• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB221 passed.. Please Urge Gov Sandoval to Veto

varminter22

Begging Master Sandoval worked - this time. How benevolent of him. Congrats.
That seems a bit over the top. Early on, while SB-221 was still in the process - and before the influx of MAIG influence - the Gov indicated he would veto the bill. And he did veto it, in spite of MAIG and Democrat influence.

Maverick9

Is it mental health issues, like being on weight-loss regimes that use SSRIs? Or getting a psychoactive medication (say during acute trauma, such as death of a spouse and getting Ativan)?

Or is it treatment in a 'residential setting' (I.e. when committed).

It's such a complex issue - I don't think legislators understand medicine and psychology enough to pass these kinds of laws.

Good luck getting it veto'ed guys!

wrightme

It is already veto'ed.

And the Governor had stated he would veto it if the bg checks stayed in the mental health bill.

Our 'begging' was for him to stand by his promise to veto, not to beg him to change his mind about it.