• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Lawyers in TN?

Primus

I would very much like to hear what Sgt Scott has to say about this, As well as any other cops on this forum. I have gotten quite a few responses from the lawyers I contacted, and of course, after the fact, I have been told many times that I was wronged, but that it doesnt matter now, as the charges have been dropped. None of these lawyers would even return my calls beforehand, so I found that a bit...funny. But I digress. I would very much like to have some input from the cops here regarding what happened, see if any of them can offer logical justifications for what the cops here did.

Well to start... do you or did you have a permit?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

independence

Well to start... do you or did you have a permit?

According to this post, he is a permit holder:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1894213

Although I am also a permit holder myself, I actually believe that the permit process is tyrannical and that the 2A should suffice as a permit. I'm not going to presume you would, but if you would make a judgment call on the situation based on whether he has a permit or not then you are coming at it from a tyrannical mindset in the first place, which would cloud your ability to provide constructive commentary.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

Primus

According to this post, he is a permit holder:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1894213

Although I am also a permit holder myself, I actually believe that the permit process is tyrannical and that the 2A should suffice as a permit. I'm not going to presume you would, but if you would make a judgment call on the situation based on whether he has a permit or not then you are coming at it from a tyrannical mindset in the first place, which would cloud your ability to provide constructive commentary.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

? What? He wanted info. Needs info to get info. Many have mentioned you need a permit to legally carry guns in your car. So I'm asking of he had a permit to have said shotgun and the slew of other guns loaded (but none in chamber) in his car.

Easy with the tyranny. He asked for an opinion and I won't give one until I know the facts.

Also, he seemed to want to know a LEGAL opinion. So whether you have a permit can/does mean a lot. Calling something tyrannical is political opinion, which isn't what he SEEMED to ask for.

Best part... if I disagree the its not constructive? Hmmmm..... seems wrong on many levels.

HPmatt

How about a post of the police report with redactions, county judge & DA contact information, a few other things of interest to look into. You guys have any newspapers in the county that seek the truth?

independence

? What? He wanted info. Needs info to get info. Many have mentioned you need a permit to legally carry guns in your car. So I'm asking of he had a permit to have said shotgun and the slew of other guns loaded (but none in chamber) in his car.

Easy with the tyranny. He asked for an opinion and I won't give one until I know the facts.

Also, he seemed to want to know a LEGAL opinion. So whether you have a permit can/does mean a lot. Calling something tyrannical is political opinion, which isn't what he SEEMED to ask for.

Best part... if I disagree the its not constructive? Hmmmm..... seems wrong on many levels.

Fair enough.

As I said...

I'm **not** going to presume you would, but **if** you would

Primus

How about a post of the police report with redactions, county judge & DA contact information, a few other things of interest to look into. You guys have any newspapers in the county that seek the truth?

Nailed it.. like to see report at least to see the "other" side. It should include any witness statments

Fuller Malarkey

Are you permitted to dispense legal advice? If so, please provide a document pertaining to your legal standing to do so. As you know, practicing without a license, dispensing legal advice, is a crime. If you are appealing to authority by virtue of having been issued a badge, identifying the issuing department would be appropriate.

This helps bring some transparency to you and any possible agenda you might have that could entrap and create a lifetime of hardship for someone not savvy enough to recognize a con when they see one. Or you just might be the reincarnate of Johnnie Cochran. Let's just end the suspense and put up the goods, m'k? If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to be afraid of....

Last edited:

Primus

Are you permitted to dispense legal advice? If so, please provide a document pertaining to your legal standing to do so. As you know, practicing without a license, dispensing legal advice, is a crime. If you are appealing to authority by virtue of having been issued a badge, identifying the issuing department would be appropriate.

This helps bring some transparency to you and any possible agenda you might have that could entrap and create a lifetime of hardship for someone not savvy enough to recognize a con when they see one. Or you just might be the reincarnate of Johnnie Cochran. Let's just end the suspense and put up the goods, m'k? If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to be afraid of....

Lmao...

Fuller if you spent 1/10th the effort you do at meaningless posts like this at say.... curing cancer... it'd be gone. Tomorrow.

Ready... wait for it.... you bolded LEGAL OPINION.... he ASKED FOR AN OPINION. Lol you don't need a license for an opinion. The case is done so there not much to "advise" him on.

So everything you just posted was just a waste of space...

Do not pass go... do not collect 200.00.......

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You do not need a law license to give an opinion on legal matters.

To accept compensation for such opinions is where the road gets rough.

RikuNoganashi

To answer your question Primus, Yes, I do have a valid permit, I will post the police report as soon as I can find where I put it. I do not have any witness statements because the cops did not take any. Or if they did, they didnt release them to my lawyer when he filed for them.