Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Lautenberg reported to be dead .... that's too bad for fascism -

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Lautenberg reported to be dead .... that's too bad for fascism -

    http://news.yahoo.com/reports-senato...135546907.html


    I'll send a fart to commemorate his demise ...


    Who will Christi appoint?

  2. #2
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    I would remind you, Mr. McBeth, of John Donne's famous poem:

    No man is an island,
    Entire of itself,
    Every man is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thy friend's
    Or of thine own were:
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.

    Be a human so very foul, never rejoice at their death. I did not care for many of Mr. Lautenberg's pet laws, but in the end, he was a man who was undoubtedly loved and will be missed by others.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    So was Hitler .... look, only took 3 posts Ka-Pow !

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    We have choice here.

    We can take the high road and show some basic courtesy or we can act and talk like them.

    Won't be much difference between us though if we chose the latter.


    Glad to see that John Donne was credited with that poem which Hemingway "borrowed."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I would remind you, Mr. McBeth, of John Donne's famous poem:

    No man is an island,
    Entire of itself,
    Every man is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thy friend's
    Or of thine own were:
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.

    Be a human so very foul, never rejoice at their death. I did not care for many of Mr. Lautenberg's pet laws, but in the end, he was a man who was undoubtedly loved and will be missed by others.
    On most people, your admonishment would have great effect. Consider to whom you posted this. The only response his posts deserve is to have their idiocy pointed out.

    The irony is that, as useless as his posts are to this site, I would not cheer his death.

  6. #6
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    On most people, your admonishment would have great effect. Consider to whom you posted this. The only response his posts deserve is to have their idiocy pointed out.

    The irony is that, as useless as his posts are to this site, I would not cheer his death.
    Sad, but you're absolutely spot on, eye. Still, perhaps there is still a brain cell or two in his cranium that can respond to an appeal to the better side of his nature. One can only hope.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  7. #7
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241
    Name:  what_is_going_on_this_thread.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  24.4 KB
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    We must understand the loss his comrades feel. I mean Clinton, Bush, Obama, Christi, Feinstien, and others with miss him.

    Don't forget those who call themselves our fellow citizens who wanted nothing more than to be enjoy peacefully victimizing they fellow man, secure in the knowledge that Mr Lautenberg, wanted nothing more than to make their life of crime easier.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    SNIP Be a human so very foul, never rejoice at their death.
    Contrasted with the emotion underlying: "No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death."

    Suppression/repression/oppression engender fear and hopelessness. When the source ends, people quite naturally rejoice. Quite naturally.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Contrasted with the emotion underlying: "No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death."

    Suppression/repression/oppression engender fear and hopelessness. When the source ends, people quite naturally rejoice. Quite naturally.

    I have this to say, may people die a natural death. Quite naturally a knife through the heart, causes death.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    My condolences to his family.

    I fear that the current NJ governor will appoint a replacement that will not be any more friendly to the US Constitution than the man that he is replacing.

    The Honorable (Former) Senior Senator from NJ will not be missed by this citizen.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    He was just a typical Democrat that disrespected the Second Amendment, just like the typical Republican disrespects the First Amendment by trying to force religious beliefs into law for everyone else to abide by. Two sides to the same Constitution hating coin.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    I tend to believe that he and Teddy are enjoying some place hot.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  14. #14
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    <snip>just like the typical Republican disrespects the First Amendment by trying to force religious beliefs into law for everyone else to abide by. Two sides to the same Constitution hating coin.
    Democrats that disrespect the 1A by intimidating journalists, possibly in violation of existing law, is a far different issue from the issue you raise regarding republicans trying to enact laws that you decry.

    Yepper, those republicans sure are dastardly critters.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    My condolences to his family.

    I fear that the current NJ governor will appoint a replacement that will not be any more friendly to the US Constitution than the man that he is replacing.

    The Honorable (Former) Senior Senator from NJ will not be missed by this citizen.

    Mark Twain remarked about the death of man he despised (paraphrase): "I sent a nice note saying I would not be able to attend the funeral; but that I approved of it."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Mark Twain remarked about the death of man he despised (paraphrase): "I sent a nice note saying I would not be able to attend the funeral; but that I approved of it."
    Hah. Gotta remember that one.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Democrats that disrespect the 1A by intimidating journalists, possibly in violation of existing law, is a far different issue from the issue you raise regarding republicans trying to enact laws that you decry.

    Yepper, those republicans sure are dastardly critters.
    Both are illegal, both undermine the intention of the Constitution, and neither are respectable, nor should be respected by anyone who defend the Constitution.

  18. #18
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    Both are illegal, both undermine the intention of the Constitution, and neither are respectable, nor should be respected by anyone who defend the Constitution.
    Only one is illegal, my example. Your example is not illegal because no law exists that substantiates your fears regarding forced religious views.

    Liberals are predictable.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    ...those republicans sure are dastardly critters.
    Most assuredly.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484

    Lautenberg reported to be dead .... that's too bad for fascism -

    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Only one is illegal, my example. Your example is not illegal because no law exists that substantiates your fears regarding forced religious views.

    Liberals are predictable.
    Except for idk it being illegal in most places for gays to marry? Laws on the books that don't allow atheists to hold office? Intelligent design trying to be forced into public schools? Religious nuts constantly trying to force their religious views into the government? It happens constantly you just don't realize it because you are probably one of the ones doing it.

  21. #21
    Regular Member CharleyCherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WesternKy
    Posts
    294
    Name one place where it's illegal for gays to marry? I've yet to hear of a gay couple being arrested or fined for being married.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed to whom it may concern.
    Why open carrying is a good idea: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...encounter.html

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleyCherokee View Post
    Name one place where it's illegal for gays to marry? I've yet to hear of a gay couple being arrested or fined for being married.
    Really? You can't think of a single place where gay couples aren't allowed to get married? Do you happen to be a starfish named Patrick? Because you are obviously living under a rock.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    You might want to look up the (DOMA) Defense of Marriage Act passed in 1996.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Vermiform's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Louisiana
    Posts
    17
    Back on topic: It is too bad his ill conceived laws didn't die with him.

    A while back a co-worker told me a story. She came home and found her husband in the bed with a girl from 2 doors down. She chased the naked girl out of the house, then turned around and went back in after her husband. I qoute, "I wooped his little skinny ass and then I beat him again with a plastic coat hanger." The neighbors called the police and when they showed up, she owned up to it and said "hell yeah, I whooped his skinny ass! I found him in bed with that hussy down there!". She was arrested of course and plead guilty to domestic and didn't do any time other than the night she spent in jail. She was fined and had to do community service somewhere. When I explained to her that she could never buy a firearm again, her jaw dropped. She is single now and lives alone with 2 children. I hope she never needs to protect herself or her children......

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Gov.Christi said today at a press conf, that he was not going to appoint anyone, he is calling for a special election to replace the senator.

    We shall see.

    Best regards.

    CCJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •