Thread: Blood of the Tree - Pro 2nd Amendment Novel

Blood of the Tree - Pro 2nd Amendment Novel

Hey guys,

Just found this book for free on amazon... And it's awesome. Chock full of small government, pro SA ideology. Check it out.

Also... Know of any other good 2nd amendment books? Preferably fiction...

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I posted this on another thread on this site, but here you are.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you're really interested in some good and insightful fiction on this topic may I suggest, in no particular order, the following reading;

• Unintended Consequences, John Ross - a classic (hard to find and expensive, it does show up at gun shows on occasion)
    • Essential Liberty, Rob Olive - very good and relatively new
    • Enemies Foreign and Domestic, Matthew Bracken - this is the first in a trilogy and very good
    • Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista, Matthew Bracken - number two in the trilogy
    • Foreign Enemies and Traitors, Matthew Bracken - the final one
    • Molon Labe!, Boston T. Party - another good read

If you can find a copy of Unintended Consequences at a reasonable price, get it. Used copies are going for $300 on Amazon. Don't know what they are selling for at gun shows but I bought my two in the 90's when they first came out. The first edition had some pages out of order, but the next edition was fixed. I think I paid $25 at a gun show. The real beauty of this book is the way the author interleaved his story with actual historical events and people, up to his "present day" part of the book. It makes an exceptional read and is very hard to put down. Highly recommended for us so immersed in the gun culture.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
    Wow, that is great! Thanks for the info. Easily one of the best works of fiction I have ever read.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    Who cares if a book is in print?

Get the ebook if you want to read it.

So far, no one has motivated me to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Who cares if a book is in print?

Get the ebook if you want to read it.

So far, no one has motivated me to read it.
    I didn't like "it" as a movie, don't think I would like the book either. Not a real big Stephan King fan.

I just finished "Unintended Consequences". As a work of fiction it also has lots of historical events that I researched upon reading about them. I would recommend it for merely that aspect. The major characters are a little hard to believe sometimes. Especially toward the end. I give this book a 6 out of ten. the beat is a little hard to dance to but the lyrics are good and there is enough entertainment and history to make it worth while.

I read UC from a free download site.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I didn't like "it" as a movie, don't think I would like the book either. Not a real big Stephan King fan.

I just finished "Unintended Consequences". As a work of fiction it also has lots of historical events that I researched upon reading about them. I would recommend it for merely that aspect. The major characters are a little hard to believe sometimes. Especially toward the end. I give this book a 6 out of ten. the beat is a little hard to dance to but the lyrics are good and there is enough entertainment and history to make it worth while.

I read UC from a free download site.
    It is fiction after all. UC has lots of good history in it. And some other good advice.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

"Free" if you're an Amazon "Prime" member. $2.99 otherwise. And only for Kindle.

Thanks, but no, thanks.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Yesterday anniversary, 8 June 1949 George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four published.

Now we live it.

Due to a Digital Restrictions Management issue, on 17 July 2009 AmaXon erased Nineteen Eighty-Four from client's e-readers and sent their copies of the book down the memory hole, first mentioned in the same book.

The eternal advantage of a p-book is that its truth or lies cannot be rewritten. There will never be e-book burnings.

Ah, another instance of remote rewrites. In an e-book War and Peace by Tolstoy, every instance of the word kindled (as to start a fire) was replaced by nooked. http://gizmodo.com/5915819/lazy-publ...ok-with-nooked

How many other instances have yet to be discovered?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    SNIP How many other instances have yet to be discovered?
    This will probably create a firestorm, but I can't help wonder how many of The Nazarene's words have been altered before inclusion in the big, thick book; nevermind translation errors from the originals. Same for the epistiles.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    This will probably create a firestorm, but I can't help wonder how many of The Nazarene's words have been altered before inclusion in the big, thick book; nevermind translation errors from the originals. Same for the epistiles.
    A tempest in a teapot for those of US with faith.

Believe nothing that one reads or hears without verifying it yourself unless it Weltanschauung congruent.

That is the reason that a serious student of the "big, thick book" does not rely on only one particular translation/version, but uses multiple translations/versions, compares them, consults the writings of scholars, and then makes up his own mind as to what was said/meant.

To do otherwise is to allow some other person to think for you and tell you how to think.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Banned
    Years ago, I bought a huge Bible that had four translations in columns across the facing pages. This increased my understanding immeasurably. Now I use Bible.is on my iPad. I can switch between dozens of translations instantaneously.

One other thing we do (and I am sure you do too), to ensure we are gleaning God's true message for us, is to read Scripture prayerfully, asking the Spirit to guide our study.

BTW, has anyone noticed that this is not a firestorm?

Founder's Club Member
    Years ago, I bought a huge Bible that had four translations in columns across the facing pages. This increased my understanding immeasurably. Now I use Bible.is on my iPad. I can switch between dozens of translations instantaneously.

One other thing we do (and I am sure you do too), to ensure we are gleaning God's true message for us, is to read Scripture prayerfully, asking the Spirit to guide our study.

BTW, has anyone noticed that this is not a firestorm?

Yeah, things have changed a good bit here on OCDO. There was a time I woulda first donned my asbestos suit before posting that question.

Of course, maybe CaPatriot hasn't seen that post, yet. I'll keep the suit handy.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

The Dartmouth Bible is a fine scholar's bible.

I was introduced to it in college, down the road at SJS. I also went to AMORC Rosicrucian summer (elementary) school.

Banned

Yeah, things have changed a good bit here on OCDO. There was a time I woulda first donned my asbestos suit before posting that question.

Of course, maybe CaPatriot hasn't seen that post, yet. I'll keep the suit handy.
    My point was that if a question of the Christian Faith is posed in a truly curious or respectful manner, you will get a rational and respectful response. Most (if not all) of the problems arise when someone gets snarky against the faith of another. And that still happens a lot around here.

Founder's Club Member
    My point was that if a question of the Christian Faith is posed in a truly curious or respectful manner, you will get a rational and respectful response. Most (if not all) of the problems arise when someone gets snarky against the faith of another. And that still happens a lot around here.
    Oh, I see. Yeah, I think you're right about that.