• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brits want handgun ban repelled

Jacks1911

I never have & never will assign any validity to polls, surveys or any of the like. Most people who participate in these things have an agenda that's biased towards or against the issue. All other people just ignore it and don't participate so you'll never know what they think thus invalidating the poll.
The old adage "liars figure and figures lie" has never been more true. Just look at the performance of political campaign polls. This is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Properly conducted polls with carefully worded, unbiased questions have proven to be exceptionally reliable.

There is no question but that some polls are slanted to give the answer desired - particularly those run by people with an agenda.