Thread: Big Gay Al featured in article @ the truth about guns

Big Gay Al featured in article @ the truth about guns

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ng-gay-groups/

<snip> read the article on ttag for everything.

Big Gay Al sums up this movement on his Big Gay (Gun) Blog:
    I have to wonder, if this [gay bashing in NYC] would be going on, IF NYC didnt have such strict gun control laws. Mayor Bloomberg would have everyone believe that only the police and the military need firearms. Yet, Gays are getting pounded on more often now, than in the recent past.
    Any time Ive had a conversation with some anti-gun fanatic, and I ask them, What should I do if Im attacked? their stock answer is, Call the police. Like thats gonna keep me from getting my brains bashed in. I have to wonder, do they live in the real world, where the police usually show up AFTER the damage is done, or what.
    I have a Michigan Concealed Pistol License, and I carry every day. And even though, I can carry concealed, Ive jumped on the Open Carry bandwagon, and you know what, no one has attacked me yet. Now some might suggest its my size. I stand 6 feet 2 inches tall, and I weigh about 270 pounds. Yet others will suggest its the nickel plated .45 automatic pistol that I carry. I like to think its my charming manner that keeps people friendly toward me.
    In any event, everyone in the LGBT community should take a hint, protect yourself. Do whatever you have to, to stay alive.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ng-gay-groups/

<snip> read the article on ttag for everything.

Big Gay Al sums up this movement on his Big Gay (Gun) Blog:

I have a Michigan Concealed Pistol License, and I carry every day. And even though, I can carry concealed, Ive jumped on the Open Carry bandwagon, and you know what, no one has attacked me yet. Now some might suggest its my size. I stand 6 feet 2 inches tall, and I weigh about 270 pounds. Yet others will suggest its the nickel plated .45 automatic pistol that I carry. I like to think its my charming manner that keeps people friendly toward me.
    In any event, everyone in the LGBT community should take a hint, protect yourself. Do whatever you have to, to stay alive.
    OK; I'm going out to buy a new keyboard now; sorry I couldn't help it, danged coffee

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    OK; I'm going out to buy a new keyboard now; sorry I couldn't help it, danged coffee
    Sorry I missed what was funny... Of course some days I am just slow. What was it about the nickel plated 45? Now mind you mine is blue, but that is because I am cheap.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I believe Al carries a RIA 1911.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94fd38ae70c9d6475d61cdd28e0e.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	10475

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I believe Al carries a RIA 1911.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94fd38ae70c9d6475d61cdd28e0e.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	10475

Bronson
    I will have to go poking around at RIA website, is it nickel or stainless? We have one shiny gun, because the wife wanted it shiny when we bought it. To me it does not matter one way or the other, but it does make OC, much more OC.

Actually that is not totally accurate, two navies have silver plated grip frames, and four have brass grip frames, two have brass frames out of the navies. Both 49 pocket pistols have brass grip frames.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 05-28-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Nickel, AFAIK RIA doesn't offer stainless.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Sorry I missed what was funny... Of course some days I am just slow. What was it about the nickel plated 45? Now mind you mine is blue, but that is because I am cheap.

Sorry; only had half my morning requirement of coffee and still not hitting on all cylinders but "Big Gay Al, with a nickle .45" brought a flash of the biker from the Village People carrying a nickle 1911 in a skeletonised holster. Still have coffee in my sinuses.

I'm a sick and twisted individual; but I have learned to live with it.
    Last edited by F350; 05-28-2013 at 06:39 PM.