Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Refusal of service because i had a firearm.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    24

    Refusal of service because i had a firearm.

    I have been to Louies bar and grill down off HWY51 and Lynn Lane serveral times (3x) with my firearm and had no problems. I didnt not see a gun buster sign on the front door when i entered. I was sitting in the restraunt area while early in the day when they serve food, one manager who is a less than intelligent person (i know a person that works at louies and everyone dislikes him) approached me and refused me service if i wanted to carry my firearm. I would have left immediately but i had people with me and had to stay. After the meal was over i approached him and explained to him that i have been granted the right to carry after months of background checks and scrutiney. He responded "its company policy." I responded "yes it is my right to carry, your right to deny me service, and my right to take my bussiness elsewhere." "I will never return to this establishment." Louies Bar and Grill is own by Hal Smith Restraunt group and I plan to visit the other stores and see their policies and to contact Hal Smith Corporate about this issue. Please help with sharing previous experiences or by contacting Hal Smith to get this policy changed, (if that truely is their policy.)

    this is the website.
    http://louies.ehsrg.com/

    this is location i was at.
    1640 N. 9th St.
    Broken Arrow, ok
    (918) 355-0421

    Manager: John Tatum
    Last edited by pierceddwes; 06-02-2013 at 05:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Norman
    Posts
    2

    Louie's

    The Louie's in Norman has a gun buster sign on their door.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    I woulda thought refusing service for OC in Oklahoma would be a little like refusing service for wearing cowboy boots in Texas--an economically unwise business decision.
    Last edited by Citizen; 06-02-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  4. #4
    Regular Member okiephlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    420
    Right after Nov. 1st, they were posted as "NO firearms". I had read on here somewhere that they had relented and were allowing carry. I went back a few weeks ago and the sign was out of the way and said something to the effect of "no open carry". I didn't stick around and haven't been back.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    24
    I went to one other Hal Smith restraunts today. I arrived at the door of KrispyKreme on 71st and HWY169 and they did not have gun buster signs on either entrance.

  6. #6
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Unfortunately, the 2A is not treated as a protected civil right.
    Please add your experience to the rating available at www.friendorfoe.us
    Another tactic that's often effective is to send receipts from buying things at other stores or restaurants & say "this is how much of my money you lost because of your no carry policy, as told to me by _________ (name of employee)".
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    24
    I just spoke to Debbie from corporate HR at Hal Smith. They allow carry just concealed, they do not allow open carry. This is in ALL Hal Smith restraunts... check Hal Smith website for their list of restraunts.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by pierceddwes View Post
    I just spoke to Debbie from corporate HR at Hal Smith. They allow carry just concealed, they do not allow open carry. This is in ALL Hal Smith restraunts... check Hal Smith website for their list of restraunts.
    This is so goofy. We want only people with hidden items, like guns, where we can't see them, for customers. I suppose I could imagine that in some places CHL means a person was vetted by the State, whereas OC is without licensing, but I seriously doubt they're that aware. Thanks for the update.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    This is so goofy. We want only people with hidden items, like guns, where we can't see them, for customers. I suppose I could imagine that in some places CHL means a person was vetted by the State, whereas OC is without licensing, but I seriously doubt they're that aware. Thanks for the update.
    Not in Oklahoma. Here you have to be vetted by the state to OC or CC.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Across the country people have been sold a bill of goods that concealed carry is good, and open carry is bad. This has been done by our so called organizations that claim they are second amendment. It took them years to accomplish this goal, it will take years to undo what they did. Every member who supports OC should pull their membership and money from these organizations.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member Black_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    On The Border in AZ
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Unfortunately, the 2A is not treated as a protected civil right.
    Please add your experience to the rating available at www.friendorfoe.us
    Another tactic that's often effective is to send receipts from buying things at other stores or restaurants & say "this is how much of my money you lost because of your no carry policy, as told to me by _________ (name of employee)".
    This.

    It is amazing how the same group of people that want to equate every "proposed right" will justify denying rights to others.

    Imagine a business that had a "policy" of not doing business with Muslims, gays or (insert whatever group here) would fare legally?

    Tolerance is not very tolerant.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponca City, OK
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    This.

    It is amazing how the same group of people that want to equate every "proposed right" will justify denying rights to others.

    Imagine a business that had a "policy" of not doing business with Muslims, gays or (insert whatever group here) would fare legally?

    Tolerance is not very tolerant.
    Well, life's not fair. How fast would Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have me dragged to court if I formed the NAAWP? And yet the NAACP and UNCF are perfectly fine. The world's nuts...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tulsa,Ok
    Posts
    20
    We've gone to Chimi's a dozen times. OC'd every time. No problems. Went a couple weeks ago, and the manager had a problem with it, and she asked me to leave it in my car. When I asked about a sign she said, "I just haven't gotten around to puttin one up yet"

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tulsa,Ok
    Posts
    20
    Good thing I carry my n82 conceal carry holster everywhere with me though. lol

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Across the country people have been sold a bill of goods that concealed carry is good, and open carry is bad. This has been done by our so called organizations that claim they are second amendment. It took them years to accomplish this goal, it will take years to undo what they did. Every member who supports OC should pull their membership and money from these organizations.
    Was part of their "cooperation" BS ... there can be NO DEALS with the antis ... make one and your become what you hate, an ANTI
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-11-2013 at 08:31 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertrapped View Post
    Good thing I carry my n82 conceal carry holster everywhere with me though. lol
    I won't cover for anyone... I'll leave... and tell them why on the way out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •