Thread: Gun sell-back, some buyback, some seized, will raise money for St. Charles, Ill.

Gun sell-back, some buyback, some seized, will raise money for St. Charles, Ill.

" while some Chicago-area communities host buybacks where weapons are turned in and destroyed, one suburban police department is poised to sell about 20 firearms to two licensed dealers, including some guns seized from criminals.

"There's value in these guns," said police Chief James Lamkin of west suburban St. Charles. "They're not illegal guns. Quite honestly, it's a bottom line for us."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7256401.story
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Sorry Night - "registration required".As close as they are to Shicago, don't you think Rahm has to be really P.O.'d
    Look to your cookies. I am not - wouldn't - register and see it fine.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Activist Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Look to your cookies. I am not - wouldn't - register and see it fine.
    I don't know what the problem is but the first time I used the link provided it asked me to register. I did a quick Google search and found the same article, but without being asked to register. I came back today to see if anybody else had the problem. Seeing as they did I checked the link provided again only to find it didn't prompt me to register this time. Stranger things have happened that I don't claim to understand or care to figure out at this point.

I didn't have to login / sign-up, but it did kick me to the home page when I closed the register pop-up.

I did find this gem on the home page... OT, but interesting: llinois Ceasefire director - domestic abuse charges
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien