Thread: Open Carry planned in Madison on July 4th?

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Open Carry planned in Madison on July 4th?

Since Kokesh cancelled the July 4th Washington DC Open Carry March and instead is encouraging that people march on their State Capitols, is there any group planning a Wisconsin OC March for Independence Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Since Kokesh cancelled the July 4th Washington DC Open Carry March and instead is encouraging that people march on their State Capitols, is there any group planning a Wisconsin OC March for Independence Day?
    The Capitol Building is open from 8am to 6pm during the week, so Thursday July 4th shouldn't be any different. I would anticipate our rally would be outdoors, probably on the capitol square.

Here is the Wisconsin State Facilities access policy. http://www.doa.state.wi.us/docview.asp?docid=9038

Take a good look at Section I, subsection F, & G.

Also Section II.

The permit summary: http://www.doa.state.wi.us/docview.asp?docid=9039 indicates that a permit would probably be required if we "reasonably expect more than 100 people to attend". I think it will be difficult to qualify as a spontaneous event. (less than 3 days of planning and notifications made)
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Open Carry March

I'll attend if I don't have to work that day, so far thats two people, don't look like you'll need a permit at this point. LOL

Don

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    I'll attend if I don't have to work that day, so far thats two people, don't look like you'll need a permit at this point. LOL

Don
    We could keep changing hats, so we would look like a lot of different people!

Count me in, just understand we can NOT enter the building are we showing up with pistols or am I bringin the AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
    Count me in, just understand we can NOT enter the building are we showing up with pistols or am I bringin the AR?
    I would suggest pistols. Those with coverup/concealment capability and an accepted CCW permit/license can go in the building.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Any word yet if a 2A group is organizing an official rally?

Bring the AR, if there is a rally I will bring my AK as well as my Glock. Not everyone has handguns we cant limit who brings what.

The Yellow Cat will be heading back to Utah, but I will be thinking of you guys and expect a full report.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

What time is the OC march

I have to work 6:00 am to 2:00 pm that day, what time are we gathering to see if I can make it?

How did the madison OC go
    Off topic: I missed the June deadline in sending for the Utah permit. Can I still send it a few days past or are they going to refuse it?