Thread: Anti-SA zealot Lautenberg is dead

Anti-SA zealot Lautenberg is dead

The man responsible for expanding GCA 1968 is no more:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ead-92139.html

R.I.P.

The issue now becomes who the governor appoint to replace him, and then who will eventually be elected. It is at times like this that I am remindedthat even in the USA there is much truth behind "The king is dead. Long live the king." Or to put it another way: the devil you know or the devil you don't know. The one we knew is gone. What makes anybody believe his replacement/successor will be meaningfully different? That the voters kept returning him to office suggests there were not a sufficient number who did not like what he was doing.

Any signs of a strong candidate who happens to be, among other things, pro-2A?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Republicans who are already annoyed with Christie and his Obama-hugging antics

" if Christie appoints a right-winger, he angers the Democrats he needs to be reelected. If he appoints a Democrat, which he probably won't, he infuriates the Republican base he would need in the 2016 Republican primary. But splitting the difference won't work, either. Salon's Steve Kornacki points out that appointing a non-controversial old Republican as a caretaker for the seat is not without risk. The last time a Republican New Jersey governor did that a Democrat won the seat. His name was Frank Lautenberg."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...acement/65826/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-03-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

As I quipped elsewhere: I don't speak ill of the dead. Frank Lautenberg is dead. And that's all I can say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What makes anybody believe his replacement/successor will be meaningfully different?
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

He was the Senate's last WWII veteran.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    He was the Senate's last WWII veteran.
    Which side did he serve? Russians? He was a POS --- never heard the term "dancing on the grave" ... its a good day...

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    R.I.P.

The issue now becomes who the governor appoint to replace him, and then who will eventually be elected. It is at times like this that I am remindedthat even in the USA there is much truth behind "The king is dead. Long live the king." Or to put it another way: the devil you know or the devil you don't know. The one we knew is gone. What makes anybody believe his replacement/successor will be meaningfully different? That the voters kept returning him to office suggests there were not a sufficient number who did not like what he was doing.

Any signs of a strong candidate who happens to be, among other things, pro-2A?

stay safe.
    Hi Skidmark

I enjoy reading your post thank you. In NJ there are zero pro 2A candidates. This state is all anti's.
    Best regards

CCJ

He despised liberty, had disdain for the pre-born and was a vehement opponent of my God given right to bear firearms. Good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by JosephMingle View Post
    He despised liberty, had disdain for the pre-born and was a vehement opponent of my God given right to bear firearms. Good riddance!
    Not to drift too far off-topic here, but the term is unborn. If you're going to disparage someone else's character (and, mind you, I'm no friend of the late Mr. Lautenburg, either), you don't need to be making up words with which to do so. The English language is plenty big enough already.

Banned
    The term "pre-born" is not made up. A simple search on the Internet for it will clearly establish that it has several uses, including referring to what some call "unborn."

I've never used it, but will start now, as it carries with it an expectation of birth that "unborn" does not.

A baby murdered in the womb is unborn too. Until it was murdered in the womb is was in a pre-born stage of development.