Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Doctors office in a tizzy after I left a copy of "American Rifleman" in waiting room

  1. #1
    Regular Member tomm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mke, ,
    Posts
    174

    Doctors office in a tizzy after I left a copy of "American Rifleman" in waiting room

    So I take my kids in for a well visit and leave behind an American Rifleman Mag in the waiting room. Three days later wifey gets a call about it. The office manager wants me to call her back. OMG the antis bundies are in a undle. Should I or shouldn't I? We do like the doctor.

  2. #2
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963 View Post
    So I take my kids in for a well visit and leave behind an American Rifleman Mag in the waiting room. Three days later wifey gets a call about it. The office manager wants me to call her back. OMG the antis bundies are in a undle. Should I or shouldn't I? We do like the doctor.
    I would find every copy of American Rifleman, guns and ammo, and every other magazine that involves the 2A and make sure they office has a steady supply....names and addresses cut out of course.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    "Sorry, doc. Because I can't stand reading the socialist pap in your waiting room while waiting for you to clear your deliberate overbooking, I usually bring my own. I must have forgotten to pick it up on my way out. Thanks for calling me, though. I've been wondering where I'd left it. Its got a great article on how more people die from medical mistakes than guns, so I was really hoping it wasn't lost. I'll be right over to pick it up."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    "Sorry, doc. Because I can't stand reading the socialist pap in your waiting room while waiting for you to clear your deliberate overbooking, I usually bring my own. I must have forgotten to pick it up on my way out. Thanks for calling me, though. I've been wondering where I'd left it. Its got a great article on how more people die from medical mistakes than guns, so I was really hoping it wasn't lost. I'll be right over to pick it up."
    +1, and I almost never do that.

    I'd ignore them for a while first, unless you really want it back because you left it accidentally. You might get lucky and someone will read it and be surprised there was nothing evil inside.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Should have told 'em that doctors have killed more people than you have ... with your rifle.

  6. #6
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    If they're calling with information about the kids, they would have told your wife.
    Anything else, blow them off, at least for a while.
    Heck, it took them 3 days to notice & be offended.
    (Though I do like Citizen's approach.)
    Let this be a lesson to you - always remove or scratch out your personal info when leaving magazines.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    If they're calling with information about the kids, they would have told your wife.
    Anything else, blow them off, at least for a while.
    Heck, it took them 3 days to notice & be offended.
    (Though I do like Citizen's approach.)
    Let this be a lesson to you - always remove or scratch out your personal info when leaving magazines.
    Ha Ha LOL I'll try it here. Somehow I am going to create a website in my area of gun friendly stores so people can take their pick and do business with those who respect the 2A. besides docs are in collusion with the anti 2As anyway. it is a health issue LOL!!!

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Ha Ha LOL I'll try it here. Somehow I am going to create a website in my area of gun friendly stores so people can take their pick and do business with those who respect the 2A. besides docs are in collusion with the anti 2As anyway. it is a health issue LOL!!!
    So are medical mistakes. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. When a doctor asks if there are guns in the home, just ask him how many medical mistakes he's made, explaining that more people die from medical mistakes every year than from guns. It would seem to be far more important to interview him about his experience, how many times he's made mistakes, whether he had a good night's sleep, and so forth.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    So are medical mistakes. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. When a doctor asks if there are guns in the home, just ask him how many medical mistakes he's made, explaining that more people die from medical mistakes every year than from guns. It would seem to be far more important to interview him about his experience, how many times he's made mistakes, whether he had a good night's sleep, and so forth.
    Very True!! They made on on my father in law.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    They should post a sign "No Gun Magazines Allowed on Premises" hahaha

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They should post a sign "No Gun Magazines Allowed on Premises" hahaha
    how about "No gun magazines with more than 10 pages".

    (7 pages in new york).

  12. #12
    Regular Member tomm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mke, ,
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you - always remove or scratch out your personal info when leaving magazines.
    Yeah well I actually did have the name covered with a Sharpie Magnum Permanent Marker with a false address label over that (made out to the doctors office of course). Some sleuth took the time to peal back the label and use a solvent to reveal the original name. Makes me giggle thinking about the amount of effort that was put into the detective work. This is an office located on the fashionable east side of MKE. The heart of leftyville. I am sure some tree hugging, Outpost shopping, Sheryl Crow one square wipe libtard went into an absolute freak as she paroozed the available reading material. Ahh the simple pleasures...
    Last edited by tomm1963; 05-29-2013 at 01:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    how about "No gun magazines with more than 10 pages".

    (7 pages in new york).
    Don't you people know it isn't the magazine nor the content of the magazine but the person that reads the magazines that is the problem. A magazine laying on the table is just a magazine until someone picks it up and reads it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963 View Post
    Yeah well I actually did have the name covered with a Sharpie Magnum Permanent Marker with a false address label over that (made out to the doctors office of course). Some sleuth took the time to peal back the label and use a solvent to reveal the original name. Makes me giggle thinking about the amount of effort that was put into the detective work. This is an office located on the fashionable east side of MKE. The heart of leftyville. I am sure some tree hugging, Outpost shopping, Carol Crow one square wipe libtard went into an absolute freak as she paroozed the available reading material. Ahh the simple pleasures...
    I like your idea, I think I will start printing out address labels with well known anti-gun activists and leave all my old magazines such as guns and ammo in doctors offices in liberal anti-gun neigborhoods.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Don't you people know it isn't the magazine nor the content of the magazine but the person that reads the magazines that is the problem. A magazine laying on the table is just a magazine until someone picks it up and reads it.
    True, magazines never hurt anyone by themselves. It takes a person to roll one up and hit you with it to cause injury.


  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    True, magazines never hurt anyone by themselves. It takes a person to roll one up and hit you with it to cause injury.
    Heh. I can hear Sarah Brady: "if that magazine only had 10 pages instead of 40, it wouldn't have hurt as much when he rolled it up and started hitting people with it!"

  17. #17
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider
    I am going to create a website in my area of gun friendly stores so people can take their pick and do business with those who respect the 2A.
    www.friendorfoe.us has existed for years & is nationally known & used
    Anybody can add a rating on a business.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963
    did have the name covered with a Sharpie Magnum Permanent Marker with a false address label over that (made out to the doctors office of course). Some sleuth took the time to peel back the label and use a solvent to reveal the original name.
    Good grief. They sure were determined to be offended.
    If the office policy is to not accept donations of reading material, I think they'd post a notice.

    When leaving magazines, I've always used a ballpoint pen to scribble lots of little loops across my info, usually followed up with a sharpie. Could also be cut out, depending on where it's placed. [ETA: where the personal info is placed on the magazine cover.]

    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites
    Heh. I can hear Sarah Brady: "if that magazine only had 10 pages instead of 40, it wouldn't have hurt as much when he rolled it up and started hitting people with it!"
    Fewer pages = fewer paper cuts too
    Of course, then it's not as effective at controlling / correcting the dog, but it's for safety donchaknow.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 05-29-2013 at 06:09 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    [QUOTE=MKEgal;1943913]www.friendorfoe.us has existed for years & is nationally known & used
    Anybody can add a rating on a business.


    Danken!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    how about "no gun magazines with more than 10 pages".

    (7 pages in new york).
    rofl

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963 View Post
    So I take my kids in for a well visit and leave behind an American Rifleman Mag in the waiting room. Three days later wifey gets a call about it. The office manager wants me to call her back.
    All I would say to them is "REALLY? REALLY? You're getting your bowels in an uproar over some stapled pieces of paper? Get a F[tasty word for making love]ING life! I've got some other pieces of paper that you might be interested in. It's called money! When I come to your office I'm there spending money. You remember money, don't you lefty? You like money, don't you? Everyone needs money. That's why it's called MONEY! Just throw the magazine away and continue with your pointless life if you don't like it. Next time maybe I'll leave a Hustler, or a zillion copies of Jehovah Witness crap. But don't call here again unless it's to confirm an appointment!!!!!!!" *CLICK!*

  21. #21
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Certified letter from attorney stating all non medically related communications must be submitted in writing through his office only.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glendale, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    147
    I hope I am not the only one who finds this funny. I have been doing the same thing at those officeís for at least 10 years, ok 5 at that building and 5 at the old one. But it is how found out one my favorite M.D. is a gun person.

    And I do it with the hope someone will ask a question or make a comment and it has started real conservations and twice I have actually handed the magazine to a person.


    Donít believe me donít believe the magazine do some research and find out for yourself.

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    OP, I would call the doctor and ask if this "office manager" has the authority to represent the office in this way.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  24. #24
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426

    Lightbulb drink alert

    I just realized that we're all making assumptions...
    Maybe the office gal wants to thank him for his contribution to the office reading material, and maybe even wants to ask if he knows any good instructors/ranges/shops in the area.

  25. #25
    Regular Member tomm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mke, ,
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I just realized that we're all making assumptions...
    Maybe the office gal wants to thank him for his contribution to the office reading material, and maybe even wants to ask if he knows any good instructors/ranges/shops in the area.

    Or not. They told my wife that they were concerned it was an office employee that had ordered the subscription and they had called a staff meeting to discuss the issue and identify the evil doer. Which after some effort was revealed to be me.
    Last edited by tomm1963; 05-31-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •