• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

idiot gun carrier @ Disney

OC for ME

I am conflicted given the information regarding the status of WDW being private property or something other. I will err on the side of respecting the wishes of the person(s) in control of the property. It is of utmost importance that a citizen respect the rights of a property owner......that is if we OCers desire our rights to carry as we see fit to be respected in return.

As to losing his pistol.....place the citizen under the lash for five strokes and three days bread and water.

eye95

If there is anything in the world I'm not worried about, it's whether or not I have your respect, or the respect of anyone frankly. All that is required for me to live my life without interference is to follow the law. I also don't acknowledge property rights when the property is not strictly private. If someone decides to open a business and invite the general public then they should be the ones respecting the rights of the patrons, not the other way around. Either way, in Alabama, they have the right to make up whatever policies they wish, and I have the right to ignore it until such a time where the owner or manager asks me to leave the property. As long as I follow their verbal requests I am within the law and couldn't care less about anything else.

But it is OK for you to interfere with the rights of others by carrying on their property against their expressed wishes?

I am sure that you don't care a whit about what I think on the matter. Not to be tedious, but I don't care that you don't care. I am making this point for the adults out there who care about their own Liberty as well as the Liberty of others. It is they to whom I am writing. You do what you will. I expect it will bite you in the ass someday. That would be poetic justice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

I am conflicted given the information regarding the status of WDW being private property or something other. I will err on the side of respecting the wishes of the person(s) in control of the property. It is of utmost importance that a citizen respect the rights of a property owner......that is if we OCers desire our rights to carry as we see fit to be respected in return.

As to losing his pistol.....place the citizen under the lash for five strokes and three days bread and water.

I don't know that the information that we are getting is precise, but it the private entity that is WDW has been granted some quasi-governmental status, then that should carry ALL of the responsibilities of being a full governmental entity. If that means that they are pre-empted, then they lose the authority to deny carry.

I don't recommend carrying there until and unless this has been resolved by a court. Any volunteers to be the test case?

<o>

EMNofSeattle

Geez Eye, "we don't know if the information is precise"

I specifically named the government entities, MKE gal posted links to them,

and Reedy Creek Improvement District even maintains their own website!

http://www.rcid.org/About.aspx

The district was created just to support disneyland and to zone any competing businesses to their vendors away from the resort, as well as getting capital by issuing municipal bonds, this is all public record, not just something I came up with.

Last edited:

eye95

Geez Eye, "we don't know if the information is precise"

I specifically named the government entities, MKE gal posted links to them,

and Reedy Creek Improvement District even maintains their own website!

http://www.rcid.org/About.aspx

The district was created just to support disneyland and to zone any competing businesses to their vendors away from the resort, as well as getting capital by issuing municipal bonds, this is all public record, not just something I came up with.

I don't know that they are governmental agencies and that the land is governmentally owned. I don't know if they exercise police authority over folks who visit there. This quasi-governmental thing creates a fog that cries out for legal clarity. I don't see any of that yet.

Someone needs to be arrested for carrying at WDW and refusing to disarm or leave, claiming that this is governmentally-owned property that does not prohibit carry by law. Care to volunteer? Until you do, I lump your claim with those that say you don't need a driver's license, or an automobile registration, or to pay income taxes, or any of those other brash claims about the law that the claimants aren't willing to back up by being the test case.

<o>

EMNofSeattle

I don't know that they are governmental agencies and that the land is governmentally owned. I don't know if they exercise police authority over folks who visit there. This quasi-governmental thing creates a fog that cries out for legal clarity. I don't see any of that yet.

Someone needs to be arrested for carrying at WDW and refusing to disarm or leave, claiming that this is governmentally-owned property that does not prohibit carry by law. Care to volunteer? Until you do, I lump your claim with those that say you don't need a driver's license, or an automobile registration, or to pay income taxes, or any of those other brash claims about the law that the claimants aren't willing to back up by being the test case.

<o>

I have nothing against testing this. I'd only have to be asked to leave.

the real issue is 1) I live 4000 miles away and 2)
Florida law, if I remember correctly, bans open carry, meaning i'd have to a recognized license, THEN I'd have to go to WDW, then I'd have to do something stupid to get myself noticed by security and searched, and at that point a DA will argue brandishing... Simple trespass is a misdemeanor, but blowing open your jacket to show off your gun can get you arrested in the Gunshine state, regardless of property arguments...

I don't argue I don't need a DL, my vehicle is legally registered, I have a Driver's license.

Last edited:

eye95

My point is that I laugh off legal claims that someone is unwilling (or unable, I don't care) to back up with action.

macbething is pathetic.

<o>

EMNofSeattle

My point is that I laugh off legal claims that someone is unwilling (or unable, I don't care) to back up with action.

macbething is pathetic.

<o>

How am I macbething? it's not macbething if your theory is at least somewhat credible. Macbeth would say he can sell pistols in disneyland from his home state while saying he had filed a notice of trespass with security or something like that, give me some credit here.

eye95

How am I macbething? it's not macbething if your theory is at least somewhat credible. Macbeth would say he can sell pistols in disneyland from his home state while saying he had filed a notice of trespass with security or something like that, give me some credit here.

I'll give you that. I was way too harsh.

I owe you one. There was no justifying that comparison.

*hangs head in shame*

<o>

Resto Guy

No complaints about the finger print imaging??

That's where I draw the line with WDW. Imagine paying for your ticket at the park entrance, and then being told they need an index fingerprint before you can advance through the turnstiles with your paid-for ticket.
Been there, done it, and had security called because I raised so much Hell at the turnstyle. I was the only one in a group of eight to not play the game as asked.
Because of a prior job on a government installation and gun related permit requirements, my prints are on file with numerous agencies. I don't need WDW tracking me too. Pay with a credit card or debit, have your retinas scanned, facial recognition, and move along to our finger print section. Yes sir, it is for your protection and you stay anonymous! Smile for Mickey!
Screw WDW, never will they see a nickle of mine again.

ADobbs1989

But it is OK for you to interfere with the rights of others by carrying on their property against their expressed wishes?

I am sure that you don't care a whit about what I think on the matter. Not to be tedious, but I don't care that you don't care. I am making this point for the adults out there who care about their own Liberty as well as the Liberty of others. It is they to whom I am writing. You do what you will. I expect it will bite you in the ass someday. That would be poetic justice.

<o>

Businesses in Alabama are not considered to be strictly private property. They are defined as a "public place", why should my rights be subverted while in a public place? Why not turn the question around and ask why should they think their property rights should overrule my 2nd Amendment rights? Regardless of the argument, I am doing nothing but following the law, and in no way can that "bite me in the ass". If I lived in a state where signs carried the legal weight of law, then I would pay attention and look for signs. Since I do not, I don't look, I don't ask, I just do. They are required by law to ask me to leave if they wish for me to not be there. I have yet to be asked to leave any place, including malls that are nearly always posted. Except for the one time I was asked to leave wal-mart even though corporate policy allows it, cleared that up the next day after talking to the manager and have yet to have another problem, also haven't seen the person who ran me out anymore.

eye95

Why? Because it is still their private property.

But you have established over and over again that you don't care a whit about the rights of others. You only selfishly care about what you can do.

Anyway, I have made my point and exposed what you are. No need for further interaction with you on this topic, so...

Moving on.

<o>

ADobbs1989

Why? Because it is still their private property.

But you have established over and over again that you don't care a whit about the rights of others. You only selfishly care about what you can do.

Anyway, I have made my point and exposed what you are. No need for further interaction with you on this topic, so...

Moving on.

<o>

You didn't "expose" anything. I will willingly admit that I will do whatever I want, when I want, and where I want, and as long as I'm not breaking any laws, then everyone who doesn't like it can blow it out their ass. ;)