• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blood of the Tree - Pro 2nd Amendment Novel

undefyned

Hey guys,

Just found this book for free on amazon... And it's awesome. Chock full of small government, pro SA ideology. Check it out.

Also... Know of any other good 2nd amendment books? Preferably fiction...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I posted this on another thread on this site, but here you are.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you're really interested in some good and insightful fiction on this topic may I suggest, in no particular order, the following reading;

• Unintended Consequences, John Ross - a classic (hard to find and expensive, it does show up at gun shows on occasion)
  • Essential Liberty, Rob Olive - very good and relatively new
  • Enemies Foreign and Domestic, Matthew Bracken - this is the first in a trilogy and very good
  • Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista, Matthew Bracken - number two in the trilogy
  • Foreign Enemies and Traitors, Matthew Bracken - the final one
  • Molon Labe!, Boston T. Party - another good read

If you can find a copy of Unintended Consequences at a reasonable price, get it. Used copies are going for $300 on Amazon. Don't know what they are selling for at gun shows but I bought my two in the 90's when they first came out. The first edition had some pages out of order, but the next edition was fixed. I think I paid $25 at a gun show. The real beauty of this book is the way the author interleaved his story with actual historical events and people, up to his "present day" part of the book. It makes an exceptional read and is very hard to put down. Highly recommended for us so immersed in the gun culture.

eye95

Who cares if a book is in print?

Get the ebook if you want to read it.

So far, no one has motivated me to read it.

carracer

Who cares if a book is in print?

Get the ebook if you want to read it.

So far, no one has motivated me to read it.

I didn't like "it" as a movie, don't think I would like the book either. Not a real big Stephan King fan.

I just finished "Unintended Consequences". As a work of fiction it also has lots of historical events that I researched upon reading about them. I would recommend it for merely that aspect. The major characters are a little hard to believe sometimes. Especially toward the end. I give this book a 6 out of ten. the beat is a little hard to dance to but the lyrics are good and there is enough entertainment and history to make it worth while.

I read UC from a free download site.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I didn't like "it" as a movie, don't think I would like the book either. Not a real big Stephan King fan.

I just finished "Unintended Consequences". As a work of fiction it also has lots of historical events that I researched upon reading about them. I would recommend it for merely that aspect. The major characters are a little hard to believe sometimes. Especially toward the end. I give this book a 6 out of ten. the beat is a little hard to dance to but the lyrics are good and there is enough entertainment and history to make it worth while.

I read UC from a free download site.

It is fiction after all. UC has lots of good history in it. And some other good advice.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP How many other instances have yet to be discovered?

This will probably create a firestorm, but I can't help wonder how many of The Nazarene's words have been altered before inclusion in the big, thick book; nevermind translation errors from the originals. Same for the epistiles.

SFCRetired

This will probably create a firestorm, but I can't help wonder how many of The Nazarene's words have been altered before inclusion in the big, thick book; nevermind translation errors from the originals. Same for the epistiles.

That is the reason that a serious student of the "big, thick book" does not rely on only one particular translation/version, but uses multiple translations/versions, compares them, consults the writings of scholars, and then makes up his own mind as to what was said/meant.

To do otherwise is to allow some other person to think for you and tell you how to think.

eye95

Years ago, I bought a huge Bible that had four translations in columns across the facing pages. This increased my understanding immeasurably. Now I use Bible.is on my iPad. I can switch between dozens of translations instantaneously.

One other thing we do (and I am sure you do too), to ensure we are gleaning God's true message for us, is to read Scripture prayerfully, asking the Spirit to guide our study.

BTW, has anyone noticed that this is not a firestorm?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Years ago, I bought a huge Bible that had four translations in columns across the facing pages. This increased my understanding immeasurably. Now I use Bible.is on my iPad. I can switch between dozens of translations instantaneously.

One other thing we do (and I am sure you do too), to ensure we are gleaning God's true message for us, is to read Scripture prayerfully, asking the Spirit to guide our study.

BTW, has anyone noticed that this is not a firestorm?

:)

Yeah, things have changed a good bit here on OCDO. There was a time I woulda first donned my asbestos suit before posting that question.

Of course, maybe CaPatriot hasn't seen that post, yet. I'll keep the suit handy. :)

eye95

:)

Yeah, things have changed a good bit here on OCDO. There was a time I woulda first donned my asbestos suit before posting that question.

Of course, maybe CaPatriot hasn't seen that post, yet. I'll keep the suit handy. :)

My point was that if a question of the Christian Faith is posed in a truly curious or respectful manner, you will get a rational and respectful response. Most (if not all) of the problems arise when someone gets snarky against the faith of another. And that still happens a lot around here.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
My point was that if a question of the Christian Faith is posed in a truly curious or respectful manner, you will get a rational and respectful response. Most (if not all) of the problems arise when someone gets snarky against the faith of another. And that still happens a lot around here.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I think you're right about that.