• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisiana Open Carry Advocates - CENLA meeting - Alexandria - June 1, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwmla80

Louisiana Open Carry Advocates - CENLA meeting - Alexandria - June 1, 2013
Saturday, June 1, 2013 12:00pm
IHOP
2715 S Macarthur Drive
Alexandria, Louisiana

The Louisiana Open Carry Advocates will be meeting at IHOP on S. Macarthur Drive in Alexandria on June 1, 2013 at 12PM. Arrangements have been made and management is aware.

Jeffery Craig
President, Louisiana Open Carry Advocates
http://www.laopencarryadvocates.org/
Join us!

jcwmla80

It's just like LOCAL but without the other L.

It's actually not just like LOCAL. ********* *** ******* *** *** The money is actually all accounted for, and people show up to the meetings. We left LOCAL because you're completely disorganized and out of touch.

I see you got banned from Bayoushooter.com. How are you planning to be a president of any kind of organization while making people dislike you so much you get banned from an entire forum?

You're on my ignore list, so I won't be seeing any further messages from you. You had a chance to have some real solid people on your team, and you squandered it. But ultimately, as long as open carry is the agenda, I don't care which organization people become a part of.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroHog

LOCAL has fully accounted for every penny in the treasury I can assure you! We are incorporating LOCAL as a LEGAL Non-Profit organization as fast as is possible and just as soon as that happens, all funds will be transferred into a bank account in the organization's name.

As to being disorganized and out of touch, I have no idea WHERE you came up with that. The first friction we had was when you didn't like that fact that we had bylaws and rules to follow and we couldn't just wing it any old way you wanted to.

Out of touch? We are on top of Open Carry in this state like no other organization as is our core goal. We follow the Constitution and the law and work within the law to change bad law. I don't know where this comes from...

As to the BS forum, it is hard to defend ones self against pure fabrication and outright lies and people who hate Open Carry as a general rule.

jcwmla80

Louisiana Open Carry Advocates

This fellow is also on the ignore list, so I will not waste much time on it. I didn't read his comment. We left LOCAL for a number of reasons. LOCAL may be right for some people. It was not right for us. I personally emailed the president of that organization, ignored above, and tried to leave things on good terms. He didn't bother to write back. A lot of missed opportunities there. My goal is gun rights. Specifically open carry in Louisiana. If you can further that by joining an organization, do so. What's wrong with having another option? In my opinion, Louisiana Open Carry Advocates has done more in a month that LOCAL does in several. We're growing every day and making in-roads in important places. Please, go check LOCAL out. Talk to the president. Deal with their "web developer" a few times, and when you've had enough, come check us out. I am always available to talk with you, unless you are these 2 guys.

http://www.laopencarryadvocates.org/

KBCraig

I see you got banned from Bayoushooter.com. How are you planning to be a president of any kind of organization while making people dislike you so much you get banned from an entire forum?
Like it's hard to get banned from BS. :rolleyes:

This fellow is also on the ignore list, so I will not waste much time on it. I didn't read his comment.
...I am always available to talk with you, unless you are these 2 guys.
"How are you planning to be a president of any kind of organization while disliking people so much you ignore those who disagree with you?"

sraacke

Our web designer is Robert Sinclair of Sinclair Designs, Inc. He does all of our webpage work.
Our treasurer, Phillip Heustis, has accounted for every dime LOCAL has taken in and spent.

MikeMan

Like it's hard to get banned from BS. :rolleyes:

It's not hard if you work as hard at it as Steve has. He has claimed to be "done" with "bayoushitter" quite a few times, bad mouthed the site on other sites, then comes back and posts rants like this

Frack It. I said I wan't going to participat in this cesspool anymore but you idiots are constantly in here spewing so much misinformation and bovine feces that it's hard to watch even signed out.

He has also supported and requested donations for two LIARS on Bayoushooter, without fact checking their stories in the least. The most recent one he posted here(guy named Pennington).

All of these things were allowed to slide until he did the same thing there that he is doing here. Coming into a place where there is no argument and no reason for an argument to attack another organization that should be supporting the same cause. His actions here and on Bayoushooter have nothing to do with open carry and everything to do with personal attacks on other members. Additionally the distaste for him on Bayoushooter has nothing to do with his organization or open carry in general(although this is the shield he has chosen to hide behind). It has to do with his actions and his statements, as they are unprofessional at best.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCDO Rules

(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

HeroHog

He has also supported and requested donations for two LIARS on Bayoushooter, without fact checking their stories in the least. The most recent one he posted here(guy named Pennington).

This is 100% FALSE. In Mr. Pennington's case it WAS fact checked by me personally and the so called "facts" against him posted by others elsewhere are nothing but fabrications, the twisting of what was posted and innuendo. He is a victim of character assignation for following the law and the "crime" of filming police from a safe distance while armed. Nothing more.

Vermiform

This is 100% FALSE. In Mr. Pennington's case it WAS fact checked by me personally and the so called "facts" against him posted by others elsewhere are nothing but fabrications, the twisting of what was posted and innuendo. He is a victim of character assignation for following the law and the "crime" of filming police from a safe distance while armed. Nothing more.

Well I would have to respectfully disagree. Let's break it down. As stated on his own youtube channel, he promised to post more vids soon then apologizes later for not being able to create more movies because his only means of doing so was confiscated. This leads me to believe he was purposely creating encounters with LEO. Now I agree, this is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Do you agree so far?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well I would have to respectfully disagree. Let's break it down. As stated on his own youtube channel, he promised to post more vids soon then apologizes later for not being able to create more movies because his only means of doing so was confiscated. This leads me to believe he was purposely creating encounters with LEO. Now I agree, this is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Do you agree so far?
Presuming that what was being done was legal (my understanding is that it is) that should be the end of the discussion.

I OC 24/7 and audio record constantly. Were my gun(s) confiscated, I would have little to record would I. I consider myself an educator not an instigator - please note the difference in definition. OTOH -some people would say that I instigate daily.....oh well.

Don't really see the difference if he was recording other people's interaction or his own. The point is his action (OCing) did not create the recordable event - that rests with those that took exception to it.

Vermiform

I OC 24/7 and audio record constantly. Were my gun(s) confiscated, I would have little to record would I. I consider myself an educator not an instigator - please note the difference in definition. OTOH -some people would say that I instigate daily.....oh well.

I would vehemently disagree with those that say you are instigating. You are open carrying and you have a recorder to protect yourself if an incident goes south. Given half a chance, you are busy trying to educate.

Presuming that what was being done was legal (my understanding is that it is) that should be the end of the discussion.

It should be the end of the legal matter for sure, but I think that it is precisely where the discussion should begin. We are ambassadors and educators and I contend that the gentleman in question is NOT.

Don't really see the difference if he was recording other people's interaction or his own. The point is his action (OCing) did not create the recordable event - that rests with those that took exception to it.

and that is what I am arguing. He is purposely creating encounters by recording LEO while open carrying. He is not initially being stopped for OC, he is drawing their attention to it then acting smug when they take the bait. This type of behavior is killing us. If you saw the videos before he took them down, then I have a question. How are we going to educate those 3 cops he interacted with now? How are we going to educate their peers in the same police department now? We are trying to open doors after he has slammed them shut. This behavior is not "educating", it is "ambush activism" and it is 3 steps back from our 1 step forward.

Vermiform

And I wanted to add something for Herohog.

I am not here to attack you bro. I have much respect for you on our home forums. I just think you've made a mistake in backing this guy and I'm trying to show you my point of view.

HeroHog

And I wanted to add something for Herohog.

I am not here to attack you bro. I have much respect for you on our home forums. I just think you've made a mistake in backing this guy and I'm trying to show you my point of view.

The man drove up on an incident and, from across the street, filmed it. He happened to be carrying at the time. PERIOD. You are somehow making it out that he is setting up cops from this and I simply don't see. it. When a cop, for whatever reason, comes over then starts hassling him for his legal actions, how would you expect him to react? In the end, they trumped up a charge of trespassing even though he was not on posted property and was never once asked to leave.

MikeMan

The cause Steve brought to BS(before Pennington) turned out to be arrested for disturbing the police(as he claimed), however the rest of his family being arrested on the same charges along with the posession of marijuana was left out. An obviously important set of details that were easily available via a google search.

As it relates to Pennington, he claimed he was arrested and charged with trespassing and a few other charges, with a bond in the thousands. A google search for that showed he was only charged with trespassing and his bond was $300. His version of the facts and public record for his arrest do not match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.