• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge rules out Treyvon Martin's past

We-the-People

Did the jury witness this exchange? If they did the trial is not a fair trial. If she did that in front of the jury it WAS to PREJUDICE them because she knew full well GZ would not testify. She should be fired as a judge and disbarred for such stupid illegal behavior.

If GZ is found guilty of anything I have no doubts it will be overturned on appeal just for that performance alone.

Okay, according to Mark Levin, the exchange took place OUT of the view/hearing of the jury.

What outraged me was that she overruled the defense counsel objection before it was even stated, which is a large portion of Levin's rant.

77zach

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Looks like I'm right. Hope I'm wrong. A 10 year old could see in about 15 minutes the prosecution didn't overcome reasonable doubt yet the jury needs another day. Not good.

WalkingWolf

Looks like I'm right. Hope I'm wrong. A 10 year old could see in about 15 minutes the prosecution didn't overcome reasonable doubt yet the jury needs another day. Not good.

What time did they start deliberating, remember they have not discussed the case until both sides rest, and they are read instructions. And even if they have reached a verdict, it would be wise to wait until Monday to read the verdict.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

You might be right, coincidentally, but your reasoning deserves another:

Seriously, I can't fathom how someone as anti-statist as yourself can internally justify considering it "smart" to willfully avoid exercising the sole restraint on government power left to the people.

Furthermore, you earned the above by the implicit insult directed at myself and others like me.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Last edited:

77zach

You might be right, coincidentally, but your reasoning deserves another:

Seriously, I can't fathom how someone as anti-statist as yourself can internally justify considering it "smart" to willfully avoid exercising the sole restraint on government power left to the people.

Furthermore, you earned the above by the implicit insult directed at myself and others like me.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Lighten up francis, I'm halfway joking.

The probability anyone like you was called for jury duty on this case is extremely low.

77zach

What time did they start deliberating, remember they have not discussed the case until both sides rest, and they are read instructions. And even if they have reached a verdict, it would be wise to wait until Monday to read the verdict.

They started at about 2:30 and went to at least 6:30. That's about 3 hours and 45 minutes longer than it should have taken.

77zach

That's not very long at all.

No, it's not when compared with other trials. And to be fair, I was pleasantly surprised when some of my fellow Amerikans (sic) came back not guilty on the Casey Anthony case. The mother was a piece of trash but the jury came back with the right decision. Maybe they'll do it again here.

randian

And to be fair, I was pleasantly surprised when some of my fellow Amerikans (sic) came back not guilty on the Casey Anthony case. The mother was a piece of trash but the jury came back with the right decision. Maybe they'll do it again here.
Big difference between that case and this one: female defendants get a lot more benefit of the doubt than male defendants do.

KBCraig

Based on the testimony of the State's "Star Witness" you just described Zimmerman.

The star witness didn't see any of that, by either of them.

There was a fight. The only witnesses saw a fight in progress; none saw how it started. Remember that old schoolyard rule? They only see the one who hits back.

There is insufficient evidence to convict, but Zimmerman instigated the entire series f events. He's not innocent, except by this cocked up prosecution.

77zach

Only if you're a Barney Fife wannabe playing Batman.

You are joking right? The mere presence of the case last winter was enough to ensure no open carry bill was introduced in the Florida legislature. This case should have no bearing on our rights but state media will ensure that it always does.

Last edited:

77zach

2-3 of those gave me the gut feeling he is going to be acquitted.

Hopefully a hung jury. Not sure what the defense was thinking here, I'm sure they know better than me. I think acquittal is unlikely with the lady who thinks "training" requirements need to be tougher plus the Chi-town lady.

notalawyer

There was a fight. The only witnesses saw a fight in progress; none saw how it started. Remember that old schoolyard rule? They only see the one who hits back.

There is insufficient evidence to convict, but Zimmerman instigated the entire series f events. He's not innocent, except by this cocked up prosecution.

She confirmed, precisely, the events as described by Zimmerman. Except when she added (lied, again), for effect, the "get off, get off" comment.

There is insufficient evidence to convict
More precisely, there is ample evidence that Zimmerman acted in self-defense.

but Zimmerman instigated the entire series f events
Observing a suspicious person in your neighborhood is 'instigating'? In what world?

Last edited: