Thread: stand alone government restrooms.

stand alone government restrooms.

I was searching keywords "bathroom" and "restroom" in the statutes and could find nothing related to carry. I thought WI relaxed the prohibition in parks for stand alone restrooms with no other function. I notices several parks and facilities posted in the Lake Geneva/Williams bay/Fontana area.

Did I conjure this up or can someone point me in the right direction where to find the specific provision?

You will find nothing that pertains to bathrooms. Prior to Act 35, all buildings owned by a political subdivision was statutorily prohibited. What WE we wanting was for pavilions and bathrooms in parks to be exempted. What happened was that only specific buildings, or area of a building, was prohibited so that 'going armed' into most public buildings was legal. The prohibition, by statute, had eliminated for most public buildings, BUT under the trespass law, any of the buildings could be posted still. It then becomes a trespass forfeiture, not a Class A Misdemeanor. I am going totally of memory. And for some reason, my shift key is disabled when in this forum, so it's all one block of text.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    I was searching keywords "bathroom" and "restroom" in the statutes and could find nothing related to carry. I thought WI relaxed the prohibition in parks for stand alone restrooms with no other function. I notices several parks and facilities posted in the Lake Geneva/Williams bay/Fontana area.

Did I conjure this up or can someone point me in the right direction where to find the specific provision?
    If you do not have a license you are prohibited from going armed into any building owned by the State or any political subdivision of the State to include an outhouse, pavilion, shelter, etc..
    If you are a licensee, they may still post these buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    If you do not have a license you are prohibited from going armed into any building owned by the State or any political subdivision of the State to include an outhouse, pavilion, shelter, etc..
    If you are a licensee, they may still post these buildings.
    Thanks,

My wife won't like that because I will un-holster and hand her my gun for the duration of the visit.