Thread: LA Dem Party Chair: Those Who Oppose Obamacare Are Racist

Ohio, USA

LA Dem Party Chair: Those Who Oppose Obamacare Are Racist!

Louisiana Democratic Senator Peterson goes on a rant about why people hate obamacare.

"It's about race. I know nobody wants to talk about that. It's about the race of this African-American president."
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    It is no different than many arguments made here.

If you can reframe the opponents argument into something silly, you can dismantle it easily and appear to "win" the discussion. It is called a "strawman" argument.

If you don't like it when others do it, carefully examine how you argue and make sure you don't use strawmen.

Just a nickel's worth of free advice. Use it or don't. It's up to you.

Note: This post is not directed at any particular "you." We all need to examine what we do regularly and always kick things up a notch.

earth's crust
    isn't obamalama as much white as he is black? So...what kinda a racist am I ? Against whites? Against blacks? Nah ... I'm against the gov't taxing me for simply existing...

Greater Eastside Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I have been informed by numerous black people and many liberals that Obama is black. When I ask why he isn't white they call me a racist.

So.....Obama is black.
    He's an illegal immigrant, it does not matter what race claims him.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)