• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Refusal of service because i had a firearm.

pierceddwes

I have been to Louies bar and grill down off HWY51 and Lynn Lane serveral times (3x) with my firearm and had no problems. I didnt not see a gun buster sign on the front door when i entered. I was sitting in the restraunt area while early in the day when they serve food, one manager who is a less than intelligent person (i know a person that works at louies and everyone dislikes him) approached me and refused me service if i wanted to carry my firearm. I would have left immediately but i had people with me and had to stay. After the meal was over i approached him and explained to him that i have been granted the right to carry after months of background checks and scrutiney. He responded "its company policy." I responded "yes it is my right to carry, your right to deny me service, and my right to take my bussiness elsewhere." "I will never return to this establishment." Louies Bar and Grill is own by Hal Smith Restraunt group and I plan to visit the other stores and see their policies and to contact Hal Smith Corporate about this issue. Please help with sharing previous experiences or by contacting Hal Smith to get this policy changed, (if that truely is their policy.)

this is the website.
http://louies.ehsrg.com/

this is location i was at.
1640 N. 9th St.
Broken Arrow, ok
(918) 355-0421

Manager: John Tatum

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I woulda thought refusing service for OC in Oklahoma would be a little like refusing service for wearing cowboy boots in Texas--an economically unwise business decision.

Last edited:

okiephlyer

Right after Nov. 1st, they were posted as "NO firearms". I had read on here somewhere that they had relented and were allowing carry. I went back a few weeks ago and the sign was out of the way and said something to the effect of "no open carry". I didn't stick around and haven't been back.

pierceddwes

I went to one other Hal Smith restraunts today. I arrived at the door of KrispyKreme on 71st and HWY169 and they did not have gun buster signs on either entrance.

MKEgal

Unfortunately, the 2A is not treated as a protected civil right.
Please add your experience to the rating available at www.friendorfoe.us
Another tactic that's often effective is to send receipts from buying things at other stores or restaurants & say "this is how much of my money you lost because of your no carry policy, as told to me by _________ (name of employee)".

pierceddwes

I just spoke to Debbie from corporate HR at Hal Smith. They allow carry just concealed, they do not allow open carry. This is in ALL Hal Smith restraunts... check Hal Smith website for their list of restraunts.

Maverick9

I just spoke to Debbie from corporate HR at Hal Smith. They allow carry just concealed, they do not allow open carry. This is in ALL Hal Smith restraunts... check Hal Smith website for their list of restraunts.

This is so goofy. We want only people with hidden items, like guns, where we can't see them, for customers. I suppose I could imagine that in some places CHL means a person was vetted by the State, whereas OC is without licensing, but I seriously doubt they're that aware. Thanks for the update.

hrdware

This is so goofy. We want only people with hidden items, like guns, where we can't see them, for customers. I suppose I could imagine that in some places CHL means a person was vetted by the State, whereas OC is without licensing, but I seriously doubt they're that aware. Thanks for the update.

Not in Oklahoma. Here you have to be vetted by the state to OC or CC.

WalkingWolf

Across the country people have been sold a bill of goods that concealed carry is good, and open carry is bad. This has been done by our so called organizations that claim they are second amendment. It took them years to accomplish this goal, it will take years to undo what they did. Every member who supports OC should pull their membership and money from these organizations.

joanie

By allowing conceal carry they promote the idea that guns are bad and something to be hidden from the light of day. If people see the guns being carried in the open, it might make them see that it's not the evil thing they were raised to believe it is. Also they want to instill the idea that the 2ed amendment is a privladge not a right. Thats why they have you get a permit for it.

By getting a permit for conceal, you endorse the 2ed being a privladge. They will use it to ban guns all together.

Black_water

Unfortunately, the 2A is not treated as a protected civil right.
Please add your experience to the rating available at www.friendorfoe.us
Another tactic that's often effective is to send receipts from buying things at other stores or restaurants & say "this is how much of my money you lost because of your no carry policy, as told to me by _________ (name of employee)".

This.

It is amazing how the same group of people that want to equate every "proposed right" will justify denying rights to others.

Imagine a business that had a "policy" of not doing business with Muslims, gays or (insert whatever group here) would fare legally?

Tolerance is not very tolerant.

websterz

This.

It is amazing how the same group of people that want to equate every "proposed right" will justify denying rights to others.

Imagine a business that had a "policy" of not doing business with Muslims, gays or (insert whatever group here) would fare legally?

Tolerance is not very tolerant.

Well, life's not fair. How fast would Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have me dragged to court if I formed the NAAWP? :eek: And yet the NAACP and UNCF are perfectly fine. The world's nuts...

Supertrapped

We've gone to Chimi's a dozen times. OC'd every time. No problems. Went a couple weeks ago, and the manager had a problem with it, and she asked me to leave it in my car. When I asked about a sign she said, "I just haven't gotten around to puttin one up yet":uhoh:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Across the country people have been sold a bill of goods that concealed carry is good, and open carry is bad. This has been done by our so called organizations that claim they are second amendment. It took them years to accomplish this goal, it will take years to undo what they did. Every member who supports OC should pull their membership and money from these organizations.

Was part of their "cooperation" BS ... there can be NO DEALS with the antis ... make one and your become what you hate, an ANTI

Last edited: