• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big Gay Al featured in article @ the truth about guns

lil_freak_66

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/frank-williams/guns-gain-ground-among-gay-groups/

<snip> read the article on ttag for everything.

Big Gay Al” sums up this movement on his “Big Gay (Gun) Blog:
I have to wonder, if this [gay bashing in NYC] would be going on, IF NYC didn’t have such strict gun control laws. Mayor Bloomberg would have everyone believe that only the police and the military need firearms. Yet, Gays are getting pounded on more often now, than in the recent past.
Any time I’ve had a conversation with some anti-gun fanatic, and I ask them, “What should I do if I’m attacked?” their stock answer is, “Call the police.” Like that’s gonna keep me from getting my brains bashed in. I have to wonder, do they live in the “real” world, where the police usually show up AFTER the damage is done, or what.
I have a Michigan Concealed Pistol License, and I carry every day. And even though, I can carry concealed, I’ve jumped on the Open Carry bandwagon, and you know what, no one has attacked me yet. Now some might suggest it’s my size. I stand 6 feet 2 inches tall, and I weigh about 270 pounds. Yet others will suggest it’s the nickel plated .45 automatic pistol that I carry. I like to think it’s my charming manner that keeps people friendly toward me.
In any event, everyone in the LGBT community should take a hint, protect yourself. Do whatever you have to, to stay alive.

F350

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/frank-williams/guns-gain-ground-among-gay-groups/

<snip> read the article on ttag for everything.

Big Gay Al” sums up this movement on his “Big Gay (Gun) Blog:

I have a Michigan Concealed Pistol License, and I carry every day. And even though, I can carry concealed, I’ve jumped on the Open Carry bandwagon, and you know what, no one has attacked me yet. Now some might suggest it’s my size. I stand 6 feet 2 inches tall, and I weigh about 270 pounds. Yet others will suggest it’s the nickel plated .45 automatic pistol that I carry. I like to think it’s my charming manner that keeps people friendly toward me.
In any event, everyone in the LGBT community should take a hint, protect yourself. Do whatever you have to, to stay alive.

OK; I'm going out to buy a new keyboard now; sorry I couldn't help it, danged coffee :D

WalkingWolf

OK; I'm going out to buy a new keyboard now; sorry I couldn't help it, danged coffee :D

Sorry I missed what was funny... Of course some days I am just slow. What was it about the nickel plated 45? Now mind you mine is blue, but that is because I am cheap.

WalkingWolf

I believe Al carries a RIA 1911.

View attachment 10475

Bronson

I will have to go poking around at RIA website, is it nickel or stainless? We have one shiny gun, because the wife wanted it shiny when we bought it. To me it does not matter one way or the other, but it does make OC, much more OC.

Actually that is not totally accurate, two navies have silver plated grip frames, and four have brass grip frames, two have brass frames out of the navies. Both 49 pocket pistols have brass grip frames.

Last edited:

F350

Sorry I missed what was funny... Of course some days I am just slow. What was it about the nickel plated 45? Now mind you mine is blue, but that is because I am cheap.

Sorry; only had half my morning requirement of coffee and still not hitting on all cylinders but "Big Gay Al, with a nickle .45" brought a flash of the biker from the Village People carrying a nickle 1911 in a skeletonised holster. Still have coffee in my sinuses.

I'm a sick and twisted individual; but I have learned to live with it.

Last edited: