• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knockout game fatally injures another victim

HP995

Gruesome attack:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/knockout-game-victims-eye-kicked-out-of-socket/

Yes, I noticed the victim was an ex-con that did bad things himself, but victims are chosen pretty much at random/opportunity so that's the luck of the draw.

If reports are correct, some of the kids involved were quite young. Perhaps that's a factor in victims getting caught by surprise. This guy was also drinking a bit and they came from the side. After the initial hit, they ganged up to deliver fatal injuries. His money was left alone.

What do you think about your chances with this type of attack? If you CC, obviously it depends on whether you are surprised and if so, whether you are still conscious and mindful enough after the initial hit, because the goal is to hit hard and unexpectedly. With OC hopefully an attack would be prevented altogether by the visible weapon, and people who OC are more aware, but if attacked from the side or behind at the wrong moment, who knows? If unarmed...RIP.

HP995

Draw before the threat becomes a strike.

I hear you, but the Knockout game officially involves surprise, by its nature. The weapons are fists, and the attack generally comes from a kid or teen that breaks away from a group of kids at short range from the victim, and sometimes from side or behind. It can be spontaneous, so even the other members of the group don't know beforehand that an attack will happen.

So, unless the group shows warning signs, you'd have to draw on every group of kids that looked a bit suspicious. I don't see that being feasible.

But about vigilance and awareness, I agree. Be careful about roaming groups of certain types of kids, keep distance from rowdy groups, and be ready if they launch an attack!

MKEgal

Wish I could find something from the Syracuse media, a regular story.
police chief ... equated the predators with the victim: The killing “has probably cost three people their lives. Mr. Daniels, who died as a result of this. And these young people who are going to have to face our criminal justice system... And that is going to have a lifelong effect on each one of them.”
Even the chief can't see the difference between a completely innocent man waiting for a bus and the vicious thugs who decided to attack him & beat him to death.

And one commenter is quoted as saying:
“When will we address the poverty and racism that produced children who commit such a terrible crime? Where is the community outrage? Why do we allow these crimes to persist?”
At least s/he sees that it's racism which caused them to commit this crime, but it sounds like s/he thinks it's the fault of the victim & "society", not the family which raised the thugs & the thugs themselves.

In this article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...he-sickening-game-claiming-lives-country.html
Reports from across the country – including Massachusetts, New Jersey and Chicago – have identified victims as immigrants, elderly and often alone.

Do be sure to note, please, that all 3 places mentioned have draconian laws controlling citizens' access to self-defense tools.

I went to the store and saw a group of kids who looked out of place, suspicious, but I shrugged it off.
There's part of the problem - listen to that feeling.

Experts believe the phenomenon is driven by a thirst for attention.
‘We know that juveniles don't think out consequences clearly,’ Beth Huebner, an associate professor of criminology at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, told the Associated Press.
‘They see something on YouTube and say, “I want to get that sort of attention, too.” They don't think about the person they're attacking maybe hitting their head.'
And there's part of the problem - these thugs know exactly what they're doing. They want to harm people, they set out to harm people, they enjoy harming people.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/co...ar-beatings-reported-2008.html?nomobile=false
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2010-09-28/former-tv-weatherman-victim-unprovoked-attack.html
And this is interesting, in a sort of morbid way: http://www.thugreport.com/

Firearms Iinstuctor

Situational awareness is a huge factor in these types of attack. Most of time if the attackers see that your aware and know what is going on they leave you alone.

Drawing before a threat is made is a good way to get arrested. A group of people is not a threat until they prove to be sudden blind attacks are very hard to protect against. That's why a sucker punch is so effective.

Being aware letting the group know that you see then then moving into a some what defensive position or a fully defensive position depending if the threat develops.

This could be from taking a defensive stance, to moving to cover, issuing commands to stay away, drawing your weapon.

It all depends on how things progress.

Not getting blind sided is the best defense in these situations.

Freedom1Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0SbPxsK5s

this is how its usually "played" ... of course only a total POS would be involved with this ...

Oh no, that camera lied about who assaulted who..... /sarcasm

I don't know what is scarier, the fact that is is happening or the fact that the corporate media wants to cover up they fact it's a racially motivated hate crime.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

How many open carriers have these thugs attacked? By my count, zero.

Of course not THUGS (of all colors) like easy prey. They don't want any extra holes in themselves at the end of their busy days/nights just others. I don't know what they'll do the first time they run into someone who's well armed and knows how to defend themselves...oh wait, yes I do...bleed alot! Funny how this happens in places like: NY, IL, CA are not they supposed to be the safest places because of their strict gun control laws? I'm baffled, totally baffled.:rolleyes:

Superlite27

And there's part of the problem - these thugs know exactly what they're doing. They want to harm people, they set out to harm people, they enjoy harming people.

I disagree. (Not that their actions are any less heinous, just that I believe your analysis of it is faulty.)

They don't have a clue what they're doing. They don't have any idea. They're not doing it to harm people. They're not intentionally trying to kill them. Their purpose has nothing to do with the victims, or anything pertaining to the consequences or effects on the victim, whatsoever.

They don't care.

They want the attention, feel like being "cool", or are pulling the urban equivalent of "Here, hold my beer. Watch this $#!T".

The only thing they are seeking is an end result of a person being unconscious. The person, that person's condition (other than unconsciousness) or the morality of their actions is irrellevant to them. Not part of the equation. Consequences? Who cares? Just...."Watch this!". That's it. They aren't setting out to harm people. They don't do it for the enjoyment of harming people. Awareness of the harm they cause doesn't even enter their minds. To do so would argue against sociopathy, as it would acknowlege even the existence of considering the consequences of their actions on another human being. (Harmful actions, in this case.)

Sociopaths don't feel anything for others. Complete lack of empathy, both good and bad.

IMO: The "knockout game" is something that is probably participated in primarily by sociopaths, with an occasional wannabe sociopath tossed in, here and there.

...and as sociopaths lack empathy, a quality that makes us human........I don't really view them as humans. To me, the life of a sociopath is as about as valuable as a toaster, or an office chair: other things that have no capacity for empathy.

I am extremely "anti-death penalty"....for humans.

......but for sociopaths? Cook 'em.

The best way to deal with a sociopath is to return the favor.

Does this, ironically, make me one, as well? I don't think so, as I have the capacity for empathy, and choose to hold a sociopathic outlook on sociopaths, alone.

Last edited:

eye95

Of course not THUGS (of all colors) like easy prey. They don't want any extra holes in themselves at the end of their busy days/nights just others. I don't know what they'll do the first time they run into someone who's well armed and knows how to defend themselves...oh wait, yes I do...bleed alot! Funny how this happens in places like: NY, IL, CA are not they supposed to be the safest places because of their strict gun control laws? I'm baffled, totally baffled.:rolleyes:

While this is true, do not let it cloud the fact that these incidents are racially motivated by blacks on whites.