Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: more idiocy - kid suspended for talking about guns

  1. #1
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426

    more idiocy - kid suspended for talking about guns

    .

  2. #2
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    http://pro.wmal-af.tritonflex.com/co...6543&is_corp=0

    What did the kid say?
    According to the father, the kids on the bus were talking about Sandy Hook, and:
    "He said, I wish I had a gun to protect everyone. He wanted to defeat the bad guys. That's the context of what he said... He wanted to be the hero."

    And once again, the minor child was questioned without parents being notified or present,
    and the deputy involved wanted to search the family home w/o a warrant,
    and was questioning the parents about if they have guns.

    But the kid was "only" suspended for one day.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-04-2013 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    "The ACLU's Kumar said there are too many cases of school officials coming down hard on students for relatively harmless offenses." ACLU bigotry, relatively and harmless. Which part of the RKABA civil right that "shall not be infringed" does the ACLU not understand?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    they had the father fill out a four page questioner. WTH, i would have wiped my arse with it.

    doesn't this fall under the 1st amendment? i wonder how they found out about the conversation
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  5. #5
    Regular Member conandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    248
    Kids getting suspended for toy guns, for haveing a USMC shirt with a gun on it and now for talking about a gun. When the Hell is this nonsense going to stop. They violate the child's rights and the parents rights.

    I am so glad my kids are not in school any more. I know I would be in jail if they pulled this crap with my boys. How much of this can parents take before they say enough.

  6. #6
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Thankfully, our kids do not and will not have to deal with this stupidity...we home school.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Maryland.....any other questions?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,198
    It always amazes me that conservative freedom loving parents send their children to public schools.

    I know its is the easy way out. Home schooling is lots of work, private schools cost more and we still have to pay for the public system.

    This kind of stuff just shows how down graded are public schools have become.

    Far gone are the days when I grew up and guns were brought to school to go hunting after school or the weekend.

    Where one could have a discussion for a whole class period on what rifle and caliber were going to be used the next day as it was deer hunt opener. No ones mind was on school work anyway.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Thankfully, our kids do not and will not have to deal with this stupidity...we home school.

    "All generalizations are false, including this one." - Samuel Clemens
    Good for home schooling.

    Too bad that your standards are so low as to advertise such unletteredness as the misattributed misquote that has also been blamed on George Barnard Shaw, Douglas MacArthur, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., and Winston Churchill,.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Good for home schooling.

    Too bad that your standards are so low as to advertise such unletteredness as the misattributed misquote that has also been blamed on George Barnard Shaw, Douglas MacArthur, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., and Winston Churchill,.
    (*SHRUG*) Your issue, and your lack of class.
    Last edited by carolina guy; 06-05-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: who cares?
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I don't know who said it. However, a quick search of the Internet routinely attributes this quotation to Twain. There seems to be no sourced attribution to anyone else. So, while we cannot be sure that Twain uttered the remark or sure of the precise wording, there is equally little reason to assert that any other particular person said it.

    To accost someone for attributing the quotation to Twain is ridiculously nitpicky.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    "The principal told me that with what happened at Sandy Hook if you say the word 'gun' in my school you are going to get suspended for 10 days," Henkelman said in an interview with WMAL.com.

    Oh, I see. So you are fine with ******* a parent off ... I'm sure that, over time, that this policy is the best at keeping kids safe. NOT.

    Gun gun gun gun gun gun ... am I suspended?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Care to introduce those links? Or are we to just trust you as to their content and value?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Not enough of an introduction to convince me it is worth the effort to even click the links.

    Moving on.

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I would have not filled out a question air and told the deputies to go pound sand.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Not enough of an introduction to convince me it is worth the effort to even click the links.

    Moving on.
    But you may get a free vacation cruise if you do click ... who knows .. maaayybe

  17. #17
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I would have not filled out a question air and told the deputies to go pound sand.
    (*thumbs up*) Or just hand it back (uncompleted) and say you have filled out as much as you are willing w/o payment for your time.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    (*thumbs up*) Or just hand it back (uncompleted) and say you have filled out as much as you are willing w/o payment for your time.
    LOL...and then you can have the question air discredited because you were offered compensation for your testimony....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    [URL]

    And once again, the minor child was questioned without parents being notified or present,
    and the deputy involved wanted to search the family home w/o a warrant,
    and was questioning the parents about if they have guns.

    But the kid was "only" suspended for one day.
    This is one reason why I filed a notice of trespass to various gov't agencies ~ they don't come to my door anymore.

    "questioning the parents if they have guns?" I would say "I have a missile in my pants, want to see it?"

  20. #20
    Regular Member Black_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    On The Border in AZ
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Thankfully, our kids do not and will not have to deal with this stupidity...we home school.
    Same here.

    Government schools are just indoctrination centers IMO. Not enough time or effort spent on needed education and too much time spent on social engineering.

    Here in AZ there is a boom in charter schools and home schooling. Even though charter schools are technically "public" they are not as bad. Public schools are closing left and right here...it's about time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •