• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port Orchard, National Night Out Tuesday, August 6th from 6:00-8:30

Vitaeus

First email from the Port Orchard Police received, we had a dozen folks there last year. Have a volunteer for table(s) and some chairs, anyone on our side of the water have pamphlets? I forget, who has a banner we can use? I am definitely NOT going to be back from Virginia before this, I showed up at about 4:30 last year and helped with unloading the donated soda's and such, anyone able to pitch in this year?

Moderator: sticky please

fire suppressor

I would love to be there I think this is a great community event for us to be at. I signed up to staff a ambulance during the event so unfortunately I can not be there for this one but I do wish everyone and fun, safe and productive night

Vitaeus

Setup time begins at 1530, event starts at 1800. Sending PMs with text from the coordinator to both 1911er and EMN. Thanks for the help fellow's. I hope to hear/see that we have a turnout like last year.

EMNofSeattle

Any one that has access to an OC banner would be great. And some more flyers I have A few but not nearly enough. I will be there with A couple of tables and some chairs.

We can just take those flyers to a copy machine.... How many do you have and how many do you think you need?

maybe we can arrange an impromptu open carry meet at Fred's at the starbucks stand, get a few people googly eye the new gun counter, and hand me off some of them flyers, I can make a few copies.

Last edited:

psbart

have about 40 black and white flyers left from the printing Jamie did last year. Think we will need more than that? I plan to be there as close to the start of things as I can manage with 3 kiddos

1911er

Tonight's the Night

Don't forget to come out and support Open Carry at the National Night Out on the waterfront behind Peninsula Feed Downtown Port Orchard between 6:00 pm and 8:30 you can always show up early and BS I will be there by 4:00 sitting up I have A couple of tables and some chairs and I will bring my canopy for shade.

1245A Defender

Well,,, or should I say,,, Wowwie,,, or sooo,,, ??? I dont know,,, Help!!!

Ok soooo I guess somebody needs to write an after action report.
I guess,,, that somebody will need to be ME!

I got to the place 5 minutes to 6 PM,,, sooo I was early.
Already there, set up, ready for the fun was,,,
1911er,
Emn of Seattle,
PSBart, 2 little girls and a baby boy,
then me,
Squeak,
TriggerDr,
Sigguy23,
Fmj1911,
soo thats 8 OCers.
We didnt get a lot of action and the general attendance was low, but
I got 2 hotdogs and a cold can of pop.
we need to make a banner for these local events, we did get to talk to some folks
and pass out some trifolds, and the cops came by and asked for us
to send curious gun folks to come see them too.

And the weather was great!

1911er

Like 1245 defender wrote not A large turnout like last year. But big thanks for those who came out to support the cause

People who stopped by to chat were Mayor Tim Matthes, Police Chief Geoffrey Marti and police commander Dale shuster along with A disabled vet from Retsil Vetrans home that said he was proud to see people standing up for our constitution. along with some others from the public.