Thread: Va. father suspected of kidnapping by Great Wall-mart security, PWC cop investigates.

Va. father suspected of kidnapping by Great Wall-mart security, PWC cop investigates.

Joseph says he then went to up his wife, Keana, and as they were arriving home, they were shocked to find a Prince William County police officer waiting for them. "He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph says.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2228687...#axzz2UVMArIED
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Well, that's certainly a new one but my standard advice would have served the guy well: "I'll answer any questions you have in court".

Then the cop has a puzzle to solve: arrest or not arrest .. go ahead, take that risk Mr. Policeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Joseph says he then went to up his wife, Keana, and as they were arriving home, they were shocked to find a Prince William County police officer waiting for them. "He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph says.
    One might say it's better to check, but is there sufficient RAS to demand ID? Is there cause for the parent to even talk to the police officer? Kind of odd they met the parent at the house arriving first.

Don't know if there's cause for any legal action, though, on the parent's part. Not good PR for Walmart, certainly.

Founder's Club Member
    Typical cop-talk: "I need to..."

Translation: "I ain't got probable cause, nor reasonable suspicion..."

Wonderful. Now some adoptive parents are open to police investigation. A caucasion couple adopts a chinese child--whammo, "Point to your mommy." Madonna adopts an african child... Or, what's to prevent police intrusion if a lesbian couple adopts...
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I hope they make Walmart pay through the nose for this screw up. Store security should stick to store security, and it might save Walmart a lot of money. Hope the people get fired.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Va. father suspected of kidnapping by Great Wall-mart security, PWC cop investi

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Typical cop-talk: "I need to..."

Translation: "I ain't got probable cause, nor reasonable suspicion..."

Wonderful. Now some adoptive parents are open to police investigation. A caucasion couple adopts a chinese child--whammo, "Point to your mommy." Madonna adopts an african child... Or, what's to prevent police intrusion if a lesbian couple adopts...
    I'm content to tell the loss prevention guy to mind his own business. He may complain, but all I ask is that he spells my name correctly when filing it. Unless he produces a hysterical parent, or an Amber alert has been issued (missing and endangered children's information is disseminated quickly through the Virginia Fusion Center), I am going to tell Mr. Loss Prevention guy he needs the A-Team.

Condoms and razors are being stolen at record rate and he is worried about a family that does not meet his definition of a social norm.
    Last edited by palerider116; 05-28-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Or, what's to prevent police intrusion if a lesbian couple adopts...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_wine

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    I saw what you wrote there.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

This would simplify things:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369785064.741425.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	10476

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Isn't the correct response, "Piss off until you have a warrant"?

The point behind the warrant is that the officer must present probable cause to a judge. Kids being a different race from the purported parent is not probable cause that the "parent" has committed a crime. If a Walmart employee said something other than that, something amounting to probable cause, he would be accountable for any false statements he makes that provide probable cause and result in seizure of an honest man and his wife.

Make 'em go through procedures. There are reasons for them. One of those reasons is to hold false accusers accountable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

This is the right answer.

Joseph and Keana say they will never shop at Walmart again.

didn't on of the neighbor of the three women that were kidnapped say he was suspicious . because a white child was calling a black man daddy. wondered what would have happened if he had called the police to investigate
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Sir, can you prove those are your children?
    Why no officer, I didn't keep the receipt.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    They'll have to be confiscated for their safety until the parentage can be resolved. On your knees citizen.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-29-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Customer of Walmart tells a Walmart employe (security?), who then tells the cops. Hmmm.....an internal investigation by Walmart is ongoing.....updates to follow.

A cop is told to determine if three kids belong to a couple. Hmmm.....another version of....."Sir, we need your ID just to make sure you are not a felon."

Standing in front of a court.....not very likely.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    better response to the question: "Officer, what RAS or probable cause to believe that these are NOT MY CHILDREN do you have?" esp in light of the officer having asked the older of the children to verbally identify their parents!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"