Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Anti-SA zealot Lautenberg is dead

  1. #1
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    473

    Anti-SA zealot Lautenberg is dead

    The man responsible for expanding GCA 1968 is no more:

    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ead-92139.html

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,450
    R.I.P.

    The issue now becomes who the governor appoint to replace him, and then who will eventually be elected. It is at times like this that I am remindedthat even in the USA there is much truth behind "The king is dead. Long live the king." Or to put it another way: the devil you know or the devil you don't know. The one we knew is gone. What makes anybody believe his replacement/successor will be meaningfully different? That the voters kept returning him to office suggests there were not a sufficient number who did not like what he was doing.

    Any signs of a strong candidate who happens to be, among other things, pro-2A?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,505
    As I quipped elsewhere: I don't speak ill of the dead. Frank Lautenberg is dead. And that's all I can say about it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Da Rat Bastid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What makes anybody believe his replacement/successor will be meaningfully different?
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    847
    He was the Senate's last WWII veteran.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    16,172
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    He was the Senate's last WWII veteran.
    Which side did he serve? Russians? He was a POS --- never heard the term "dancing on the grave" ... its a good day...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    R.I.P.

    The issue now becomes who the governor appoint to replace him, and then who will eventually be elected. It is at times like this that I am remindedthat even in the USA there is much truth behind "The king is dead. Long live the king." Or to put it another way: the devil you know or the devil you don't know. The one we knew is gone. What makes anybody believe his replacement/successor will be meaningfully different? That the voters kept returning him to office suggests there were not a sufficient number who did not like what he was doing.

    Any signs of a strong candidate who happens to be, among other things, pro-2A?

    stay safe.
    Hi Skidmark

    I enjoy reading your post thank you. In NJ there are zero pro 2A candidates. This state is all anti's.
    Best regards

    CCJ

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Yorktown VA
    Posts
    110
    He despised liberty, had disdain for the pre-born and was a vehement opponent of my God given right to bear firearms. Good riddance!

  9. #9
    Regular Member Da Rat Bastid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephMingle View Post
    He despised liberty, had disdain for the pre-born and was a vehement opponent of my God given right to bear firearms. Good riddance!
    Not to drift too far off-topic here, but the term is unborn. If you're going to disparage someone else's character (and, mind you, I'm no friend of the late Mr. Lautenburg, either), you don't need to be making up words with which to do so. The English language is plenty big enough already.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    12,802
    The term "pre-born" is not made up. A simple search on the Internet for it will clearly establish that it has several uses, including referring to what some call "unborn."

    I've never used it, but will start now, as it carries with it an expectation of birth that "unborn" does not.

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    11,106
    A baby murdered in the womb is unborn too. Until it was murdered in the womb is was in a pre-born stage of development.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •