Thread: Wayne kirch wildlife area (haymeadow resorvoir) and eagle valley resorvoir

Wayne kirch wildlife area (haymeadow resorvoir) and eagle valley resorvoir

Recently unemployed, i decided i wanna take a few days and enjoy the outdoors on a nice camping trip. I was hoping to get confirmation about OC at these parks, im 99% sure im ok but id like to get a bit more info as im still new to the OC scene and would rather not be put in a bad situation. Mainly i ask because i heard red rock is a exception cause its BLM so carry is not permitted ETC.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 07yzryder View Post
    ...Mainly i ask because i heard red rock is a exception cause its BLM so carry is not permitted ETC...
    BLM doesn't normally have rules like that. What makes Red Rock an exception is that it is a National Conservation Area. Their rule there is that the firearm cannot be loaded (their definition includes the magazine in the firearm.) From what I hear, they are very polite about its enforcement.

BLM also administers other public lands that are fine for normal, loaded carry.

I do not know what kinds these other "parks" are or where they are.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    BLM doesn't normally have rules like that. What makes Red Rock an exception is that it is a National Conservation Area. Their rule there is that the firearm cannot be loaded (their definition includes the magazine in the firearm.) From what I hear, they are very polite about its enforcement.

BLM also administers other public lands that are fine for normal, loaded carry.

I do not know what kinds these other "parks" are or where they are.
    Sorry they are state wildlife management areas. I'm assuming they follow state laws but I wanted to hear from those who know the law better.

Link to ndow page
    http://www.ndow.org/Nevada_Wildlife/...agement_Areas/

If they are state managed, you are most definitely GOOD TO GO! The state is actually quite good at respecting the state laws, believe it or not... If you notice any signage to the contrary, make sure you get a picture so we can bring it to their attention. There may be some old signs in some areas still, but they will be unenforced, and they will remove the sign (usually) when we tell them about it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Re: Wayne kirch wildlife area (haymeadow resorvoir) and eagle valley resorvoir

My girlfriend and I went to eagle valley and catheadral gorge last month and we had no problems with OC. Have fun!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sweet thank you for the info, hopefully I'll remember the camera and get some pics I can share.

It was a couple years ago, but I OC'd at Cathedral Gorge State Park as well.