Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB221 passed.. Please Urge Gov Sandoval to Veto

SB221 passed.. Please Urge Gov Sandoval to Veto

SB221 passed comittee and assemble, heading to governer, please contact him and urge him to veto it.

Governor Brian Sandoval

Phone: (775) 684-5670

E-mail http://gov.nv.gov/contact/governor/
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Done!

Yep, I got an NVFAC notice yesterday and did that.

Today I got an NRA notice.

And emails from the SFA too.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Done yesterday by email. As expected, the Democrats lied. They put the "mental health" into SB 221 to try to garner support from "squishy" Republicans when their intent all along has been "Universal background checks" When they saw the governor was intent on vetoing SB221, then quickly moved the "mental health provisions" to another bill. They will probably use this against vulnerable pointy end Republicans in the next election if the governor vetoes the bill and they can't garner 2/3rds to override his veto. EVERYONE on OCDO needs to remember those who voted No on SB 221 and support them monetarily or through envelope stuffing or working at their offices come next election.

On another note, am I the only one who is pissed at Mayors against gun violence (Bloomberg front group) and other outsiders like former congresswomen Gifford's Sarah Brady wannabe husband Mark Kelly coming in to OUR state and telling us what WE need to do. Although I only moved here (2) years ago from Pennsylvania after (28) years in the NAVY to retire, I have become a proud citizen of Nevada, loyal to my fellow Nevadans and resent these interlopers. Now retired, I plan to spend more time electing/re-electing pro gun/pro small government people.

What say you.

NAVYBLUE

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYBLUE View Post
    Done yesterday by email. As expected, the Democrats lied. They put the "mental health" into SB 221 to try to garner support from "squishy" Republicans when their intent all along has been "Universal background checks" When they saw the governor was intent on vetoing SB221, then quickly moved the "mental health provisions" to another bill. They will probably use this against vulnerable pointy end Republicans in the next election if the governor vetoes the bill and they can't garner 2/3rds to override his veto. EVERYONE on OCDO needs to remember those who voted No on SB 221 and support them monetarily or through envelope stuffing or working at their offices come next election.

On another note, am I the only one who is pissed at Mayors against gun violence (Bloomberg front group) and other outsiders like former congresswomen Gifford's Sarah Brady wannabe husband Mark Kelly coming in to OUR state and telling us what WE need to do. Although I only moved here (2) years ago from Pennsylvania after (28) years in the NAVY to retire, I have become a proud citizen of Nevada, loyal to my fellow Nevadans and resent these interlopers. Now retired, I plan to spend more time electing/re-electing pro gun/pro small government people.

What say you.

NAVYBLUE
    Nope. I am upset at that. I am MORE upset that we had legislators who listened to them.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

So basically if you have a mental illness, you shouldn't seek professional help for fear of losing your rights and property. It all makes sense now!

email and call the Governor’s office. Don't let up. Get everyone you know to do it too...TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Make those calls.

Please call Governor Sandoval at 775-684-5670 and press “2” -- to
    vote AGAINST the universal background check bill (SB 221).
    Urge everyone you know to do it too. (I called from 8 different lines)...TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Like the Nevada Constitution says " EVERY " citizen not "Some citizens" have the right to keep and bear arms.
    Making this sb221 against that constitution.

I read researching a number of years ago, one of the ways to disarm a nation in the communist rules for revolution was to
    use "Mental Illness" as a good way to take arms from the public, without a fight.
    Its a way to "Brainwash" the public there by getting their approval with little effort.
    Very sneaky way to disarm a nation or state or city, through the local counsel.
    Looks like its working on a national level. Its sad
    What this will do is create more violence, and that is prophetic.
    The more good people are disarmed like England, the more violence takes place.
    Outlaws don't follow the law.

There now trying to turn Nevada into a California.
    Keep up the good fight Brothers and never give up your guns ! Robin47

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    just did it from my 2 lines!

Re: SB221 passed.. Please Urge Gov Sandoval to Veto

You can call multiple times from the same phone number. I dont know if they track the phone numbers, but i voted twice from mine. This is especially concerning to me because if I can do it, then someone with more money (bloomberg) coukd juat set up an automatic redialer....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Support from Idaho sent.

Voted against.
    Hoka hey

Made the call. Saw the governor on the news today. Said he had been checking, there was something like 26000 contacting his office saying the do not want it and less than 8000 saying they wanted it. Said he was going to veto it.

Update

Late friday afternoon, the bill left enrolement and was sent to the governor. I'm certain he will be working at least on saturday given the legislature just closedup shop and he likely has a lot on his plate. I just hope he makes this veto a priority!

Isn't it sad when simply not losing a right is considered a victory?

I think it is kind of sad that people are agreeing that the governor is some kind of saint when he only promised to veto the bill if it wasn't ammended. He is still in favor of gun control to "keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill"

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I voted for veto.

It allows out of state voters as this issue can have ripple effects.

The NFC just posted on facebook that Gov Sandovol did VETO SB221!

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    The NFC just posted on facebook that Gov Sandovol did VETO SB221!
    Yep! Today is a good day indeed.

For those in the LV area, Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada (PLAN, allied with ProgressNow NV) is trying to plan a veto protest at Sunset Park tonight at 1830 hours.

Just throwing that out there, in case anyone would like to stop by and offer a box or two of Kleenex.

Nevada 1, Nanny Bloomburg 0!

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    ...veto protest at Sunset Park ...
    Too bad that is a county park. The county will harass those who legally openly carry there.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Begging Master Sandoval worked - this time. How benevolent of him. Congrats.
    YouTube OC activism vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all
    TigerLily's Freedom ROAR Radio show
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/TLRoar/
    Blog: http://tlroar.blogspot.com/
    http://guerrillalawfare.com/
    http://tigerlilsblog.blogspot.com/
    I don't ride to be safe, I ride to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Begging Master Sandoval worked - this time. How benevolent of him. Congrats.
    That seems a bit over the top. Early on, while SB-221 was still in the process - and before the influx of MAIG influence - the Gov indicated he would veto the bill. And he did veto it, in spite of MAIG and Democrat influence.

Is it mental health issues, like being on weight-loss regimes that use SSRIs? Or getting a psychoactive medication (say during acute trauma, such as death of a spouse and getting Ativan)?

Or is it treatment in a 'residential setting' (I.e. when committed).

It's such a complex issue - I don't think legislators understand medicine and psychology enough to pass these kinds of laws.

Good luck getting it veto'ed guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast