last edited by HeroHog; 05-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  22. #22
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    Are we far enough off topic to close this thread yet?
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  23. #23
    Regular Member Vermiform's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Louisiana
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    The man drove up on an incident and, from across the street, filmed it. He happened to be carrying at the time. PERIOD. You are somehow making it out that he is setting up cops from this and I simply don't see. it. When a cop, for whatever reason, comes over then starts hassling him for his legal actions, how would you expect him to react? In the end, they trumped up a charge of trespassing even though he was not on posted property and was never once asked to leave.
    Did you read his comments on his videos? Did you see his videos? Do you agree or disagree that he was promising more videos before this last incident?

    I'm not arguing his legality of his actions and he very well may have had trumped charges. I'm not even arguing the bond amounts.

  24. #24
    Regular Member HeroHog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    653
    I'm done. Argue with yourself. There is no point in it and I have refuted all you have drug up so far and see no point in dragging this any further through the dirt.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

    I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

    NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

    "Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    That post of his bond was the initial charge which he posted about was increased after the fact by thousands and it was. I have a copy of the paperwork in my possession. The site referenced was not ever updated with the information. He posted that fact and it was ignored.

    PS: The drug charge turned out to be false and dropped. The vegetable material found was just yard waste from their shoes tracked in the vehicle.
    Care to post any of that information for others to see? What about the arrests of the rest of his family in the same incident?
    Last edited by MikeMan; 05-30-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •