Thread: A nice day for a walk! Portland Encounters.

Lyman, Maine

A nice day for a walk! Portland Encounters.

Good news from Portland today. Walked for a couple hours in downtown. Had a few people stop and talk to me. One couple eating at an outside restaurant asked if there was anything going on because I was the third OCer he'd recently seen. I told him it's Maine, expect it and told him I'd rather deter a criminal with an openly carried weapon than be targeted with a CC'd weapon and have to use it. He smiled. Pleasant encounter. I passed by a parked police car. The officer said, "Hey, whatcha got, 17?" I said, "nope, 19" He nodded, I waved and left. Good encounter. Great job PPD. A Portland city bus driver approached me and said he'd seen my videos. He shook my hand and thanked me for what I was doing. He said he often carries a .380, but isn't allowed to while working. Good for him!!! We talked for about 5 minutes, he said he's trying to get another rally going in Monument square. :-)

What a great day! I got absolutely NO negative attention and 3 positive encounters.

Secret Bunker

Re: A nice day for a walk! Portland Encounters.

+1 Cool!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Orono, ME

Re: A nice day for a walk! Portland Encounters.

Awesome. Good to hear good encounters in Portland.

I'll be in Augusta Saturday for a USPSA match plan to go for a walk after.

Sent from the back of a black van

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Great day, indeed!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.